R.I.P.

Jaguar_Kings

Today maarten, a valued HoF member hung himself. He has been confirmed dead. Im in shock, and I am sure many people are. Why he do it? Well, according to sources he was scammed 11M on rs, life was rough and he just decided to not carry on life. At the age of 14! Let this remind you runescape is just a game...

His last post...

hello im maarten van 't Spijker,

better known as maarten16020,

At first i know this is hard to beleve for all of you, but i've had enough of life.

I bet you think im talking nonsence and that im spamming the forums, but it's true.

One of my reallife friends(elsupremonl, no combat nl) will soon be able to confirm that its true.

I'm doing this because i'm having lots of problems on school, at home and in other places.

I'm just sick of this world and the ppl living in it.

One of the few supports i had where my friends, now my very best friend set me up.

He was like the person who i didnt want to hurt with this, and now he isn't one of the reasons to don't do this anymore...

My parents don't know about this and you are the first person to know this.

I don't think no one could ever help me out this deep problems that i am in.

Please understand that this is not some kind of lame joke and that im serious about this.

I just thought that i should inform my clan and that i enjoyed my time in this clan.

Being in this clan let me look at persons who did enjoyed there lifes, it even made me enjoy life more.

I hope that you will remember me as a clan member who was there, but how you remember me is up to you.

I haven't been very long in this clan and there mght be persins who even never heard of me before.

I hope you understand m choise and my action.

I would like to have a special last greeting to:

Classicboy

Xgazx

01Whitec2

Elsupremonl

Lordlulu

and other reallife persons HoF doesn't know

Maarten Pieter van 't Spijker,

14 years old,

Dutch student,

maarten16020

R.I.P. Maarten

Valued HoF Member

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...if this is true, maybe jagex should be informed of it, so other young lives might be saved?

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

wow...if this is true, maybe jagex should be informed of it, so other young lives might be saved?

Perhaps my imagination is lacking, but how, exactly, are Jagex supposed to do anything about things like this? If the guy killed himself over losing money in RS then, to be honest, I don't think it would of been that long before something else pushed him over the edge anyway.

The best way to stop depressed people killing themselves is people looking after them and helping them when they feel low. Jagex isn't a counseling service, nor is it their job to replace parents and carers.

Perhaps my imagination is lacking, but how, exactly, are Jagex supposed to do anything about things like this? If the guy killed himself over losing money in RS then, to be honest, I don't think it would of been that long before something else pushed him over the edge anyway.

The best way to stop depressed people killing themselves is people looking after them and helping them when they feel low. Jagex isn't a counseling service, nor is it their job to replace parents and carers.

Well said.

He commited suicide for a stupid reason, I mean comon, i honestly feel anything for him (maybe I have a stone heart). Its another thing when no one loves you, your mom is addicted to drugs, and other horrible things, but when you life is soo good why would you do it. Some people don't realize how good they have it. I hate how he says he is just sick of the world, its like he believes he is somehow better than anyone else so he doesn't belong to be here. Bahhhh

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

He commited suicide for a stupid reason, I mean comon, i honestly feel anything for him (maybe I have a stone heart). Its another thing when no one loves you, your mom is addicted to drugs, and other horrible things, but when you life is soo good why would you do it. Some people don't realize how good they have it. I hate how he says he is just sick of the world, its like he believes he is somehow better than anyone else so he doesn't belong to be here. Bahhhh

I'm not saying I agree with his decision, but how are you so sure that his life was "soo good"? It's not like he was overly detailed or anything, but his note says that he had problems at school, home, and with his best friend. Who are you to judge how good or bad his life is?

Again, I am not saying I support suicide, but it just got to me when you said he had it good and that he thought he was better than everyone. Probably because my own life has been filled with serious problems after problems the past 4 or 5 months, and I have been trying to make a conscious effort at counting my blessings and not trying to take small things for granted, and if some random person were to come up to me and tell me that my life is great and that I don't realize how good I have it, I'd be pretty peeved.

Anyway, it's a shame he was driven to that. At such a young age too. :(

Maybe I don't exactly have the right tone for this thread, but this is pathetic. Anyone who takes their own life deserves no sympathy.
I believe suicide is the most selfish thing in the world you can do. As long as there is one person in the world who might care about you, you are causing tremendous grief to that person(s). Despite this, I do feel sorry for this young man - at that age no one deserves to have their life cut short, even if it's through their own doing. I really feel for his parents, friends, and HoF. Suicide is one thing that is just so sad, and has no reason to ever occur.

@Maarten: Congrats for ruining your friends and families lives. How selfish.

A really good friend of mine OD'd and died a few years back, so selfish. No respect for people like that.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Forgive me for being cynical, but I'm not seeing any solid proof that this really happened? Some people will do anything for attention unfortunately. For all we know he was just bored with RS and this clan or whatever involvement he had online and decided to go with a "bang" and say he was going to do this, but just see what kind of attention he got first. I don't really know though.

Cynicism aside, if this indeed happened, obviously RS wouldn't be the sole reason for it to happen. There must be some sort of other motivation, and as bad as it sounds, you have to be pretty messed up already to turn to suicide to make things better. Given I don't know what he has gone through, there's no excuse for suicide. Even turning to drugs or drowning your sorrows in alcohol is better than killing yourself, not that I condone them. At least you're not hurting your loved ones as well.

Simply though, RS is hardly a reason for someone to kill themselves, so its not a place to blame the game for something like this or even discuss that as a possibility.

peterstretchfn5.gif

im still guessing that its fake, like a lot of the other ones. but if its not... its his choice if he doesnt want to live anymore, even if its for a "stupid" reason. i think its stupid no matter what the cause is, but i do respect a persons right to do it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

im still guessing that its fake, like a lot of the other ones. but if its not... its his choice if he doesnt want to live anymore, even if its for a "stupid" reason. i think its stupid no matter what the cause is, but i do respect a persons right to do it.

The thing is though, imagine those he hurt. His parrents, for one, must be heart broken, and any of his friends too.

If this is true, In a few years/months the US goverment will prohibit playing games, in the Gender RPG, MMORPG, because, I have seen, read, and listened histories of people who killed itself just because lost an Item or was Scammed, I people continue doing this... No more RPG games for the world... How selfish this person can be? Can't them see that killing theirselfs just for a game is ridicullous, and at the age of 14! :shock:

Where the world is coming to?

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

Erhm...

i was playing Final Fantasy (the online version) and before you start the game it gives a warning something like this:

Do not let games take over your life, you will loose friends, blah blah blah... we are not responsible for your actions in the outside world.. blah blah..

havent played it for a while so i dont remember alot

its sad.. there is no reason to EVER kill yourself. if he thought he had it bad he should go to africa and starve to death, then maby he would of had some respect for what he had, even if little.

I personally dont pitty these type of people. suicide is a cowards way out.

I doubt its true, most people that are thinking of commiting suicide don't actually talk about it before it happens and saying who will confirm it is a bit dodgy...

Anyway I will remain undecided until there is further proof.

reportbuttanerfb6.gif

ty for ur help it realy helps -.-

it was my best rl friend man

and he dindt died only for pixels

he had only 4 friends left

his friend he knows of his 1st year hacked him k?

he had very much problems at school and at home

and i rly miss him now...

me have spoken

1ocmer1