I'm sure you all agree... SURPRISING ANALYSIS - 4TH LINK

Ts_Stormrage

[hide=]
I have all I need so it doesn't really bother me. Although, I wish I knew whether or not Jagex was going to nerf the drop rates/26k'ing. Then I could confidently choose whether or not to invest in these rising items.

they're definitely going to nerf 26k'ing. a picture with solid proof was posted here and said the team is working on it.

[/hide]

Where can I find this picture? :D

It's on the picture thread.

You are a bit late there. It's been posted above you multiple times.

2j3qh46.jpg

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=]
I have all I need so it doesn't really bother me. Although, I wish I knew whether or not Jagex was going to nerf the drop rates/26k'ing. Then I could confidently choose whether or not to invest in these rising items.

they're definitely going to nerf 26k'ing. a picture with solid proof was posted here and said the team is working on it.

[/hide]

Where can I find this picture? :D

It's on the picture thread.

You are a bit late there. It's been posted above you multiple times.

Must have been oblivious to the "Other people have posted bla bla bla..." message :wall:

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

The real question here is when, and if they are going to make it a bannable offence. Knowing Jagex, it will probably take them like 2 weeks, when it should have been fixed 2 weeks ago.

It realy shouldn't have gotten past the QA team but I imagine they never tested it just like they never tested that fix where you could run and eat and that caused 34 minutes of total chaos. Or of course maybe they ment Pvp to me 1m+ an hour I'm not sure. It'll be fixed though it's just a matter of time.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

[hide=]

The real question here is when, and if they are going to make it a bannable offence. Knowing Jagex, it will probably take them like 2 weeks, when it should have been fixed 2 weeks ago.

It realy shouldn't have gotten past the QA team but I imagine they never tested it just like they never tested that fix where you could run and eat and that caused 34 minutes of total chaos. Or of course maybe they ment Pvp to me 1m+ an hour I'm not sure. It'll be fixed though it's just a matter of time.

[/hide]

Or how you could remove the hilt of a lent godsword and keep it? I figured that was an obvious one, lol. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

[hide=]

[/hide]

Or how you could remove the hilt of a lent godsword and keep it? I figured that was an obvious one, lol. :lol:

Was that even true? I know there was rumors about it but I never thought it was real. If it was I find myself wondering whether the QA team does anything except play the new content and have fun with it instead of testing it.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Whoever invests cash into items to keep up with inflation, i got news for you:

Soon the PvP artifacts will be dealt with>Items go down in price a week after that is done>You loose money.

Assuming jagex deals with it properly. They have been aware of the problem for a while now, and have done nothing to slow it down, which makes me believe that Jagex want's inflation to continue.

w4M8t.png

Soon the PvP artifacts will be dealt with>Items go down in price a week after that is done>You loose money.

Assuming jagex deals with it properly. They have been aware of the problem for a while now, and have done nothing to slow it down, which makes me believe that Jagex want's inflation to continue.

Uhm, thats stupid... why would they want it... It makes everything a lot harder for the newest of players...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Uhm, thats stupid... why would they want it... It makes everything a lot harder for the newest of players...

Explain how?

w4M8t.png

This happens every year, we enter the summer period and then items go up. The pvp trick has influenced this, but I still think its worth mentioning that items of value ALWAYS go up during the summer.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

This happens every year, we enter the summer period and then items go up. The pvp trick has influenced this, but I still think its worth mentioning that items of value ALWAYS go up during the summer.

That's true, but also take into consideration that this a early stage of inflation and so far things are going up.

fc37dy.jpg

I love how he complains about 60's being really rich, when he claims to need to get 100 Combat and he has some form of Godsword.

I can't even afford a Bandos Godsword atm, and that's if I liquidate my bank, well, I might get close, who knows :-k

Spaz4010.png

fc37dy.jpg

About time, i hate my cash pile becoming worth less and less.

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

fc37dy.jpg

I love how he complains about 60's being really rich, when he claims to need to get 100 Combat and he has some form of Godsword.

I can't even afford a Bandos Godsword atm, and that's if I liquidate my bank, well, I might get close, who knows :-k

i hear about this nifty new system i believe its called "item lending" that is a bit of speculation though lol...

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

Explain why inflation is bad in Runescape.

People who don't get the fast cash quickly can't keep up with the rise in price, and their money becomes less valuable.

Um, if they invest their piles of cash into items, then they will keep up with inflation.

Next!

Yes but if everyone does this it just causes a never-ending problem. Inflation in any situation is bad. If you really can't see that... i'm concerned.

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

Explain why inflation is bad in Runescape.

People who don't get the fast cash quickly can't keep up with the rise in price, and their money becomes less valuable.

Um, if they invest their piles of cash into items, then they will keep up with inflation.

Next!

Yes but if everyone does this it just causes a never-ending problem. Inflation in any situation is bad. If you really can't see that... i'm concerned.

Care to try and back up that statement other than just saying that it's bad?

Off Topic: Don't be concerned for me buddy. I'm on track to live a pretty successful life, thanks to my education.

w4M8t.png

Yes is true, items always go up in summer but NEVER as today whip hasen't reach 2m price in years (1-2?) i understand some like Dfs and mage book, but some don't have a reason to go up, like armadyl really people lost those items to often on wilderness? i think not.

spy2j.jpg

Mhmm, i see nothing wrong with 26k tbh :D

theres enough ways money comes out of the economy... So thigns wil be alright, + this gives ppl who work for raw materials a chance again to boost their cashpile, YES I 26K... and i bolt

i make alot of money doing this and since things are rising, maybe mhing will be worth it again, and i'll stops 26king and go back to that.

Cause monster hunting was crap there for awhile...

n btw, my sigs was taken awhile back... so dnt use that against me.

armahiltsigsk7.png

hiltbannerfd4.png

Killer3650.png

Killer3650.png

Home World: 99

Irc-Chat: #Aod

Problems with inflation:

1) Value of cash pile goes down. Ex. Before inflation you could buy 270 yews with 100,000gp, now you can only buy 200 yews. Every day your cash pile is going down in value so long as inflation continues.

2) Unstable economy. A massive change in prices makes the economy very unpredictable. Items may undergo massive price waves.

3) Speculation. Merchant clans take advantage of rising prices and merchant even more items more aggressively (thanks to unstable economy). Merched items are an inconvinience to everyone except the clan leaders.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

That's true, but also take into consideration that this a early stage of inflation and so far things are going up.

In the beginning of summer everything goes up, until the later months of summer we cannot develop an accurate hypothesis on the actually effect of the 26k trick versus the normal summer inflation. While I understand that things are rising, I still think we need more data.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Those who are doing 26K heavily and think "I don't care about everyone else, i earn good cash" remind me of republicans in US.

Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't republicans goal to have a more private society where everyone looks after themself?

Private schools, Private healthcare and so on?

If so then yes 26kers remind me of them, because they don't care about those hardworkers who don't do PvP.

Sorry i forgot to give my opinion about this.

I don't aprove 26k becouse it gives cash from nowhere without a help in economy.

I get materials, i use them, get more materials, sell them and get cash back and i help the economy OR

I get materials for doing work and waste time, i sell them, i get pure profit and i help the economy but in 26k this happens:

I get statues, i sell them, i get cash and who gets the statues? A npc, and he won't help the economy becouse the statues don't have another use they aren't used as a 2nd or 1st material for anything. You actually aren't using for anything than get cash from nowhere. The circle of economy dosent keeps going around becouse on 1s of its parts if much heavy than the others and is harder it to move.

So if people say ''oh yew logs are rising, ima go cut some!'' then after some time he says ''its boring and i heard 26k is even better so ima do it'' and more people go to 26k so less materials are made.

so conclusion is:

With 26k you do the last step 1st and is getting cash bak or pure profit and not giving something left to the world.

You are almost like a parasite, you take but you don't give.

spy2j.jpg

How can't you kids understand inflation is BAD? It's bad in any case on the planet. No matter what it's for, inflation is ALWAYS BAD. If this does continue, in, let's say a year, cash will be come completely useless except for the little items like food and potions etc. Valuable items WILL only be traded for other valuable items. And that WILL happen if this continues for a long time.

I don't agree.

Pvp shouldn't become a money sink as you put it. Rather Jagex should just find a way to stop the 26k'ers.

People who enjoy PVP shouldn't be chastised because of a few non-PVPers who found a get rich quick scheme. Rather Jagex should be making a way to stop these people without harming the players who are finally being able to pk again.

I kind of agree with this statement. You have a lot of people who have no interest in PVP, but are 26king. Find a way to stop the 26king abuse, and you stop a lot of those problems.

However, PVP never used to generate brand new items and wealth into the game, and I think that's the point Ts was trying to make. Should this be stopped as well? I don't PK so I don't know.

MMORPGs always have a problem with inflation. The ways Jagex typically deals with it is by introducing ways to draw money out of the economy with things like Construction. I don't think inflation itself is bad. We've always experienced inflation in Runescape. It only becomes a problem if the inflation increases too fast. I'm sure they will put an end to 26king soon, and then I could see the next skill being a moneypit skill along the lines of Construction.

rssig2.png

I don't agree.

Pvp shouldn't become a money sink as you put it. Rather Jagex should just find a way to stop the 26k'ers.

People who enjoy PVP shouldn't be chastised because of a few non-PVPers who found a get rich quick scheme. Rather Jagex should be making a way to stop these people without harming the players who are finally being able to pk again.

I kind of agree with this statement. You have a lot of people who have no interest in PVP, but are 26king. Find a way to stop the 26king abuse, and you stop a lot of those problems.

It's a shame because before artifacts 26King was not risky but it wasn't greatly profitable. Average you earned 400K and rare chances of DFS/DFH. Remember you were in a hotspot for 2 hours.

It was quite fun honestly and i enjoyed it. Now it has become something stupid. :wall: