A F2P Merchant's Dream, Accomplished! Bought PHAT!

Summary:

I am a F2P merchant. My runescape name is Sina J. Never member before. I started the game around 4 years ago, in 2003. I am currently 15 years ago, in grade 10, and live in Canada.

As many of you know, I was hacked on January 5, 2007 out of a Green Party Hat, Purple Party Hat, Santa Hat, 56.4M cash, and a Christmas Cracker. What a nice way to start the new year eh?

So I quit and returned on July 25, 2007 with tons of junk in my bank and 6k Law Runes. I sold all the law runes and obtained 2M. This is where I decided it's time to stop crying, and to earn another phat.

I may have been back for 3+ months, but I haven't been on in a while in between and I was woodcutting for a bit.

I merchanted for a total of 75 (seventy five) days since my return.

Losses since my return:

1000 Death Runes -Sold 2k deaths by accident instead of 1k for 300k cash

Full Wizard (G) -Was watching a 2 minute YouTube video and tree spirit owned me.

After all the hard times, I managed to merchant enough for a party hat. Yes it's true, yesterday, I was like 25M away. But because of the new update, the rare market crashed and I took advantage of it.

I've met almost every type of person while going up the mountain to get a phat. Noobs, experts, rude people, kind people, merchants, stakers, lvl 126's, lvl 3's, everything you can thing of!

And today, I finally hit the top of the mountain after 75 days of merchanting from 2M!!!!

~Buying the phat~

yellowphat1ni2.png

~Wearing the phat~

wearphat1tc0.png

~Stats~

november20it0.png

~Bank~

november20fm2.png

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet thought it was like 200m

Congrats, no dought 10/10

It was yesterday, like I said, rares crashed because of Dueling Update.

I was just lucky that while merchanting rares, I decided for the first time to log out with pure cash instead of rares. 8-)

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

=D> =D> =D>

Great work!, i am planning to get a rare my self, after the Grand Exchange kills merchanting=)(jk)

Awesome achievement!!! and while f2p? your nuts man, a inspiration to all f2p merchants everywhere.! :D Kudos

i love it when teachers say" go ahead, ask away there are no stupid questions."

i raise my hand and ask" can u pull down your pants? like right now?"

wildysigwithtxt1hy6.gif

I am impressed as usual by your money making skills. =D>

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

ill never get a phat, could of gotten a purple if i have done three of these things.

-sell my entire bank

-pretend sick to skip school

-wait for the update to come out

really, what kind of no-lifer would do that. :| i envy you.

ill never get a phat, could of gotten a purple if i have done three of these things.

-sell my entire bank

Erm. I don't like combat much, so I don't have any combat armour. I was lvl 87 for like 2 years. I have 50 dhide sets for ranging and 50 mage sets for mage? I have enough runes, food, and resources to survive my needs? I don't see an empty bank do you? I've had perfect attendance for like ever. Even when I'm actually sick I don't skip school. Also I'm an honours (80+ average) student. Actually the dueling update caught me by surprise, and the sudden price drop of rares was even more of a surprise. I fluked out with ending the day with cash.

Hey, nice theory though.

sina_j.png

GF Abyssal :wink:

Awesome job Vapour <3:

Going to keep merching all the way back to where you were? <3:

Thanks. <3

I hope I don't spend the time to get back to where I was, that would take years. 8-)

I'm going to pause merchanting for a bit and skill for some cash.

Jagex updates are killing the markets and the ways people get money.

This phat is pretty much a fluke (Well, my instinct to refrain from merchanting yesterday once I logged into World 1 helped - it would have made me end the day with rares instead of pure cash) . I just looked on forums like 2 minutes ago people offering to buy yellow for 170-175M cash with no sellers.

I'm going to stick with this phat, try and raise some skills for now. 8-)

sina_j.png

I love you! :shock:

p hat pwnage!

f2p pwnage!

10/10 no doubt, you pwn members! :oops:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Omfg I didnt even know they all dropped THAT LOW earlier today. Man O man I mighta gotten a free hat upgrade myself If i had been on then lmfao.

Dude just an amazing job on that hat. and the price in which you bought it for and the timing and everything.

Just amazing.

Especially since you bought it from dav is here2, that guy was an annoying merch when I was trying to buy my hat, and always on the forums and in world 2 whenever I think about selling.

Im gonna try readding him, or just dropping by his clan chat from time to time now, just to see if I can catch him just long enough to tell him I bet he was real upset about doing this trade.

Dang mate, congrats, good luck owning that nubby merchant, (and yes even though I dont like merchants, your prolly one of the few ill tolerate. I mean who can merchant and do good with it in f2p.)

<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:<3:

Drum

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Very nice 10/10

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

-sell my entire bank

Erm. I don't like combat much, so I don't have any combat armour. I was lvl 87 for like 2 years. I have 50 dhide sets for ranging and 50 mage sets for mage? I have enough runes, food, and resources to survive my needs? I don't see an empty bank do you? I've had perfect attendance for like ever. Even when I'm actually sick I don't skip school. Also I'm an honours (80+ average) student. Actually the dueling update caught me by surprise, and the sudden price drop of rares was even more of a surprise. I fluked out with ending the day with cash.

Hey, nice theory though.

I think Abyssal was just saying he would have had to do those things to get a p-hat, he wasn't hurling insults at you. :wink:

That is an awesome achievement, even more so as you are F2P and got hacked for a lot of money. It is great to see people getting back onto their feet. ::'

omg im so jealous -.-

u get a phat now i lost like 20m on my mask set and in the top of it a i got lured and lost my green mask ...

ah jeez life is no un-fair :boohoo:

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

ignafel.png

Proud owner of these capes + quest cape

99 cooking achieved 26/06/06

99 fletch achieved 22/07/08

99 firemaking achieved 22/07/08

99 magic achieved 25/12/08

99 crafting achieved 25/12/08

99 attack achieved 25/12/08

99 strenght achieved 01/03/09