30 April 2007 - 24 Carat Update

Wachtwoord

can we switch out the castle wars bracelet with barrow gloves after game starts?

it only says it loses a charge each time it starts and the bonus applies the game it is destroyed. can someone check it out?

What?

m_theory11.png

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we switch out the castle wars bracelet with barrow gloves after game starts?

it only says it loses a charge each time it starts and the bonus applies the game it is destroyed. can someone check it out?

Yes, this is true. You can wear gloves after the game starts. 36 with Ice Barrage ftw.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Yes, this is true. You can wear gloves after the game starts. 36 with Ice Barrage ftw.

yey, now this update actually has meaning for me :)

What?

m_theory11.png

wait if the rate of Hp recovery is doubled then maybe with rapid heal we could double the doubled recovery? if so, then we would get more then 4 times the healing!!! if not more! and the prayer rapid heal is actually a low one it requires very little prayer power. can someone try this out?

The clock is ticking, and your time is running out, mortals.

Does anyone know if the onyx bracelet gives any stat boosts?

ALSO: It says that the hitpoint recovery is doubled...it doesn't say RATE. Is the RATE doubled or do we get 2 hp per recovery?

what's the difference?

w4M8t.png

Does anyone know if the onyx bracelet gives any stat boosts?

ALSO: It says that the hitpoint recovery is doubled...it doesn't say RATE. Is the RATE doubled or do we get 2 hp per recovery?

what's the difference?

Whether the speed of recovery is doubled or the amount of hp that is restored everytime is doubled.

I believe it's the speed.

wait if the rate of Hp recovery is doubled then maybe with rapid heal we could double the doubled recovery? if so, then we would get more then 4 times the healing!!! if not more! and the prayer rapid heal is actually a low one it requires very little prayer power. can someone try this out?

I am starting to think this could be pretty cool. I would use it for the Creature Graveyard room at the Mage Training arena so I could stay there longer.

Basically, this update is fairly redundant. The useful ones are used once in a blue moon (ie. mining clay - you might do it once or twice a week but it's not a regular occurence in most runescapers days). The fact that barrows gloves are so good negates the point of most of the bracelets and the onyx bracelet is a joke considering how much an onyx costs. The onyx necklace is just as useless - how many people use an obby weapon? I like obby mauls, they look cool but I don't train or use one enough to warrent me buying an onyx necklace.

The teleports are handy but aimed at lazy people. Fishing guild teleport? That's already on the lunar spell set - running out of ideas much? The mining guild isn't exactly miles away from falador and the exit is so close to a bank anyway it's not particularly useful. Cooking Guild? I don't know about you but i don't think i've ever even gone there. I admit the crafting guild teleport is good - 1 out of 4. Yay. The same applies for the d stone bracelet; A warrior guild teleport? Is it too far to walk from the games room after using a games necklace teleport and what with the ditch now in place meaning you don't even have to go through the wilderness to get to the monastery, having a teleport there is complete overkill.

Imo, the best thing jagex could do is to make a seperate bracelet spot to encourage the wearing of these fairly useless bracelets or at least make the onyx ones on a par with barrows gloves.

If using ancient magicks, a teleport so close to Varrock is a gift from heavens ( Or actually from Jagex)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

finally a stop to all the rune crafter pking!!!!!!! woooooooooootttnesssssss

GOOD JOB JAGEX

normally i never post somthing like this when we get updates \'

Wait... don't you automatically unskull once you leave the wilderness now?

So rcers are never skulled anymore? Maybe i'm just stupid... Oh wait NVM that's Teleblock :oops:

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Wait... don't you automatically unskull once you leave the wilderness now?

So rcers are never skulled anymore? Maybe i'm just stupid... Oh wait NVM that's Teleblock :oops:

i have tried it yet, but what i can see on the runescape kb it says prevents players from skulling when entering the abyss.

question. wheres the ruby necklace

Looks like I'm going to need to get someone to make me *some* dragonstone necklaces and bracelets.... Too bad I only have 2 dragonstones :cry:

Also, I wonder how much all of these are going to cost.... :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

very bad update IMO

saphs = 28 soft clay, pfft, id rather spend an extra minute collecting and useing buckets of water on 'dry' clay that waste a saph on a stupid bracelet

emmers = CW bracelet, 3 uses, well thats an hour, but still, the useage limits on all these things is really low, and the +50% banage heal, so they heal ~10 now, that would only be useful if you are stuck or running to score, i do like the idea that you get +20% extra damage when you att someone who is holding thier flag :thumbsup: should make W6 games a bit more interesting, Barrage anyone :?:

Ruby = bracelet of inoculation, hardly anyone actually kills zogres, and even if they do there are plenty of safespots that means you dont get dieseasd anyway

Diamond = possibly the worse yet, 5 uses per!! unless you get pked everyday while Rcing then this would waste more money that losing a glory every now and again, and i would rather wear a glory for the bonuses and also if you are ever in danger you could run away and tele away, however might be good for doing clues in the wild above level 20 wild, might give the extra bit of health to get away

Dragonstone = at first glance these look reasonable, lots of new telespots, however almost all of these spots can already be accesed relativly easily from other existing tele point, ill stick to glories

Onyx = i feel sorry for the people who invested in a few of them before the update, the bracelet might be reasonable in some places, Dag kings maybe, help control the spino's a bit more (onlly place i can think of at the moment) maybe agility? but the necklace is a bit of a waste i think, whip+fury would be more usefull than obby weap+zerker necklace

those are my opinions, im going to stick to making forging rings, glories, duel rings and games necklaces <.<

Candymann16.png

Pretty good update, but some of the jewelry seems a tad bit useless.

Bracelet of clay: I seem to always need soft clay, but only 28 uses per bracelet?

Berserker necklace/Bracelet of regeneration: Good ideas, but for an Onyx gem? I would rather have a fury. Now if these were made with a Dragonstone...

Castlewars bracelet: I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t play Castlewars, good idea though.

Bracelet of inoculation: How many people go back to fight the Zogres after the quest?

I find all the other new jewelry to be useful. Overall this and the wilderness ditch were the best updates of the month.

signature61kg9.gif

Xbox 360>Wii>PS3

anyone know the stats on the braclets, that other topic has a post with the stats of dragonstone one, wondering the stats for onyx, ( better than RED gloves (for pures?) )

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

rcpkri8.png

:lol: He's for real.

Seriously, check the rants section on the official forums now, you'll be falling off your seats.

^^ LOL irl, the posters did a good job there haha

He is a pixel pirate, he doesnt need to rc pk :P

He was just messing around for all of you who thought he was for real.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

I actually like it.

Especially the ruby ones! Zogre minigame = half keys! And bracelet means more inventory space!

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

From what I read all the hype was pretty much blown away. Besides the glory items and maybe the sapphire braclet this update isn't all that great.

And since these are in the gloves slot.. :-s :wall: <.<

*looks around*

My friends I believe we have just took a great leap backwards instead of forwards because of this update. Well we'll see as time goes by.

I don't recall Jagex ever saying that this was going to be a life-altering update. I'm sure that I'll use nearly all of the new jewelry from time to time, and I am perfectly content with that.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

I'm seeing prices as low as 3.5m for the regeneration braclet, so I don't think it gives stat bonuses. No other (lower) bracelets give any equipped bonuses except for the dragonstone ones.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON