Tip.It Times: 29 Mar 2009

n_odie

Enjoyed all 3, but the did you know was kind of obvious.

We could always use some suggested ones. Anyone can feel free to pm me a DYK if they find one people may like. :D

And glad you enjoyed. :thumbup:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

actually ermin, I'll take the heat for that one. smellysocks and several other users got all of the xp data together for the evil tree, but we only got it into the guide recently and I wanted an excuse to point people at it. Sue me. :)

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Awesome articles! I especially liked the skilling ease one although I will have to say that I am on the fence about these types of updates. I like the fact that they are taking out alot of clicking and me being a classic player I really do appreciate that but I don't want to make something like String x or whatever faster then clicking. That is where they will make the game necessarily easy. Just my 2 cents lol.

Sublexation.gif 203934109074superballpwnage.gif

First artciel was very good and has to be the only good article I have seen in a very long time. Most just have bad topics all are well written though.

As for what makes a skill easy is whether or not it's different and enjoyable. Slayer for example is different almost everytime and is great for combat lovers. Mining however is the same thing over and over and over again making it appeal to a lesser crowd.

I didn't bother to read the 2nd one as the fictional articles I don't like but the 3rd one was interesting and I enjoyed reading it.

As for the tip of the week I felt like it was so obvious.....higher leveled things=more XP. First tip that has let me down.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Great cooking article.

Mmmmmm apple pie...

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I actually thought my article wasn't that good, I sort of changed subject slightly in the second half of it, hell I almost scrapped the article so I'm surprised to see it get praised so much.

Thanks <3:

If it makes you feel better, I think your article sucked o.O

KIDDING

Good article, a nice reminder that Jagex is making life easier and not to complain too much. Would've been interesting if you added in things like Soul Wars or Pest Control to it, or perhaps Stealing Creation?

And yeah, the Did You Know seemed a bit obvious :P

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Very good job guys. I enjoyed the cooking article immensely.

The times just gets better and better :thumbsup:

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Well, I read the new article and I guess it kinda shed some light. I always felt bad for the people who went through all the work just to find out if they had put it off for a week that it could have taken half the effort but I guess its the risk you take in playing such an often updated game. Certainly beneficial to all the people who decide to train after such an update, that's for sure!

But I definitely enjoyed the article about RS recipes. I lol'd a little when I read it because it sounds like you went about it in a slightly more sane way than me and my best amiga did. . .

She has always had a weird thing for gnome cuisine while I have always had a thing for mixing cocktails so we hit up our parents for some spending money and ended up with a mess.

She ended up with some really non appetizing pot pie like thing for a batta (she used gummy worms for king worms 0-o)

and my sad attempt for a non alcoholic Drunk dragon tasted terrible (warmed up soda = bad idea ). But its those silly memories that leave ya laughing years later.

Blue%20harpy.png

Epic signature goes here. . . eventually > >

Skilling Ease was an interesting article. It had a large historical aspect to it, which seemed out of place because the first paragraph introduces you to the latest update on the prayer skill, a current event, and then at the end of the article it jumps off the history lesson and delves into a question concerning current day skills and training. Hmm... :|

The author said:

The majority of these updates have actually slowed the skills down and simply reduced the amount of clicking required to level. Does this make the skills easier? In my opinion, no. Sure, it takes less effort to get, but that doesnt make it easy.

The author argues that though it takes more time and a considerably less amount of clicking that doesn't make a skill "easy".

This doesn't make much sense, as most people consider the "ease" of a skill depends on the amount of clicking it takes and then they directly relate that to the amount of time it takes to gain experience. Most people generally would rather spend an hour or two more checking the forums, listening to music, ect than they would spending an hour or two less and having to manually click every item at a time to gain experience quicker (rather than using the handy "do-X" option as the person spending the extra hour would be doing).

The less effort it takes, the easier it is. Simple logic. The tiresome manual clicking on each item to do it "faster" rather than using the X-option doesn't make it easier.

He also asks the question...

Which brings up the question: what makes a skill easy? The time it takes to level? The amount of money required to level? How useful the skill is?

The first 2 - yes in some skills, the last one - no.

The painful, tiresome, boring clicking after clicking to train is what makes training "hard" and the less of that clicking you have to do, the easier the skill is. Do you have to click a lot and run far distances in order to gain xp efficiently? Do you have to click on the same spot over and over to get the item you want the fastest? The biggest question is really...do you have to keep your eyes on the screen and keep clicking almost continually in order to train the fastest?

Time doesn't matter nearly as much as the amount of clicking you have to do.

The article also argues to much from the author's opinion and there isn't enough solid facts provided to support his article.

Overall, it was an 'intersting' article. ::'

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Well, I read the new article and I guess it kinda shed some light. I always felt bad for the people who went through all the work just to find out if they had put it off for a week that it could have taken half the effort but I guess its the risk you take in playing such an often updated game. Certainly beneficial to all the people who decide to train after such an update, that's for sure!

But I definitely enjoyed the article about RS recipes. I lol'd a little when I read it because it sounds like you went about it in a slightly more sane way than me and my best amiga did. . .

She has always had a weird thing for gnome cuisine while I have always had a thing for mixing cocktails so we hit up our parents for some spending money and ended up with a mess.

She ended up with some really non appetizing pot pie like thing for a batta (she used gummy worms for king worms 0-o)

and my sad attempt for a non alcoholic Drunk dragon tasted terrible (warmed up soda = bad idea ). But its those silly memories that leave ya laughing years later.

I'd be interested in consuming some good tasting mock-gnome cuisine if someone could come up with good recipes lol.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Hehe... Next thing you know, there will be a YouTube channel called "Cooking RuneScape Foods" or something like that.

actually ermin, I'll take the heat for that one. smellysocks and several other users got all of the xp data together for the evil tree, but we only got it into the guide recently and I wanted an excuse to point people at it. Sue me. :)

*Sues*

I liked the articles, quality as always.

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

well i can tell u i would take the longer training time over the real PAIN that was involved in training prayer.ok so it much slow but u would have to take 1/2 hour off to put ya mouse hand in ice \' .overall i'm all for the 'x' options cos i play this game for fun not hand cramp.over all though it was an intresting article and i did no all the stuff about classic(must have been a pain).

didn't read the fition article but like the ckrin article i always wondered what shark tasted like.ansd i'd be up to try a gnome recipe or 2.mmmm toad leg tangle sound nice i think i might be off to the local park to kill kermit :lol:

scarherring.png

scarherringy.png

Global warming all part of my plan.Burn the oil foolish humans!The world will flood and once more the fish will rule!MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The article also argues to much from the author's opinion and there isn't enough solid facts provided to support his article.

Overall, it was an 'intersting' article. ::'

You really tired to hard....

Both the points you argued make sense. Fletching for example was simplified with "String X". However, overall xp was must faster before the update as it was as fast as one could move their hand.

It is an Editorial: "an article in a newspaper or other periodical presenting the opinion of the publisher, editor, or editors."

The editor in this case did a fine job.

8-)

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I suppose I could do a gnome cuisine version of this article down the line. Some non-alcoholic cocktails, crunchies and battas shouldn't be a problem. Can't promise I'll include the toad leg and worm varieties though.