Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bladewing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bladewing

  1. Here are some tips: Give xp/hour and cost/xp. Justify why platebodies are better than knives, if you make that claim. Another option you didn't mention is smithing with goldsmithing gauntlets. Cannonballs are not a good way to 99 smithing! They're only good if for some reason you need to make 200k an hour for some reason.
  2. Don't make cannonballs.
  3. Here's the analysis of common smithing training methods I made in a 99 smithing thread a bit ago.
  4. Not worth it, do greens instead. I'm at TDs right now, I'll try to come back later and give an analysis as proof.
  5. Know what's best? Powertraining (teaks/ivy/lumberyard) and using the time saved killing dragons or something.
  6. Well addy platebodies with SC is basically the most efficient way to go, once you have 88. It's about 340k xp, 1.9m coins, and 5.4 hammers per hour. It takes just over an hour to get get those hammers (you get about 5.3 hammers hourly in skill-only SC). He needs 10.6m xp or so. He'll be looking at about 31 hours of actual smithing, 60m gp costs, and about 32 hours of SC. Another popular method is iron knives, costing 1.62 coins per xp. You can smith about 900 bars hourly, if you smith 1 at a time (as you do with knives), and he'll need 212k iron bars to get to 99. This will take him 235 hours of smithing, 17.1m coins, and the 31 hours of SC. Addy plates: 63 hours, 60m coins Iron knives: 266 hours, 17.1m coins Using addy plates saves you 203 hours at the cost of 42.9m, the equivalent of costing you 211k/hour. That rules knives out! Another option is addy arrowtips. Again, you smith 900 bars hourly, but this time he'll only need 84k bars, which will take him 94.2 hours to smith. Addy tips will cost him 37m. Addy plates: 63 hours, 60m coins Addy arrowtips: 125 hours, 37m coins Using addy plates saves you 62 hours at the cost of 23m coins, the equivalent of costing you 370k an hour. Addy plates are the best!
  7. I want to get my third cape but i only have little more than 20m to spend, so i have question, does it only cost 21m to buy iron bars and smith iron knives to get 99 smithing? or do i have to smelt the ores to? becourse i hate smelting=) And 50m to craft green bodies, is it including selling the bodies and buy new d hides all the time? i hope u can understand what i mean, not that good in eng:) ty Yep, I understand. The 21m figure for smithing is buying bars and selling knives. The 50m for green bodies is buying leathers and selling bodies. You could tan your own hides, but the true cost is 50m (there's an implicit opportunity cost of using leathers you tanned equal to their sale value).
  8. I can get 60-65k xp at spiritual mages with black knives and void, plus ~500k net loot hourly. 83 slayer required.
  9. Crafting - 50m with green bodies and SC; 42m with air battlestaves Smithing - 21m with iron knives and SC; 45m with addy arrowtips and SC; 54m with gold; 74m with addy plates and SC Construction - 59m with Oak and SC; 67m with Teak and SC; 100m with Mahogany and SC Cooking - not too sure, depends on what prices you can buy/sell fish at; previous calculations showed 5-8m Farming - depends on how quickly you want to level. Firemaking - 2.8m with Maples; 28m with eucs; 30m with yews Fletching - ~0m with Yew longs; 8m with Magic longs; 20m with adamant bolts; +78m with broad bolts Herblore - hard to tell for near future; previous estimates range from 160-250m Prayer - 180-200m Hope these helped.
  10. Nah, if you want papayas, just buy a fruit bat pouch and some scrolls and spam-scroll. You'll get more papayas than you could want.
  11. Don't bother getting 65 slayer for dusties, they don't have great charms. Just kill waterfiends now without a familiar. Do something like: Super attack Super strength 4-5 prayer potions 2-3 tunas (or other cheap food) 17-19 pineapple pizzas (I don't think these are really available anymore; you could use karambwan I guess, if those are available still. Teletab Wear standard gear and pray piety and protect from range. For combat xp, kill Armored Zombies.
  12. I assume it's money issues? Range aviansies and buy chins. If you're like me and can't stand chinning or aviansies (lol), you could knife yaks or experiments or something. I trained it through slayer, but it's very slow and I wouldn't recommend it if you want quick levels.
  13. You could use spicy stews for +6 boosts, but I don't even know if it's logistically possible.
  14. Uhh, do all the quests you intend to do before you train any defense or prayer. I'm not sure what you're asking.
  15. You could throw knives at the greater demons. It's nice to take a break with a clue scroll. Other options are: Throwing knives at yaks/experiments/etc. Aviansies Chinning zombie skeles, mummies, nechs, etc.
  16. Falador shield is +7 prayer, by the way. I think you get about 200xp per chin, but that's at Ape Atoll.
  17. Profitable? Yes. Cannonballs and smelting. Efficient and profitable? No. Here's what I'd recommend: get SC hammers and make iron throwing knives. It'll be about 1.5gp/xp.
  18. Void is great. I've found it more powerful 100% of the time. In addition, once you get full void ranged, you're only one helmet away from the melee set, which is great for waterfiends or AZs. It's also great for TDs which I just started learning to kill! So you won't be wasting your time if you get it. You can then divert the 40m you have towards a skill or investments.
  19. Rune Defender - best shield for melee. DFS is only useful for melee for killing dragons (and even now that's obsolete with 83? herblore). Don't bother with obsidian shields or spirit shields - unless you can afford Elysian or Divine. But given that you're looking for a cheap shield, those are probably out of the question!
  20. WGS

    Bladewing replied to Bladewing's topic in Help and Advice
    Thanks for all the help. I realize that I get 4x 100k xp, but I think that if I choose a skill for one, it'll be the best choice and I should choose that skill all 4 times.
  21. WGS

    Bladewing posted a topic in Help and Advice
    Well initially I thought I would use it on prayer. However, since prayer is considerably faster than herblore, which is also more expensive than prayer, I'm considering using it there. Or should I use it on RC and save myself 10-13 hours of time?
  22. I don't forsee them increasing much, as the requirements being so high would discourage most from attempting to reach them. I think the Special restore potion is going to be overpowered and (hopefully) nerfed with a cooldown.
  23. Yep. I did the exact same thing. Stood on the portal and "wtf?"'d about it.
  24. I'd get the bolts, so you can start getting 150k free coins daily sooner. It doesn't take very long to get more points for rings, but they don't save very much time either. Until you get them fairy rings will do fine to get you to the caves or the tower (canifis tele works too). If you're using Duradel, you don't get terror dogs. Pollivneach teleport is convenient, though, for aberrant spectres. Off topic, I actually never even go to the slayer tower anymore now that I think about it. Abbys - alternate abyss Nechs - chin in Chaos Tunnels Gargoyles - Chaos Tunnels Aberrants - Pollnivneach Bloodvelds - near blood altar
  25. It's not "76king". Even if only "legit" pkers were using pvp worlds, we'd see this inflation because items are being removed and coins are being added. There is an increase in the money supply and a decrease in aggregate supply, if you will. The real culprit here is the current PvP system. Yes, there has long been inflation in RuneScape - but only in summer months when players receive extra utility from items purchased, due to longer playing times. The true tend of the prices of items such as Godswords, whips, rune armor, barrows armor, dragon armor, etc. has been downwards: more items entered the game everyday, but very few ever left. I'd hold onto your items until the day Jagex announces a change to PvP, as it is sure to keep rising until then. Then sell it right away.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.