New combat skill?

Kill_Thomas9

I've been thinking for a while, and thought:

What new combat skill could jagex introduce to the game? We already have mele, ranged, and magic, and prayer. What other combat skills could jagex make?

Post your new combat skill ideas here!

And yes, I think this was posted some time before, but couldn't find the thread. (I think it was made by kashi?)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Divide Magic and Range into two groups, similarly to Strength and attack.

Magic could have Force (strength) and Focus (attack), and range could have Power (strength) and Accuracy (attack)

This could alter the Pure system drastically. And likely to make pures less effective.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

there can't be any other attacks people can use, unless we all get psych,, o thats tele grab,,,, he can throw stuff at.... ranged dang,,,, thing man you can't make anything more, that all that can be made!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Magic could have Force (strength) and Focus (attack), and range could have Power (strength) and Accuracy (attack)

This could alter the Pure system drastically. And likely to make pures less effective.

Very good idea. But which one would alching train? Oh, and alching brings up another good point for that. No longer will be able to stand in banks for dozens of hours, making little flashy lights for magic levels. They will actually have to train in a combat related way for a combat skill, like the rest.

How about healing.

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... le_id=2691

look at the 4th and 5th spells.

I want this to happen very badly.

How about healing.

Lunar Magic

hoffmanbmx.gif

120+ combat 1800+ total | level 76 rsc

whip drops: 31

abyssal heads: 1

dark bows: 1

How about healing.

Those would be nice if they actually healed. Those are just a drain in reverse. You'd think that Jagex would make them actually give you or the other player HP since the spell costs that many runes... but of course, when someone has a great idea, Jagex has to water it down to make it useless.

I had an idea awhile ago of Master of Arms. Basically train with different weapons to gain access to more powerful ones. Kinda combat related, cause you could do special melee weapons, staffs, and bows to relate to all combat styles.

How about healing.

Those would be nice if they actually healed. Those are just a drain in reverse. You'd think that Jagex would make them actually give you or the other player HP since the spell costs that many runes... but of course, when someone has a great idea, Jagex has to water it down to make it useless.

Oh, thanks for pointing that out for me. Forgot it took your own hp :x . After taking all those runes too... Way to water down an idea...

And about the splitting skills in two thing... The more I think about it, the better it seems. You may be on to something here :thumbsup:

They could split prayer into shadow prayers and holy prayers, the normal prayers would be holy prayer, the shadow prayers would be as follows:(provided you did an extremely hard quest for it, comparable to ME2, and requires defense, to make sure pures cant use this)

*lv50 Dark Scan(+15% attack, +15% strength)

*lv54 Shadow shield(+20% defense)

*lv58 Shade control(+10% attack, +10% strength, 10% defense)

**lv62 Melee shield(protect from melee, antipoison effect)

**lv66 Arrow deflect(protect from range, small chance to send arrows back to enemy, lower chance on other players)

**lv70 Magic mastery(protect from magic, small chance to turn magic dmg into healing)

lv74 Flare(homing retribution, hits up to 25)

lv78 Dark healing(stronger redemption, only doesnt drain your whole prayer)

*lv82 Haste(speed up melee attacks)

*lv86 Arrow split(hits more enemies in multicombat area)

*lv90 Magic potentcy(magic attack ignores defense, extremely fast magic drain)

lv94 Death(if enemy is at low health(less than 1/8), attacks have chance of instantly killing the foe)

lv98 Ultima(use all remaining prayer for an attack hitting 35+ easily, depends on how much prayer is used, ignores all prayers, smite effect, draining a prayer point per 2 points of dmg)

* and ** means that only one of that type can be on, respectively.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Chimpanzee Ninjutsu?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

They could split prayer into shadow prayers and holy prayers, the normal prayers would be holy prayer, the shadow prayers would be as follows:(provided you did an extremely hard quest for it, comparable to ME2, and requires defense, to make sure pures cant use this)

**lv66 Arrow deflect(protect from range, small chance to send arrows back to enemy, lower chance on other players)

**lv70 Magic mastery(protect from magic, small chance to turn magic dmg into healing)

lv94 Death(if enemy is at low health(less than 1/8), attacks have chance of instantly killing the foe)

lv98 Ultima(use all remaining prayer for an attack hitting 35+ easily, depends on how much prayer is used, ignores all prayers, smite effect, draining a prayer point per 2 points of dmg)

Good, but the last 3 seem kinda intense. The lvl 90 one should use twice the runes (except for ancients, which uses 1.5 times the runes.)

The death prayer should do 3/4 of what ever damage that was done to the opponent, to the user.

And Ultima should hit however much prayer is left, up to 35, but has a chance of missing (take the 3/5 prayer left, subtract it from 100, subtract 60, and subtract 10% of the prayer left for the chance of missing. The equation is:

((100 - 3/5 prayer left) - 60) - 10% of prayer left.

ei. if some has 50 prayer left

((100-30)-60)-5)=5. That means the prayer would have a 5% chance of missing, but would hit a 35 if it doesn't miss. But if it does miss, it would drain 10 prayer points.

Guest Lue_Dogs

dodge/resistence. something to make 99 def alot better then it is, because rite now... def blows.

infact, why not just make this game like WOW's combat but leave it runescape-esq by leaving in the hybriding abilities. melee should have, a high damage class and an accuracy class. and then allow for hybriding by replacements of armor/weapons.

I personally think that would be awesome. Great offensive prayers, and in exchange you can't protect item (assuming these prayers work similar to modern/ancients/lunar magic). However, for that kind of power, there should be some larger downside than simply not being able to protect item; and I think it should be something like having a skull 24/7 when you're on shadows.

And to those prayers called "Flare" and "Ultima"... they should probably have more original names. :wink:

I want this to happen very badly.

That made me lol, not only because it's funny, but also because I thought the exact same thing when I read that. :XD:

bleh3.PNG

Resident Tip.it Cow. :^_^:

[blog] [twitter]

i think something to make defence better

or a new subcategory for ranged like mage has acients and lunars

or maybe new mage form

shadow or darkness or something like that

for pk'ing =)

Account created:2/01/'08 Months Played: 11!!

Check out my guide on getting 13m Exp!

siggycopyjj5ml0.jpg

115 CB | 99 Fletch | 99 cook | 99 Ranged | 99 Fm | 99 Fish | 1800+ Total

Dragon drops: 2 Meds ;; 1 Skirt ;; 2 Legs ;; 1 Shield

Chikens lay strong eggs when they think a day counts 28 hours...

summoning

summon different lvl monsters to fight with you. If u die, ur monsters die too. So lvl 3 with a fire giant e.g is still weak as a lvl 10 could kill lvl 3 really fast even tho the fire giant can own him in 2 hits.

I think a general eastern land skill should come out.

Just like you need agility to operate crystal stuff, so too would you need certain eastern skills to operate simple things from the Bo Staff, right up to the Katana, or plant rice, or make composite bows, or whatever you can dream up..

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

summoning

summon different lvl monsters to fight with you. If u die, ur monsters die too. So lvl 3 with a fire giant e.g is still weak as a lvl 10 could kill lvl 3 really fast even tho the fire giant can own him in 2 hits.

I agree summoning would be really awesome xD