Does RuneScape needs 1000+ lvl monsters?

the_murder21

Kalphite queen can be solo'd, all god wars bosses can be solod.

Jad has been done with flowers and even a rubber chicken:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1EpLely_Q

RuneScape seriously needs stronger monsters.

If a monster can be solo'd its weak, if u need at least 5 or 10 ppl to kill and then are struggling then the monster is strong but all monsters are weak and u can easily pray against em.

The+Murder21.png

Masters jadder The Murder21 Vids:

Jad + rubber chicken = fun

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kalphite queen can be solo'd, all god wars bosses can be solod.

Jad has been done with flowers and even a rubber chicken:

RuneScape seriously needs stronger monsters.

If a monster can be solo'd its weak, if u need at least 5 or 10 ppl to kill and then are struggling then the monster is strong but all monsters are weak and u can easily pray against em.

Unless gwb (god war bosses) have changed recently you are unable to solo them for any decent rate of return.

im sure jagex could make a monster that only a handful of people could beat. or circumstances are just that crazy or u need a team of 50....

id like to see wow style boss's, as in 20 or more people are uses frequently.

arent we getting a shared loot thing anyway? so... yea

No. Runescape is a game where death means something, in most other MMORPGs when you die there's hardly any penalty. Unless players get more hit points then we won't see extremely strong monsters for a while. There's also the fact that monsters can not have more than 255hp due to the way it's been assigned, the only way to get around this is with a KQ-esque boss.

Mith dragons and the GWD bosses are pretty "strong" and some of the toughest monsters in the game. As I said you won't be getting bosses much stronger than the GWD ones unless there's a change in the gameplay mechanics invovling player stats.

No. Runescape is a game where death means something, in most other MMORPGs when you die there's hardly any penalty. Unless players get more hit points then we won't see extremely strong monsters for a while. There's also the fact that monsters can not have more than 255hp due to the way it's been assigned, the only way to get around this is with a KQ-esque boss.

Mith dragons and the GWD bosses are pretty "strong" and some of the toughest monsters in the game. As I said you won't be getting bosses much stronger than the GWD ones unless there's a change in the gameplay mechanics invovling player stats.

hm, could be a minigame. well didnt we already get a minigame like i stated i wanted.. barb assault? damn. i had some hopes for something interesting

I disagree that RuneScape needs level - 1000 monsters. My only question would be, what the hell is the point of fighting something that strong?

The way I see it, RuneScape has plenty of boss monsters. Not all of them can be soloed by everyone (it took me LONG ENOUGH to get to Jad with decent equipment; like hell I'm going to take flowers there), and they offer the highest challenge we can get at our current skill levels. Think about it - at level 85 prayer, with Piety and Protect from Melee/Magic/Ranged, you're practically immune to most anything attacking you, and you're also "laying the Smackdown" on whatever you're attacking at the same time.

Sure, if a boss can be soloed that entirely cheapens his strength, but I'll tell you right now that I can't even solo the KBD. (And I have 95 Attack/Strength and 94 Defense.) It's a bit more of a challenge for myself to do something like that, since anything that could be fought in solo that's over level 250, I usually take at least a friend with me.

Besides, in roughly three weeks, that level - 1000 boss monster will become so easy to do with groups of five, then people will do it in groups of four, three, two, and finally solo it. There's always that will to do everything on your own, and believe you me there will be a way to find it out in the end.

(By the way, I'd sure like to know how you can solo Commander Zilyana OR Kree'arra...)

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I disagree that RuneScape needs level - 1000 monsters. My only question would be, what the hell is the point of fighting something that strong?

The way I see it, RuneScape has plenty of boss monsters. Not all of them can be soloed by everyone (it took me LONG ENOUGH to get to Jad with decent equipment; like hell I'm going to take flowers there), and they offer the highest challenge we can get at our current skill levels. Think about it - at level 85 prayer, with Piety and Protect from Melee/Magic/Ranged, you're practically immune to most anything attacking you, and you're also "laying the Smackdown" on whatever you're attacking at the same time.

Sure, if a boss can be soloed that entirely cheapens his strength, but I'll tell you right now that I can't even solo the KBD. (And I have 95 Attack/Strength and 94 Defense.) It's a bit more of a challenge for myself to do something like that, since anything that could be fought in solo that's over level 250, I usually take at least a friend with me.

Besides, in roughly three weeks, that level - 1000 boss monster will become so easy to do with groups of five, then people will do it in groups of four, three, two, and finally solo it. There's always that will to do everything on your own, and believe you me there will be a way to find it out in the end.

(By the way, I'd sure like to know how you can solo Commander Zilyana OR Kree'arra...)

u can solo commander zilyana with mage prot en full verac

en kree'arra with karil, rune c bow, drag bolts, d arrows en dark bow

The+Murder21.png

Figures. The only problem is that after one or two fights with the bosses your resources would be completely exhausted. No point in going for only three minutes to a boss that takes eight minutes to get to and not getting anything; much easier in my opinion to just do it in a team.

By the by, dragon bolts don't work on the bosses...and it'd take a miracle for you to get me to take my Dark Bow down there at that thing's fire-rate.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Figures. The only problem is that after one or two fights with the bosses your resources would be completely exhausted. No point in going for only three minutes to a boss that takes eight minutes to get to and not getting anything; much easier in my opinion to just do it in a team.

By the by, dragon bolts don't work on the bosses...and it'd take a miracle for you to get me to take my Dark Bow down there at that thing's fire-rate.

Yes they work, only the enchantment rarely work, never said u to take it there

The+Murder21.png

A level 1000 monster than can hit 99 but only in melee is not hard. It's not the level that matters, it's what the monster can do that matters.

Also, just because it's physically possible to beat jad with flowers doesn't mean that he's weak. That's just one exceptionally good player. Besides, people still have some difficulty bringing down jad. If a monster like him was in a non-safe environment, he would be very VERY risky to kill.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

No. Runescape is a game where death means something, in most other MMORPGs when you die there's hardly any penalty.

Did you even play other mmorpgs? Deaths do mean something. Usually, when you die you lose exp. When you are a high level, dieing once often means losing hours of exp.

2480+ total

maybe a monster you need a team of 3 to get into but you keep 5 items when you die not 3...

drops something good and can 1 hit any player can hit through prayer half the damage like 45 if they were going to hit a 90

StarViv.png

I dont see the necessity of putting a giant monster in rs right now, of course I woulndt be able to deal with it anyway, but lately the updates have been all about putting new giants in the game. Take godwars, Mith dragons, the new quests, etc.

I dont think anyone would be very impressed with the appearance of a new super enemy. Not as things are now.

If they pulled something like this, they should wait a few months at least to make it a special update.

Right now another mega guy would just be another routine waiting to be mastered among the others.

Drokles.gif

Drokles.png

I'll get there!

... eventually

Haha, the 'kuikentjes' were funny :D

Nice going on the Jad :o

And yes, Jagex should make better monsters, these will drop better equipment, meaning in time, you'll be able to solo them again, and then even stronger monsters come.

But yes, stronger monsters as the KQ once was should come back.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

No. Runescape is a game where death means something, in most other MMORPGs when you die there's hardly any penalty.

Did you even play other mmorpgs? Deaths do mean something. Usually, when you die you lose exp. When you are a high level, dieing once often means losing hours of exp.

Are you serious? Unless by hours you mean 50 hours I'm not impressed, you're talking to Runescapers, losing 3 hours worth of COMBAT XP is absolutely nothing.

As for the monster thing no need for a lvl 1000, how about a lvl 400 that can triple pray (but the prayer works like PVP prayer-does not completely nullify the attack)can attack with mage/range/melee, can teleport you, has a chance of degrading your armour/weapon (new idea i just had-makes the weapon/armour half as useful- it would obviously need to be fixable for a cost or w/e) and also can heal itself for 20-50 damage every minute. That would be a mean boss.

no matter what my first post says, i dont think it will happen anytime soon, the monster would need whole new areas and everything, it would overload java if it happened at once they would need to update it piece by piece

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

We need a monster that goes through prayer, drains prayer, goes through armour, and hits up to 85s, on multiple opponents.

Could turn food into rotten food, after an attack, regains hp, has 3 lives, and could possibly take 5 trips to kill it.

Reward?

That you killed it.

That's what most of us want to see, we really don't care about the drop, we want something we can't kill, to test our limits. If no one could kill it in one trip, there would be competitions to kill it in multiple trips, who could kill it in the least amount of trips?

And finally the person who comes the closest to soloing the beast would get a lot of fame, which a lot of people would chase after.

Luck, and skill would be the only things that matter if a monster like that was implemented. ^_^