Everything posted by Cheefoo
-
Friends list policies.
There is much drama to be had when it comes to the friends list. Should I add them? How should I decline? Should I delete them? First of all, is when you should add someone as a friend. Some people come up to me and buy something from me, sell something to me, or just ask a question. Right after that, they ask if I want to add them. Most of these friend hungry players seem to be people with bad senses of humor, yells, uses 1337, and have bad grammar. That seems to be why they want a friend so quickly, as they don't seem to be the likeable type. What should you do? If someone just asks me flat out like that, I usually decline. If you're the loud, obnoxious, in-your-face tween that everyone fears, I don't know if I want you messaging me constantly. I'd usually say something like "Sorry, my list is full...", as I don't want to say "No way, get away from me, weirdo!" Instead of lying, maybe I could take a more subtle approach. I don't know how I'd do it, be blunt, make up an excuse, or whatever. What would you do if you didn't want to add someone? However, if someone is very nice and calm, I may add them. I don't know the statute of limitations for adding friends, but one minute surely isn't enough. Even if someone politely asks a question or buys something from me, and asks to be my friend, I will probably decline. You really need to get to know someone first. After talking for a while, and if they seem nice, I will probably add them. I'm usually not the one to offer, but I will accept usually. The places you meet people the most, and start talking is Catherby and the yews near Seer's Village. Usually, those are the worst bunch of people, but you have to sit through listening their terrible jokes and quotes of internet memes. Rarely you find anyone nice there. I just avoid those places, or don't read the chat if I'm there. However, not all friendships are permanent. How would you go about deleting someone? If they are barely on, or never pm you, or even reply to a simple "Hello", I'll most likely delete them. Some of my friends just don't respond, so I delete them. Then later on, they might come back, and we'd be friends again. If someone's just being a plain jerk, of course I'd delete them, if not put them on my ignore list. Lastly are the people who won't take no for an answer... They don't take a hint when you say no to their offer to add you. They pm me over and over about nonsense and dumb questions. After a while, I just yell "I'm not your friend, just go away!" Then they say "Why don't you want to be my friend anymore?", so I reply, "I was never your friend!". They'll probably use crying emoticons and yelling "WAAH!" over and over as those annoying types usually do. At this point, I don't just delete them, I put them on my ignore. Some people just can't take a hint is all. So, here are the questions: -What type of person will you add? -How long will you need to talk to them before you add them? -What type of person would you decline a friendship with? -How would you break the news to them? -What would make you take someone off your friends list... -...or even add them to the ignore list? I hope you can relate, and we can share opinions on these friends list policies. I'm striving for a way that everyone can figure out the most polite way to deal with friendships in Runescape. P.S. I didn't put this in questionarres because there's a lot to discuss besides the questions. Pleeease don't move it?
-
RS Died one year ago today
Do you have ANY idea what you're talking about? Tell me why they made those changes. Tell me what would have happened if they didn't make the changes. Here's a hint, Runescape would LITERALLY DIE.
-
The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]
Why can we see through walls, then? They should have all the dungeons etc. too far apart from any other to see them. It makes sense, why would we be able to see through walls?
-
Dagon'hai robes ... What drops them FOUND ! (page 4)
That seriously took you until December 4th to figure out...? I knew that on the first day. >.< Yet you did not share this with us? Grab me a coffee, slave boy. Dagon'hai Monk Dagon'hai robes... I figured it would be obvious... Then heroes should drop rune armor...
-
oddest/wierdest drop from a low lvl monster
Back a few years ago, I thought it was a good idea to kill icefiends for the halves. I never got one, after a while I gave up... Why are left halves so cheap, yet they're so rare? I never got one in the three years I've been playing.
-
One year has passed !
^^^OBLIVIOUS^^^ What people don't understand is that if it wasn't for those updates there would be NO RUNESCAPE! I hate when people don't read closely! Think people, pay attention!
-
Tormented Demons Extinct?
Yes! Maybe I can get the money I was looking so forward to getting that money from the piece of the plate. The day before I had the requirements, it CRASHED. A total let down... Maybe if it rises enough, and I sell it, I could afford 99 magic. I hope I hope I hope!
-
Ask a SMART Question, Get a STUPID Answer
To stop everyone else from being lonely. Why is the sky blue?
- The Smilie Game
-
Googlebombing Ranking TIF #1 [Runescape]
Tip it is the best ownaged forums.
-
Count to ~200~ before a mod posts - fifth round
10!!! Who touched my gun?!
-
CountDown From 15K - COUNTDOWN FINISHED!!!!
10985
-
Create-A-'Scape
Macroscape -If Dec. 10 2007 never happened
- Rating Avatars Game
-
Post your Manage thy Kingdom results.
How long did that take, and how much money did you spend? What workers did you assign to what? I might want to get into this whole Kingdom business after seeing that...
-
RuneScape en français ! 10-déc-2008
If that was the case, we'd have American English first. Where did that generalization come from? Really uncalled for, biased, and rude.
-
09-Dec-2008 Achievement Diaries Hairstyles + PVP Improvement
I did both diaries, finished them last night! My workers actually got the mahogany logs within a few hours of me telling them to. I guess I stayed up late enough that it counted as the next day... The Falador shield 3 ROCKS. The +7 prayer boost and adamant kiteshield stats are really awesome! I went and fought the mole with it with prayer boosting gear... I prayer "flicked" or whatever you call it, and used only 1-3 points per kill. Then I traded the mole skins and claws for birds nests, and I got the white lily seeds WITH the nests! You don't use up the skins or claws, you get the seeds as a bonus! So can anyone confirm that level 3 gives farming xp boost anywhere in Falador? I heard once you get level 3, it's not only limited to the allotment patch. If it works for the tree, or more, that would be great! I need some farming levels so I can complete the last task in Varrock diary. After that, I can officially say I beat all the quests and diaries!
-
What's Next ? and Where ? (Achievement Diary)
No, that was my thread... It was LOCKED. Grrr, I don't know why! I was directed to the predictions on Falador's diary stuff! Can a mod be nice and unlock it.... please?
-
09-Dec-2008 Achievement Diaries Hairstyles + PVP Improvement
Awesome! Why not train cooking while waiting for your drop rate to go up? You'd only be risking a few fish at a time, in case of an ambush. Great find!
-
Opinions on Revenants?
They're way too weak. I killed a number of revenants with only a whip and a salve amulet (e) while protecting people in the agility course. I didn't use any food at all, and took down about 3 that were my level. I say that there should be super strong revenants among the normal ones. These will hit higher, freeze for longer, and can RUN. Their AI would be smart enough to go around obstacles (Jagex has pathfinding, so why not use it for NPCs?). They'd run straight at you, having the ability to sense you even from too far away for you to see. They'd hit higher, and sometimes twice in a row. However, they'd leave you alone unless you're risking 25k or more. This way, they'll act like real pkers, only killing you if you're worth killing (or at least a smart PKer who doesn't waste time).
-
09-Dec-2008 Achievement Diaries Hairstyles + PVP Improvement
New hair styles! Great! Fremennik Achievement Diary! Awesome! Falador Achievment Diary! Awesome awesome! PvP drops improved greatly! HOLY SH- I love these new updates! Now all I need is the Stealing Creation fix/improvement, Christmas event with the "special higher leveled surprise", and Mobilising Armies (next month), and I'm satisfied! The level 2 Falador shield owns, it's like a holy book with added defence, and from what I hear, level 3 has +7 prayer boost! The stinkyboots aren't so great... I would have preferred simply giving us an infinite teleport to Relleka, as the explorer ring gives an infinite teleport... Instead we get to re-enchant our old teleportation devices that can only hold two charges at a time, and we need to sacrifice rather expensive fish, or instead use a bass while wearing a special werewolf mind-melding ring. Pretty inconvenient... I only have both items level 2 so far, I can't wait to find out what their FINAL AND MOST POWAHFUL FORMS do!
-
09-Dec-2008 Achievement Diaries Hairstyles + PVP Improvement
All I really need is a yew seed, some time to grow the yew, and my Miscellania workers to hurry it up. I think there's a way to "cheat" with the runecrafting. Using the explorer ring, I'm pretty sure there's a chance you get an extra rune for each essence with certain runes. I'll have to double check. If that doesn't work, I need 8 runecrafting levels up, not good... Oh, and I need wild pie to beat a skeletal wyvern, only 70 slayer. The rest I can do. I have the easy/medium done for both Falador and Fremennik. I NEED THAT LEVEL 3 SHIELD!
-
weird flying glitch
Doesnt matter if it gains you an advantage or not. If you take advantage of a bug, you are breaking rules. It's a glitch, not a bug. According to Wikipedia, glitch is a short term fault in a system, and a bug is a fault in the system period. Either way, its still an exploit that you can use and is against the rules to duplicate. Even still, think logically for a minute, if you owned a game, and you made a code error, would you want 1000 people floating around cities, and them saying "its not harming anyone!". No, you wouldnt. You would want it REPORTED so you could deal with it. (Assuming you didnt know about it in the first place. And to above poster, it doesnt say IF it is unbalancing, it says it CAN unbalance, so it is against the rules to deliberately take advantage of one. You don't know what it can and can't do. People try replicating it, who knows what could happen. Someone could figure something new out, get outside of castle wars, and start cutting down magic trees in seers, going to the magic guild and mining essence. You don't know what could happen, and Im pretty sure this is reportable. Yeah, I suppose it makes sense. They just want to be cautious is all, seeing as bugs are unpredictable. I wouldn't do this glitch myself, I don't want to risk anything.
-
weird flying glitch
Doesnt matter if it gains you an advantage or not. If you take advantage of a bug, you are breaking rules. You forgot to bold the rest of the sentece... If you read that again, this bug is clearly not reportable. It isn't devaluing players' efforts, or unbalancing the game. It simply looks funny, nothing wrong.
-
Weekly Poll:Activities would you make your slave partake in?
Monster hunting! Pretty much like a more powerful familiar. First post, woohoo, heehee, haha.