Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

TotalTalker

For god's sake use hide tags! You're spoiling it for all the people who haven't read it yet.

-.- [/hide]

If you haven't read it yet, then what the bloody hell are you doing in this thread?

Would everyone who hasn't read it yet please show themselves?

I read it yesterday. But people can stumble upon this, accidentally. Even then, other people use the hide tags too, why would you feel any better and not use them?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other people use the hide tags too, why would you feel any better and not use them?

Because I hate spoiler tags and all who use them.

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

[hide=My Only Question]My only question is how the hat got the sword back from griphook and gave it to Neville. Definitely an issue that could have used some explanation.[/hide]

Oh yeah, I noticed a few spelling errors too, I think. Didn't bother me so much.

remember chamber of secrets? same thing.

[hide=My Only Question]My only question is how the hat got the sword back from griphook and gave it to Neville. Definitely an issue that could have used some explanation.[/hide]

Somewhere in there, it was said that the sword could appear to a true Griffindor when they were in great need.

mysig31ha.png

n case you were asking about the second time voldemort tried to kill him in the hall: The wand of destiny or w/e actually belonged to harry. Voldemort first assumed snape was the true owner, but since dumbledore asked snape to kill him, the ownership never went to snape, instead the person who was mean to kill dumbledore, thats draco malfoy. When harry ron and hermonie were captured, harry stole malfoys wand remember? so at that point the ownership of the wand of destiny was also passed to harry, so it was harry's the whole time afterwards.

I think it's more to do with the fact that Malfoy disarmed Dumbledore before he died, therefore winning his wand, rather than it being Malfoy who was supposed to kill him.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

[hide]

because of all the deaths in the book i did wonder who the main character were who died and i came up with 2 ppl

Hedwig

and dobby

[/hide]

over all it was a great book but i wish the end fight was longer

13zwenn.png

For god's sake use hide tags! You're spoiling it for all the people who haven't read it yet.

-.- [/hide]

Click to see what my reply to this is, as he wanted everyone to use hide tabs...

[hide]If people see a "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" thread, most likely there are gonna be spoilers... think a bit, if they don't want to know what's gonna happen, they won't look at the thread.[/hide]

Also, may I suggest the person who created the thread edit the thread title to let people know there may be spoilers?

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

Quit hiding things, at this point you sould have read the book already. For those of you who haven't, HARRY DOESNT DIE VOLEMORT AND SNAPE DIE SO DOES TONKS AND LUPIN AND FRED (OR GEORGE)!!!!!!111

you had it coming. How dumb do you have to be to read a thread on a book you don't want the ending spoiled to anyways?

Shutup.jpg

Golden Sun= the best game ever made?

Farming and construction are dumb. I am proud to have level 1 in both.

How to write very bad guides (B3$7 3\/4R!!!!1)

[hide]I loved the part where Fred comes up to George after George lost his ear, and George said he "felt like an angel." Then Fred said, "There is an entire universe of ear jokes, and you had to use a "Holy" joke!?

I do agree that the whole death/rebirth thing was a bit cliched. Also, did anyone catch the Romeo and Juliet reference in the Molly/Bellatrix fight? Molly hit Bellatrix under her arm, just as Tybalt nailed Mercutio under the arm of Romeo. I'm either a genius, or I read too far in.

Great book, I wanted more power in the epilogue, kind of a brief history of everyone (ie George, the Weasleys, Kingsley, Teddy, etc.[/hide]

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

Quit hiding things, at this point you sould have read the book already. For those of you who haven't, [hide]HARRY DOESNT DIE VOLEMORT AND SNAPE DIE SO DOES TONKS AND LUPIN AND FRED (OR GEORGE)!!!!!!111[/hide]

you had it coming. How dumb do you have to be to read a thread on a book you don't want the ending spoiled to anyways?

The book has only been out for two days - just relax and keep "hiding" the spoilers please. Don't need to ruin people's experience even if they are reading this.

-----

So is J.K. Rowling going to make an "encyclopedia" of sorts about the characters?

sithbridgeay2.jpg

[hide]The book was great. I was really glad that she made the end fight between Harry and Voldemort the way she did. It would have been ridiculous to use the twin core thing again and even more ridiculous if Harry beat Voldemort out of pure skill. I didn't really care for the Epilogue. I wanted some info on other characters.[/hide]

i really dont know how you guys are reading it for a second or even third time. I got the book at 12:05 on friday and ive been reading it when i have the time and i just finished now 11:50 pm on the 23rd. I worked long hours and such but i dont know how you guys read that fast, 3 times in 3 days is rediculous, i dont think ive ever read a book twice. All i can say is, after reading half-blood prince i knew i wanted to see it in movie version, and now after reading this i can not wait for the movie. the whole time i read the book i was picturing it in my mind and its gonna be phenominal.

i really dont know how you guys are reading it for a second or even third time. I got the book at 12:05 on friday and ive been reading it when i have the time and i just finished now 11:50 pm on the 23rd. I worked long hours and such but i dont know how you guys read that fast, 3 times in 3 days is rediculous, i dont think ive ever read a book twice. All i can say is, after reading half-blood prince i knew i wanted to see it in movie version, and now after reading this i can not wait for the movie. the whole time i read the book i was picturing it in my mind and its gonna be phenominal.

When you like to do something you don't stop. ::'

the_foo_1000.png

2104th to 99 Hunting January 10th 2008

Proud Fan Of The Offspring Since 1998

[hide]Wow. There is absolutely no way that the future movie will ever do that book justice. Unless of course they decided to delicately craft a 7 hour movie, which is unlikely.

Overall, I thought the book was amazing. It was fun to see everything from previous books finally connect and make sense. I was deeply upset by all the deaths in the book (except Mad Eye's.. I admit that didn't seem to affect me much), including Hedwig's. The way Dobby died was simply devastating.. how he bravely showed up to rescue Harry and his friends, but ended up dying in the process. Then of course Lupin and Tonks. I immediately thought of Harry when we learned that Teddy would become an orphan, which was upsetting. And I would have loved to find out more about what became of George and the joke shop in the epilogue (despite Fred's death, did George continue with it?).

Even if it was cliche, I loved the ending. Everything that was revealed at the end proved how carefully crafted the entire series was. It was great how Harry made Voldemort look like an ignorant fool before he died.

In addition to what became of George and the joke shop, I would have loved to have known about everyone's occupations in the end. Did Harry turn out to be an auror after all? Did Hermione end up taking SPEW further, like she aspired to do? Did Harry ever see the Dursleys again?

Those are kind of my jumbled thoughts pouring out in no particular order :P[/hide]

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

[hide]Wow. There is absolutely no way that the future movie will ever do that book justice. Unless of course they decided to delicately craft a 7 hour movie, which is unlikely.

Overall, I thought the book was amazing. It was fun to see everything from previous books finally connect and make sense. I was deeply upset by all the deaths in the book (except Mad Eye's.. I admit that didn't seem to affect me much), including Hedwig's. The way Dobby died was simply devastating.. how he bravely showed up to rescue Harry and his friends, but ended up dying in the process. Then of course Lupin and Tonks. I immediately thought of Harry when we learned that Teddy would become an orphan, which was upsetting. And I would have loved to find out more about what became of George and the joke shop in the epilogue (despite Fred's death, did George continue with it?).

Even if it was cliche, I loved the ending. Everything that was revealed at the end proved how carefully crafted the entire series was. It was great how Harry made Voldemort look like an ignorant fool before he died.

In addition to what became of George and the joke shop, I would have loved to have known about everyone's occupations in the end. Did Harry turn out to be an auror after all? Did Hermione end up taking SPEW further, like she aspired to do? Did Harry ever see the Dursleys again?

Those are kind of my jumbled thoughts pouring out in no particular order :P[/hide]

You are ABSOLUTELY correct! AND

[hide]I loved the story. However, I hate how the epilogue failed so badly. As a reader you dont want to know the story. You want to know their life story. I think the epilogue cuold have been 50 pages longer. The story of Voldemort and Harry was great; complete in every aspect (perhaps).

Anyway, I was pleased how the story ended although it was a litttttle lame. The way he feigned death was a little stupid too.

All in all it was a good book and I'd like to see another....oh wait...nvm.

p.s. fred shouldnt have died[/hide]

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

[hide]I completely agree with you. The epilogue was the only real downside to the book. I saw the nineteen years later and was expecting something great that told a little bit about each of the main characters. I wanted to know how Teddy coped with being raised without any real parents (though it was presumably much better than Harry's upbringing). I wanted to know each of their careers and who succeeded Dumbledore and Snape as headmaster of Hogwarts. Ah well, maybe Rowling will end up writing something later on to clear some things up for us. I kind of doubt it, though.[/hide]

I finished it 12 hours after it came out. My cousin only read for like 7 hours and finished it! WTF?!

It's called semi-skim reading. :P I finished it in about 5 hours myself - there's a lot of descriptive stuff that you can glaze over hehe.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

I finished it 12 hours after it came out. My cousin only read for like 7 hours and finished it! WTF?!

It's called semi-skim reading. :P I finished it in about 5 hours myself - there's a lot of descriptive stuff that you can glaze over hehe.

thats cheating...

anyway i finished it the day after i got it because i went to a party, but im not sure if i would have staid awake the whole night reading :P

mitsubishi64.jpeg

Click my main sig to see my fakes :D

Proud to be Mexican, yay!

[hide]well i loved the book, really enjoyable read. Was surprised that Harry managed to get away with using 2 of the 3 unforgivable curses though. And what spell did Molly cast on Bellatrix? Also, how did Ron get into the Chamber of Secrets by speaking parseltongue? That part didnt really work for me. Shame also that Ginny didn't have a bigger role to play. Glad that Neville had a vital role to play.

I was also disappointed with the ending, I would have loved a chapter with all the aftermath of Voldermort's downfall rather than a nineteen year later epilogue. Would have been nice to know what their jobs all were. Did anyone find out the truth about Snape? Did Umbridge keep her job? Whap happened to Grawp/Hagrid etc etc. [/hide]

Looking forward to the film already. Get Peter Jackson to do it so that there may be a chance of him doing an extended edition for DVD of 4 hours of footage. They should have done that with all the films (for DVD not cinematic) as there is so much story that is missed out in the films.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

[hide]well i loved the book, really enjoyable read. Was surprised that Harry managed to get away with using 2 of the 3 unforgivable curses though. And what spell did Molly cast on Bellatrix? Also, how did Ron get into the Chamber of Secrets by speaking parseltongue? That part didnt really work for me. Shame also that Ginny didn't have a bigger role to play. Glad that Neville had a vital role to play.

I was also disappointed with the ending, I would have loved a chapter with all the aftermath of Voldermort's downfall rather than a nineteen year later epilogue. Would have been nice to know what their jobs all were. Did anyone find out the truth about Snape? Did Umbridge keep her job? Whap happened to Grawp/Hagrid etc etc. [/hide]

Looking forward to the film already. Get Peter Jackson to do it so that there may be a chance of him doing an extended edition for DVD of 4 hours of footage. They should have done that with all the films (for DVD not cinematic) as there is so much story that is missed out in the films.

Yes like in OotP, the St mungos scene. I'd also would of liked to see an extended Department of Mysteries scene.

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

[hide]I thought this book was ok. The only bit that really stood out for me was the whole thing about Harry dying and being reborn. The rest of the book seemed a bit forced, maybe even rushed. It could have been my mood while reading it though, I've had a lot of things on my mind which might have drawn from the experience.[/hide]

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

[hide]The book was great. I was really glad that she made the end fight between Harry and Voldemort the way she did. It would have been ridiculous to use the twin core thing again and even more ridiculous if Harry beat Voldemort out of pure skill. I didn't really care for the Epilogue. I wanted some info on other characters.[/hide]

[hide]I didn't like how he died, it was just sort of like "And he died!!", end of the series, go read a new book... I had expected it to be like in the fourth one, where nearly a chapter was devoted to it. But I'm glad she didn't pull the twin cores stuff again, she had over used that a bit.[/hide]

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

[hide]I loved the book. It was quick paced and greatly done. It was pretty strange how she killed more people than she said. George, Mad Eye, Dobby, Tonks and Lupin, plus Crabbe. Many died, I expected Hagrid and Ron and/or Hermione. Maybe even Harry and Voldemort. Anyway. For me, there was some parts where...It felt like Lord of the Rings. Like the locket on Harry's neck. Or the battle of Voldemort and Harry. I mean, the circle each other and stall attack, while Harry explains while he failed with the Elder Wand? Then they attack? I actually, but this is me, would have liked to see some sort of two prong blow, Harry and Voldemort die using their own Avada Kadavra spells.

The Epilogue...I would have rather not wanted to read that. So that way, we could decide our own futures. The Kings Cross chapter was weird, though enjoyable to read, and explains a lot. But the battle scenes...She could have done a hell of a lot better with those, plus the epilogue.

My conclusion is...I'm glad Harry didn't die, but the ending was rushed and too satisfying. We all knew Harry would live, a couple of my friends an many others probably guessed Harry and Voldemort in some sort of two prong blow. But I found he wouldn't die reading half of the book. But the deaths were surprising. And sad, too. Dobby nooooo! :( :cry: :( [/hide]

Those are my thoughts. The movie will look good, I just hope the director will enhance the battle scenes a little, to make 'em better. :wink:

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)