Tip.it Times 3 January 2010

Mirror

No DYK post this week? :shame:

The first article was an ok read but I didn't really get the message/point that the 2nd article was trying to convey.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

I really enjoyed the first article. :thumbup:

It took me literally ages before I discovered that there was an official Roleplaying world, and the ONE time I visited it... no one was roleplaying.

I'd be curious to see what Jagex could do to make it more roleplayer friendly - after all, they released some pretty nifty stuff for clans, so why not for rpers?

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

I think that a big problem with roleplaying in Runescape is the fact that everyone is the same. Everyone is human and there aren't any real classes as pointed out by the article.

The only time I've seen roleplaying in Runescape is when people express their in-game beliefs. I always say 'hail Zaros' for instance :P

priest_wiz.png

It's a little late for a class system. Although Jagex could do some class work, along with fixing the combat triangle some, there is only so much one can do with a "class system" in a game where a person can max out each and every single skill and "class." I think the first steps though, would be changing the combat triangle some.

Also, I think that any lack of role-playing is probably due more to the players then Runescape. People seem more interested in skills and armour then in anything else.

Fictional looks pretty cool :)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I quite enjoy role playing myself and DM (Dungeon Master) a game of D&D every week. Roleplaying is great, but its very hard to accomplish without hearing someone's voice. Then you can show emotion in what you're saying. I think the main impediment to roleplaying in Runescape is the text based chat system. Its hard to feel ones zeal and fervour when all you see is a yellow "hail Zaros" above their heads. It would be much easier to take them seriously if you could hear the emotion in their voice.

As for the addiction article, I think you're right. But I'm still hooked...

The fiction article this week was very good. One of the better fictions I've read in a while.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Great articles this week!

I loved the article on roleplaying in RS. I have always thought that there needed to be a F2P designated RPing server. This has (along with something else I don't remember) encouraged me to start DMing again... It'll be a bit though.

I think I'll write up something about ways to increase rping... for suggestions. :thumbsup:

About RS being recession-proof, that was interesting. It makes sense that people would take on 'cheaper' entertainment (rather than go on cruises) when they don't have money, and a computer is something most people already have.

Zonorhc's fiction was awesome. Looking forward to the next part.

First one had an interesting premise, but I lost sight of what it was trying to prove; loved the second article, I think it raises and interesting point that some people play the game to relieve stress and stress increases in a recession.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I just noticed a paragraph was missing from my article, it's been added now.

I built my character around role playing when I first made it. I realized that there was no one really roleplaying when I was around level 20. :( 3 years later I saw the RP server and logged on to it, and was sad to see that no one was roleplaying.

Prism_Swords.png

I don't doubt the numbers the author of the recession article claims, but put some numbers down and source them, for god's sake so we can make sure you aren't lying.

NotoriousPSC.png

"I am interested in anything about revolt, disorder, chaos-especially activity that seems to have no meaning"- Jim Morrison

In my opinion, Runescape doesn't lend itself to role-playing. I don't even call it a role playing game. If you do the quests, at least, you can't really play your character as anything but a generic "walk to the right and kill the bad guys" kind of game.

For one thing, you can not access the abyss unless you help out a Zamorak mage. No problem, unless you didn't want to play a character who agrees with Zammy's beliefs, teachings and/or alignment (For those who know what Alignment is in this context). When I started that quest, my character was wearing Saradomin armour and carrying a Sara holy book. If I wanted to unlock a very important pert of the game, I had to swallow my character's beliefs and morals and help his sworn enemy. No character of mine in any role playing game would have just cheerfully tossed his morals to the wind and trotted off to obediently work for his enemy.

As far as a lack of races and classes, it really shouldn't destroy the roleplaying atmosphere in a game. There are the various skills you can specialize in, and these can define your character as easily as "Warrior" "Thief" or "Mage" can. For example, despite my character's level of 71 in magic, I consider him inept as a spellcaster. He uses teleports and that's about all. I've never played the mage minigames, and have no real intention to do so. The only time I train magic is when I discover I need a level for a quest, want to get to a new teleport spell or something like that. I only went into the mage arena place in Al Kharid to unlock the song tracks. (I got my Air Guitar emote that day) There is the thieving skill, there's a thief character for you, range makes a ranger, right? My character is a fisherman who bolts on the heavy armour to slog into combat when he must. I see him as sort of like myself, served in the military but didn't make a life of it, then went back to his old life. Sure, I'd rather play a dwarf. (5% of my ADVANCED Dungeons and Dragons {I am from the school that burned down before the old school was built. I played since 1st ed and when I got the name "Gamer" the word did not apply to video or computer games at all.} characters were not dwarves. Everyone always expected me to be a dwarf fighter/cleric. I nearly always was!) Who wouldn't rather play a completely different type of person once in a while? I always liked getting into the role of a person who was utterly not human. I used to love coming up with little pointless differences that made my characters different from humans. I had one race that would get totally drunk, fast and easily, from drinking sea water. That's not something people can do!! I can not do any of that on Runescape.

I think the single biggest thing that precludes roleplaying on Runescape is the fact that it's never been important. it will be pretty much impossible to really get roleplaying going now when pretty much all the players discuss xp, levels and skills by the skill name (What's your level in WC?" "75"" instead of "How goes the quest for lumber?" "Well, I am ready to begin cutting the enchanted trees, I believe I understand the tree well enough to keep from ruining the wood.") To really roleplay, you have to be able to talk like your character. "You fool, no novice warrior can hope to understand how to use adamant armour as well as he can use steel! The metals have different limits and strengths!!" instead of "You're not high enough def lvl to use that armour yet." People would have to learn to type in one manner to express their character's thoughts and a different way to express their own. I type in parentheses to show when I am out of character.

To get roleplaying really going, to really allow us to get into character, I think we'd need some entirely new worlds with little disclaimers that the world is for roleplaying and therefore conversations would not be the standard fare. We would need people to teach new players how to not talk like a modern person sitting at a computer. We'd probably be best off with worlds that were not even accessed through the same log-in area. I mean, aren't roleplayers almost always a breed apart anyway? Given the choice, I'd be happy to go to a different log-in page to get into Runescape to be able to play my character the way I want to play him. Unfortunately, as long as the game is being geared to younger and younger players, I doubt that anything as complex as roleplaying will come about.

This might be one of the least interesting signatures on the forum. Sorry.

Regarding Is RuneScape Recession Proof? Let's take the end piece of the article.

"If what I've researched is correct, a resolution would be to break your addiction, and get more done.

Of course, not if you plan on going into video game design. If people are really addicted as it seems, the industry should continue to grow as the tobacco industry has."

I'm changing this line, I may have been a bit rash, but, for those who take this as meaning that playing games more makes you better at game design, read on.

To get into game design, there are a multitude of factors. Hell, you can even get a job just designing buildings for games. For example, GTA:SA, I know for a fact that they had people solely focused on designing buildings. Rather than look at other games, having an "addiction" to them, if I may use the term. It would actually be more beneficial to actually look at what game design entails. Most people think it is as simple as coming up with a game, working on parts of it, then it's done.

I'm a college student in Scotland, doing a media course (which involves Video Games), and during my interview for it, months ago, I learned a few things, namely that game design is not as clear cut as it seems. I was told that I'd be best to find an area to focus in, and work on it.

Frankly, in a lot of games, inspiration seems to come more from mythology, history and real life. Not other games. Again, GTA:SA, notice two of the bridges that connect the 2nd and 3rd Island? Forth Road and Rail Bridges.

So, my advice? Look into history, mythology and real life if you wish to pursue a career in game design, choose an area to focus on, practice at it, and do it. Don't just play games and hope you'll become a video game designer. It's not that simple.

Of course, for flash games, which I doubt will be a suitable career, the pay would suck, feel free to play as many games as you want, and take inspiration from there. Most flash games are simple, and not that long.

BUT if you wish for a career in game design, don't think that playing games is the way to approach it. IT IS NOT THE WAY!

EDIT: Ugh.. I have realised I may have read the article wrong, and those two lines aren't supposed to be linked directly, and I've made some edits, but I'll leave the majority here for those who believe playing games more makes it easier to get a career in game design.

I apologise for my statements before regarding the article, I am feeling rather distracted and tired. Deathmath, if you see this, could you please either post what you meant, or PM it to me to clear this up.

Edited by Sworddude198

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Normal Worlds-Little to no roleplaying

Roleplay world-Little to no roleplaying

This may be a hasty and premature statement, but I am underwhelmed at the lack of Rp. At the risk of sounding extreme, this is one of the reasons I left behind Runescape and I might become a member again if this changes significantly.

[spoiler=Very long argument about role-playing]

In my opinion, Runescape doesn't lend itself to role-playing. I don't even call it a role playing game. If you do the quests, at least, you can't really play your character as anything but a generic "walk to the right and kill the bad guys" kind of game.

For one thing, you can not access the abyss unless you help out a Zamorak mage. No problem, unless you didn't want to play a character who agrees with Zammy's beliefs, teachings and/or alignment (For those who know what Alignment is in this context). When I started that quest, my character was wearing Saradomin armour and carrying a Sara holy book. If I wanted to unlock a very important pert of the game, I had to swallow my character's beliefs and morals and help his sworn enemy. No character of mine in any role playing game would have just cheerfully tossed his morals to the wind and trotted off to obediently work for his enemy.

As far as a lack of races and classes, it really shouldn't destroy the roleplaying atmosphere in a game. There are the various skills you can specialize in, and these can define your character as easily as "Warrior" "Thief" or "Mage" can. For example, despite my character's level of 71 in magic, I consider him inept as a spellcaster. He uses teleports and that's about all. I've never played the mage minigames, and have no real intention to do so. The only time I train magic is when I discover I need a level for a quest, want to get to a new teleport spell or something like that. I only went into the mage arena place in Al Kharid to unlock the song tracks. (I got my Air Guitar emote that day) There is the thieving skill, there's a thief character for you, range makes a ranger, right? My character is a fisherman who bolts on the heavy armour to slog into combat when he must. I see him as sort of like myself, served in the military but didn't make a life of it, then went back to his old life. Sure, I'd rather play a dwarf. (5% of my ADVANCED Dungeons and Dragons {I am from the school that burned down before the old school was built. I played since 1st ed and when I got the name "Gamer" the word did not apply to video or computer games at all.} characters were not dwarves. Everyone always expected me to be a dwarf fighter/cleric. I nearly always was!) Who wouldn't rather play a completely different type of person once in a while? I always liked getting into the role of a person who was utterly not human. I used to love coming up with little pointless differences that made my characters different from humans. I had one race that would get totally drunk, fast and easily, from drinking sea water. That's not something people can do!! I can not do any of that on Runescape.

I think the single biggest thing that precludes roleplaying on Runescape is the fact that it's never been important. it will be pretty much impossible to really get roleplaying going now when pretty much all the players discuss xp, levels and skills by the skill name (What's your level in WC?" "75"" instead of "How goes the quest for lumber?" "Well, I am ready to begin cutting the enchanted trees, I believe I understand the tree well enough to keep from ruining the wood.") To really roleplay, you have to be able to talk like your character. "You fool, no novice warrior can hope to understand how to use adamant armour as well as he can use steel! The metals have different limits and strengths!!" instead of "You're not high enough def lvl to use that armour yet." People would have to learn to type in one manner to express their character's thoughts and a different way to express their own. I type in parentheses to show when I am out of character.

To get roleplaying really going, to really allow us to get into character, I think we'd need some entirely new worlds with little disclaimers that the world is for roleplaying and therefore conversations would not be the standard fare. We would need people to teach new players how to not talk like a modern person sitting at a computer. We'd probably be best off with worlds that were not even accessed through the same log-in area. I mean, aren't roleplayers almost always a breed apart anyway? Given the choice, I'd be happy to go to a different log-in page to get into Runescape to be able to play my character the way I want to play him. Unfortunately, as long as the game is being geared to younger and younger players, I doubt that anything as complex as roleplaying will come about.

Indeed :blink:

2 things that your post brought up

1. I think that the fact that every character can train every skill inhibits the role-playing aspect, at least as you see it. There is no "thief", "mage", or "fisher" characters because those are all parts of every characters skill sets (Not considering pures since those are only for pvping). Personally I act differently that myself when I play, but I don't necessarily buy into the whole medieval England, Tolkien-esqe language that seems to drown out all fantasy RPGs.

2. The problem that arises with the whole alignment issue is the fact that there is limited content, and to unlock all possible training methods/skills/spellbooks/prayers/etc. you need to align yourself to many different factions (Though it seems overall you lean towards Guthixian or Zarosian). With D&D that isn't a problem because you can create your own adventures and plot, and in other MMO's with classes and different alignments, like World of Warcraft with its Alliance and Horde, whole continents are created with just that alignment in mind.

Nice post though, it was a fun read :thumbup: .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

[spoiler=Very long argument about role-playing]

[hide]

Indeed :blink:

2 things that your post brought up

1. I think that the fact that every character can train every skill inhibits the role-playing aspect, at least as you see it. There is no "thief", "mage", or "fisher" characters because those are all parts of every characters skill sets (Not considering pures since those are only for pvping). Personally I act differently that myself when I play, but I don't necessarily buy into the whole medieval England, Tolkien-esqe language that seems to drown out all fantasy RPGs.

2. The problem that arises with the whole alignment issue is the fact that there is limited content, and to unlock all possible training methods/skills/spellbooks/prayers/etc. you need to align yourself to many different factions (Though it seems overall you lean towards Guthixian or Zarosian). With D&D that isn't a problem because you can create your own adventures and plot, and in other MMO's with classes and different alignments, like World of Warcraft with its Alliance and Horde, whole continents are created with just that alignment in mind.

Nice post though, it was a fun read :thumbup: .

[/hide]

Okay so you both have alot of valid points, but there are things you understand wrong. first: yes there are types of characters, and its even better as you can change your type whenever you want (For example : I'm a battlemage now, but I was a thief some time ago(like a year or so)). The abyss argument is invalid because the abyss is a place FOR zamorakians, made accecible BY zamorakians, if you don't have the cunningness or will (or just simply cant bypass your principles) then don't do it, I myself, was interested in discovering another entry point to the lost city of Zanaris, as I was a well known thief and couldn't just barge in into the enchanted city. Nowadays I am unsure of what god I worship, I'm stranded between mighty Zaros and Seren, so I don't use the abyss anymore.

And anyways, who said that you can't create your own adventures and alignment? Well, it's pretty bad then, if you can't because I haven't been having any troubles.

Just roleplaying in the server made me meet some great people, who helped in my quest for helping an Asgarnian family, ive also met some great politicians, with whom i discussed the policy of King Roald and the Misthalinian allies.

You just got to keep Roleplaying, you see, theres alot of bashing, being called anoob and such, but by enduring it and continuing my quest i met some nice people along the road.

And you have a very nice point about the "XP talk" coffeesloth, But i advise you to not give up against the Mentally diseased (they obviously share the same mental disease with the bartender of Blue moon Inn, cause they all think life is "a game in some (magical??) box" )

Oh, and I propose to create a Tip.it Roleplaying league, or something like that.

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Regarding the second article... it doesn't have to be about addiction - there is a thing called the "lipstick effect". People buy themselves small treats to make themselves feel better when they can't afford other stuff that they want. Perhaps RS membership is one of those small treats.

devorguilla.png

i was sad about no DYK

~~~legoman187~~~

The omission hurt me on a personal level.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

That's because everybody knows everything.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

This is in response to the article on roleplaying.

I agree that there is not nearly enough roleplaying in Runescape. But that is really just the way the game's designed, if you align yourself to, say, Zamorak, you're going to have a hell of a time roleplaying during quests like, I don't know, the entire Myreque series? I'm lucky in that sense, I prefer to consider myself a Guthixian - look at my name! Therefore, I can roleplay during quests easily, but others have explained this already,

Then add the fact that you just plain can't have a "class" that is displayed to all the world. Then again, if you call yourself Thieving Master there's no doubt, but still. You can train one skill and yet consider yourself inept at it and consider yourself extremely skillful on another skill with a quarter of the exp.

The roleplaying servers were an EPIC Fail. I don't normally go against Jagex, because I see sense in many updates that make others furious. but they were probably bored beyond belief when making them. Honestly, roleplaying servers? They have nothing that differentiates them from normal servers, so why should people RP on them.

Conclusion: RS will never have a large roleplaying community unless Jagex changes everything that makes Runescape Runescape.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~