Tip.it Times Presents: Jagex, I want a GOOD update!

MPM

In case you didn't see it on the main page, this week's Tip.it Times article is released.

This is month two of our Editorial panel, and we start off with a nice, long article by Armadyllo, Jagex, I want a GOOD update!

Also this month, The Editor has decided to take a small vacation. We're having nothing but Panel articles and letters. Hope you enjoy!

~M

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moral of the story, can't please everyone, can only try to please a majority of the players.

Hopfully with the new updates, I'm in that majority :)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

great article. it's been a while since they've been this good. I miss the articles from the editor every week. :(

Anyways, i like how this one will finally explain to a lot of people what i thought of the RWT updates: Jagex is just doing it for the good of Runescape. As a shark fisher, I knew what the bots and RWT's were doing to RS, as the price of sharks fell ALOT when the mass invasion of bots occurred. So, I'm glad that now it's going to be really hard/impossible to make real money this way off of Runescape.

Oh yeah, and once again, Great Article.

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

People with existing 99s need to lighten up. The game shouldn't cater to the specific people who think making millions of bows is fun.

Because you know what? It isn't. At all.

Another good read ::'

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Good article, but the "Did you know" wasn't all that interesting.

i did't know it, so i though it was good :lol:

on topic:

very good read. one of the best thing about tip.it is the articles ::'

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Good read...I realized while reading it something..

people got upset about the X-ALL option because they spent all that time clicking away to get to 99....how bout the poeple who may have gotten 99 in mining when there was still fatigue (and you needed a sleeping bag)..now that took perseverence...

But hey...I've never really disliked any of the updates so far...maybe cause I've never been a pker or a merchanter.....I'm personally happy that Runescape put in harsh measures to get rid of the RWTraders and bots. I remember beign quite upset about the shark price falling right when I had finally leveled high enough to catch them. I remember thinking...dang..i just wasted how long for this!?

Anyways, I thought the Did ya know thing was interesting too....lol

"it's frustrating when you know all the answers, but no one bothers to ask you the questions"

lostdreamer3.png

A good, well-thoughtout article. but you still didn't tell us what a good update is!

I believe a good update is one that balances things. Skills need to be compared to others. Not other methods of training that skill. I mean, if a new update came out that had herblore xp rewards, and was a great free method of training herblore, I'd consider it a good update!

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

i really loved the 'Kill RWT' update!!!!

i trained weeks to get my woodcutting up to 60 so i could cut yews and then sell them for good money, then to get the disappointment of my life when i went to the yews and saw an entire army of bots running around the trees.

then, when i finally got a full inventory of yews, found out that yews weren't that good moneymakers after all

SCREW ALL BOTS AND AUTO-ERS!!!!!!!!!!!

still have to think up a nice signature

lol

i trained weeks to get my woodcutting up to 60 so i could cut yews and then sell them for good money, then to get the disappointment of my life when i went to the yews and saw an entire army of bots running around the trees.

then, when i finally got a full inventory of yews, found out that yews weren't that good moneymakers after all

heres another tip.

Dark bows suck and bots will always exsist...

in fact..i saw on a site now that there accumulating the wealth on an account then selling the account.

*sigh* jagex, you screwed up :wall:

I may be weird, but I'm saving up to be eccentric!

We know it's impossible for a game to cater to everyone's tastes at once, and we've seen that Jagex isn't afraid to get flamed in their goal of protecting RuneScape's long-term survival.

In my opinion the best part of the article, and another great read.

Great article to start off the set for 2008, but the Did You Know's could use some work still. This one was better than last week, but I liked them better when they accually could be useful in the game, like in "All In A Day's Work" (Dec 1, 2006, which happens to be the first DYK) "Five Year Runescape Aniversary" (Which made me some money :) ), and most of the other ones from back then.

Oh and the main thing I thought was bad about the Wildy update was the Reverants. They are extremely overpowered. The Level 126 Warrior hits almost as hard as the Kalphite Queen, is poisonous, and can teleblock. The Level 30 Goblin Reverent can hit 15's. So basically, the wildy is impossible to stay in now, especially in the Agility Course, On the balance beam to get in, I lost all my health (72 hp) from the 126, because you can't even protect from him, cause he uses all forms of combat. I miss pkers, they only used one form of combat and gave up after a while :(

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.

If you try to fail, and then succeed, what have you done?

If someone who draws is an artist, and someone who plays piano is a pianist, what do you call someone who races?

Good article. Finally.

Indeed. Something which made me stay off my life duties for a good 20 mins.

To be honest, on that 'clicking' front, I never saw the justification in the argument anyway. How is adding such a feature as Cook X making the game easier? For something to be made easier, it must have some level of complexity and difficulty beforehand. Clicking until you contract CTS is hardly my idea of 'difficult' as opposed to dangerous.

Simple put, that update was more about making their product safe, and while that particular one was before my time, I've praised Jagex for similar updates to Smithing and Fletching.

A brilliant article that explores the true political complexity of a professional group. You'll never please everyone; just keep an eye on how big that minority that disagrees with you is, and listen to them. That's the key.

:-s Maybe I should submit an artical.

Please do. :thumbsup:

heres another tip.

Dark bows suck and bots will always exsist...

in fact..i saw on a site now that there accumulating the wealth on an account then selling the account.

*sigh* jagex, you screwed up :wall:

they didn't screw up, thats just what you think

a wonderful rea,d really expresses that issue of people saying we need a certain update, then when they get ti they flame it

Watch me on Youtube

Current Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts, Golden Sun

Future Let's Plays: Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, Golden Sun II: The Lost Age

Holier_Nx.png