Everything posted by Intriguing
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Sigur Ros - Glosoli Awesome.
-
Family Communication - Am I the Only One?
I can't really relate. I have a tonne of friends, but no really good friends, so I tend to talk to mum about my personal issues, and she gives good advice. Personally, I think you should just tell your parents about it if they want to know. It's not like you have anything to be ashmed of, right?
-
Will Off-Topic ever 'run out'?
You should get together with my Physics teacher. (He has horrible puns too!) Still made me laugh though. :lol: I think the actual question has been answered sufficiently already, so on to the more important one. Plain coke just tastes like semi-diluted water. Pepsi-Max all the way.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Radiohead - Everything in its Right Place Beautiful piece of music. I first heard this song on Friday I think, in a physics lesson. We spent the majority of it just watching YouTube, and one of these videos had this song on it. I recognized it as Radiohead, and asked one of my friends in the class what it was--being the HUGE Raidohead fan he is. Love it. and Thee More Shallows - I Can't Get Next to You Brilliant, simple piece of music. I only found out about this band a few days ago, and I'm planning on checking them out a bit more extensively later on in November.
-
Obscure black metal bands.
Thanks bud, I'll check it out. :)
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Colors (Album, not a song) - Between the Buried and Me This is the second time I've listened through it today. My god, it is freaking amazing.
-
Obscure black metal bands.
Meh, the only pay-for-downloads site/program I've found that costs more than $2 an album is iTunes, so I was basically reinforcing that I don't want to use iTunes (as I am again). I really don't care if I download it "illegally" (most of it is legal in Australia, as long as you don't burn a copy and give/sell it to people), it's just I have more chance of getting the artists if I pay a bit for it.
-
Obscure black metal bands.
If this is in the wrong forum, either move it or tell me where to re-post. Anyway, just recently I've been looking through Last.fm and have found a few relatively obscure bands (most are between 500 and 5000 listens on Last.fm), mainly black metal bands, that I want to get music from. So, to my problem. I much prefer downloading music to buying cds. Mostly because of the money issue. Now, in this case, I'm more than prepared to pay for the music downloads, but I don't want to pay what iTunes asks, as I think $1.60 a song is a bit ridiculous. If someone could point me in the direction of a site where I can download albums from pretty much unknown bands, that would be great. And it would be nice if the costs were around $2 an album or so, if I do have to pay.
-
Ordered and received. CD's and DVD's.
I got them on Friday, but I've been pretty busy all weekend, so I haven't had a chance to watch them. I might watch one or two episodes tonight, otherwise I'll just watch them during the week. Great show though. :)
-
What are you listening to right now!?
He Is Legend - The Fool I've been listening to all my other He is Legend songs as well, mostly from I am Hollywood, but this is their best in my opinion. I've kind of always overlooked this band until now. I didn't realise how good they are. and Behold... the Arctopus - Exospacial Psionic Aura Far from their best, but a good song nonetheless. I love this band.
-
mood/music/effects/bands
What kind of music do you listen to: Mainly not-totally-mainstream subgenres of metal, such as metalcore/mathcore (I know it's bordering on mainstream), (funeral) doom metal, black metal, death metal, and folk metal. Then I like electronica, (avant-garde) jazz, classical music from the mid 1800's to the mid 1900's, old country, underground hip-hop, Russian folk music, Indian traditional music, and any world music I can get my hands on, virtuosic and classical guitar music, indie, math, and some alternative rock, and that's all I can think of. Happy: The only music that doesn't make me happy is music I don't like, or songs that remind me of someone I've lost. I guess I might listen to Of Montreal, Say Hi to Your Mum, Xavier Rudd, or something else poppy. Or sometimes some electronica, like M83 or Ratatat. Mad: (Technical) Death metal, chaotic mathcore, or something incredibly fast. Nile, Necrophagist, Ion Dissonance, and Vital remains are good examples. Sad: Some melancholic acoustic, like Death Cab for Cutie, Damien Rice, Arab Strap, or Joshua Radin. Or maybe one of those songs that I mentioned earlier that I connect to people I've lost. Funeral doom is always good as well. Chill-out (I know it wasn't here initially, but it should of been): Jazz! Avant-garde jazz mainly. But it's all good. Stuff like Oscar Peterson, Ornette Coleman, Pharoah Sanders, or Anthony Braxton. Bored: Yeah, basically anything. I'm bored a lot. What bands: Too many to name.
-
What would you do if you had a week left to live
I don't really know what I'd do for the last week, probably nothing that exciting actually. But I do know that for the last day, I'd go sky diving without a parachute (or if I had one, not open it). Always wanted to do that..
-
The Test of Friendship Thread
If you're really my friend, you'll wear women's clothes down the street to make me feel attractive again.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Vital Remains - Dechristianize I'm not anti-Christian or anything, but I seriously can't stop listening to this song. The consistent, pounding drumming. The bellowing bass and rhythm guitars. The perfectly placed and outstanding melodies and solos from the lead guitar. The guttural vocals sometimes accompanied by a shriek from the lead guitarist. I'm glad it goes for 9 minutes, it's so perfect and addictive. and Circle Takes the Square - Interview at the Ruins Simple song, but it does it for me. Has a great atmosphere with it.
-
Weather; does it effect your emotions?
Best combination for me is completely overcast, really windy, and thunder and lightning in the distance. Makes me so happy. Where I'm from, it's pretty much always sunny, but I don't really like sunny days. Rain is pretty cool too, but mostly for the smell, and the sensation of getting drenched.
-
Somnambulism (Sleep Walking)
Ahaha! Made me laugh.. Anyway, I used to sleepwalk a lot. Not very far, but I did it a lot. Sometimes it was a bit embarasing when I actually woke up and found out what I did, because, like one time we had an allnighter party at my house, and I was 8 or something, and wasn't aloud to stay up for all of it. And later I found out I walked out in front of everyone in my boxers.. Also, one time we had this African-American lady staying with us. She was pretty awesome. And I sleepwalked when she was around. It's always embarassing when it's people outside of your family.. But I don't do it anymore I don't think. Oh, and hellbellz comment made me think of another time. I randomly got up in my sleep, took off my boxers and got back in bed. Woke up neked. ;) I actually remember doing it, vaguely, but I know I wans't awake.
-
Guns, knifes and school violence
I can't really relate. My school has about 600 people in it, and it's a K-12 school (all grades), so it's pretty small. And the closest thing to school violence I've heard about in my city is that last term som "emos" went to a middle school on the other side of town wiedling knives and tried to picked fights with people. I think they stabbed some girl, but that's about it.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Vital Remains - At War With God In my opinion the best death metal band in existance, but I'm sure someone will disagree with me and Necrophagist - Extreme Unction I love the guitar work and occasional obscurity in this piece.
-
My Chemical Romance. Good or bad?
I liked My Chemical Romance more when they weren't on the top 100 charts. I still don't mind their music, but my interest in them has sort of died down, because my interest in the entire emo (don't get up me, it's what they are) has died down over the past year or so. I still don't mind listeneing to them every now and then, but I think I prefer their previous album to their newer one.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
I discovered that band a week or two ago. They're imo the best Australian metal band out there, but I guess that's not saying much. Their drummer is insane. Oscar Peterson - Hymn to Freedom and Oscar Peterson - I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good) Freaking amazing chill-out music. He's a brilliant pianist.
-
What are you listening to right now!?
Anaal Nathrakh - The Supreme Necrotic Audnance Pretty good black metal. Fairly intense. And I love the vocalists banshee-esque shrieks. and Malovent Creation - Condemned More in the mood for black metal than death metal today, but they're still a good band.
-
What's Your Style?
:shock: Don't judge him. :(
-
What are you listening to right now!?
ÃÆÃ
-
In your opnion...
For me? Andres Segovia and Buckethead. Andres Segovia because he pretty much changed the guitar from the gypsie-only instrument to a classically acceptable instrument. And he was brilliant. Buckethead because of his innovations with the guitar, and his speed. So basically both because they think/thought outside the box to a great extent.
-
What's Your Style?
Clothes : My style would be.. skinny indie kid. As in, I generally wear comical/vintage t-shirts with a vintage cut (I know I said vintage twice), and jeans. I'm trying to get any remainder of the skater kid I was about 2 years ago out of me. When I can get around to it, I'm going to make myself some metal band shirts though. With any that I've been able to find for bands I like, they're always two sizes too big (I'm XS or S. The average metalhead is XL supposably..), and their designs are crappy. So I might as well make them myself. But as I said, when I can get around to it. Music : I like pretty much all music, but metal is my favourite, followed by jazz, folk, and indie, in no particular order. Attitude : Positive? But anyway, I have yet to find a niche which appropriately classifies me. Feel free to have a stab if you wish though.