Farewell and thanks for all the fish!

Honest1

Just a note for mods. I have gotten admin approval to make this post.

thanks,

Honest1

It won't come as a big shock to all of you, or any of you for that matter, but the meaning of this post is for more then information.

I have had an opportunity within the tip.it community to meet a lot of great new friends, and work with a lot of dedicated individuals. I remember joining tip.it back when the url was http://www.scapeboard.com. I started off just playing the game. I had no real goals, but I wanted to play.

My real life in runescape though really got started when I decided that I wanted 99 fishing, and it was a very long bumpy road. It started out with me and a few friends. I was fishing, and I had them to encourage me, and before long the tip.it community got involved in my goal, and I started to really get into it. I originally had made a goal that I would never leave karamja until the day I had reached 99 fishing, but that flopped the day Runescape 2 launched publicly.

It was a fun road though hanging out with people like zargo, spooferfish, pyderz not to mention my many many other friends on tip.it, but my entire road wasn't fishing. Around the same time I really started getting into hosting events. I launched the original Honest1 Productions which was like me and four other people, and we ran little forum events. I remember the most was my create a monster event which was a real success.

As my events career continued down its road RPHC was still a events team at large run by ZidaneCT, and he posted applications for the job. At this time RPHC had its own private usergroup on tip.it, and was a well respected team. I applied for RPHC, and I was accepted.

I swear not even a week after my acceptance Tip.it lost the scapeboard database, and I waited, and waited, and then waited a little more, and forum.tip.it was born. I immediately asked about RPHC, and was told that Nathaninch wanted to talk to me about becoming a member of TET.

TET where the greatest years I've ever served, and I have a lot of great memories from that team. Eventually I become the leader of that team, and helped implement some great changes, but Nathaninch came back from his vacation, and I decided to let him have his post back. I served with him as a vice leader for a while, and then I eventually had to take off to job corps. Well naturally being gone from forums I had decided to leave TET.

After my return from Job Corps I restarted Honest1 Productions, and this time it was a success. It had many members, and a team that can still stand proud today. I was proud of that bunch, and am happy to see them strive even today in the duties they do today. Many of them came over to join TET during the merger between the teams, and I got to once again experience leadership.

One of my new major accomplishments had been TETau. I ran the teams for a while, but real life got hectic. When I started playing runescape I was 14-15 , but I've gotten a lot older since then, and as my job and life became more hectic I gave it up to people I knew better suited with more time.

I look at TET and TETAU now, and I have no regrets, and I am very happy with the people running it. I hope that you all run the program the way you have, and continue to make tip.it a fun place.

Well with TET gone from my life, and the hectics of my schedule I have dropped members, and I have logged out of my account with no plans of coming back. I want to thank Tip.it as a community for giving me a great 6 years to really remember.

Those of you who where my friends, or even those of you who supported me I wish you luck, and its been a pleasure knowing all of you. I will still be popping onto IRC from time to time, but my runescape life has come to its end, and its like any aspect of a great story at one point it all has to end.

I'll give credit to a few friends, but I know damn well I'm going to miss people, and I apologize for that as there's just to many of you to list. The people I'm listing now are just long term friends.

Spooferfish: Damn dude its been an adventure. You've had your crazy moments, and I've had mine. From lvl 40 fishing to now through all my events, and all my crazy goals and schemes you've believed in me and encouraged me. Remember the penguin army, and remember the days at the docks :)

The sith: You've helped me a lot on tip.it. I remember when I first got exposed to leading an events team I had my own doubts in myself that I had to learn to overcome, and I am glad you helped me find myself. Thanks bud.

Alderon: We've had our ups and downs, and you've put up with a lot of my bantering, but you've been a pretty good guy, and I wish you luck with all your future endeavors. One of my favorite phrases is from the movie star trek, and I repeat it now "Live long and prosper"

ZidaneCT: You're crazy, and you'll always be crazy, but your craze has always brought some great times to tip.it, and I know that there is no barrier you can't cross.

Sheynara: You've got some work ahead of you, but with your workaholic attitude and your stubbornness I know you'll accomplish everything. I can't think of a better person to be running TET. Keep up the great work.

Tip.it Community: I damn well know I missed probably 200 names, but I would rather not type a post that'll take you all 2 days to read. It gets boring. I know though that if TIF continues to be strong, and encourage each other that a strong friendship will be formed. Keep enjoying the TET events it is a great way to make friends, and stay out of trouble. I wish you all luck.

Goodbye and good luck :)

-Honest1

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodbye, but i know that every going away post gets locked, including mine once, so technically this isn't any different.

Goodbye anyway though. G'luck irl

Dagannoth Slayer

signaturegm1.png

Thankyou for everything you have done for TET and Tip.It Honest1, I for one will miss you a lot.

Don't be a stranger ok, I'm still around if you ever decide to pop back in and take a stroll around F2P.

You are a good friend and a great person. Keep on smiling and I hope that whatever life throws at you, that it will be full of happiness and enjoyment.

<3:<3:<3:<3:

Lotsa love

Shey

shey.png

Goodbye, but i know that every going away post gets locked, including mine once, so technically this isn't any different.

Goodbye anyway though. G'luck irl

This post won't get locked, but thanks for the concern.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

well i've never really known you, but i've always known you were an important member in tip.it and i have always like your sig, we must all remember though that no matter how much we like runescape it will come to an end some day, cya around

legends2.jpg

Might want to put that note at the top :wink: Missed it the first time. Sorry to hear that you decided to leave :(

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Didn't know you personally, but I remember seeing your name when I first read these boards about a handful of years ago.

Enjoy your life.

<3 fishing

sig3bh7.png

Bye :(

you probebly dont remember me, but you helped me out a lot in mIRC with random stuff. you were always very nice.

btw, who is the dj of that song, isnt it pandemonium?

::edit::

it is :P

i found it in my itunes ::'

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Honest1, I thank you for giving me the chances that you gave me with Tip.it Events Team. You were the one who accepted me into the team. It was your Firefest that made me want to be a TET Events Host, it was YOU who helped me to have fun in the times when nothing was looking that fun. I will always remember how you could, and would keep the TET hosts in happy spirits. Even when we lost our dear Shiva. I thank you for all you have done in this game. And I wish you the best of luck in life, and that you touch just as much people there as you did here. You truely were my inspiration.

Thanks A Bunch

~Troj

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

From RPHC, to TET, to Honest1 Productions in between, and not to forget your journey and achievement of 99 Fishing - you've always been one who proudly wanted to bring fun to the Tip.it Community.

I remember vouching for you to bring you into TET, shortly after it was founded with the fall of Scapeboard. Who would have known the impact you would have amongst us?

Your "Retired TET Member" custom title shines proudly for all us ex-members without it, and I hope it inspires today's TET generation whom we've passed the torch to - as what one can achieve within one's event hosting career.

Keep on being honest; keep on being dedicated to the endeavors in your life, as you were in your service to TET. Feel free to stop by my events when you get the chance.

In real life and any new games you come across - I wish you the best of luck.

~ZidaneCT (RPHC Founder, ex TET Founder & Member, Tip.it Troll)

edba9.jpg

~ Proud Original Founder of the Tip.it Events Team (TET) ~

~ Leader of the Runescape Party Host Committee (RPHC) ~

"There's no such thing as a never-ending story," You murmured as you looked away...

Many congratulations on 99 fishing (and about 9k more XP), Honest1. It must have been a daunting task.

May your life be filled with adventure like in RuneScape. May your friendships with Tip.it members and real life people alike be filled with kindness. And... may your life be filled with Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy references? :D

I will forever remember the Firefest, and the Attack of the Nulls, as those were events I helped coordinate as a part of the former TET. I still have videos I took of them with Camtasia, too. They're on a CD, clearly labeled.

"So long, and thanks for all the fish!" [en.wikipedia.org]

Side note: Why was this moved from General to General Members?

vaporeon-sig.png