Post your (without guide) quest gear here!

Will H

Ever since the beginning of the idea of quests, the race to becoming the first person in the game to complete a quest when it is released has become quite a popular one, and now ever since the skillcape update, the need to upkeep your 'Master quester' status has an awesome cape to go along with it, giving more need to finish a quest straight after release. Of course, this means that you cannot use a guide for it whether you want to or not (even tip.iters are only human... I think!).

So this requires some sort of all-rounder gear which prepares you for the worst. You need a balance between light gear (running for faster finishes and the ability to run from unexpected dangerous situations), defence (for killing the monsters you may encounter), attack (a comprimise between magic, ranged and melee to prepare you for the different styles of attacking monster), value of items (in case you die) and inventory space.

However, it is impossible to have all of these factors at maximum effectivness, such as heavy armour and light gear conflict, you can either have one or the other.

So, picture this situation. You have a quest cape, and a 'master' quest is released. You are keen to finish this quest on the day of release, but what do you take? As a note, the info about the quest is quite ambiguous apart from the info that you will face some very hard challenges. Post what you would bring, and if possible rate your questing career using this scale:

Novice - You have virually no experience in quests.

Intermediate - You have either just started questing or have started and given up.

Experienced - You have progressed though the ranks of the questers and enjoy doing them on a frequent basis, and have completed most of the quests. However, you rarely touch on the 'master' quests.

Master - You have completed the vast majority of the quests and have plenty of QP under your belt, including some 'master' titles. However, you are still to get the coveted QP cape.

Caped Master - You have the QP cape, or have very recently had the QP cape and continue to attempt quests straight after knowledge of release.

Personally, I am an experienced quester. This rating is to evaluate whether your Questing gear is tried and tested enough to be able to be used in some of the harder quests.

Post away!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I normally start the quest in whatever I have on at the time, then i will bank and get the bits I need as I find out what I need,

a lot of the more recent quest seem to provide you with some of the basic items like tinderboxes and stuff around the area of the quest.

Also completed the Achievement Diary :thumbsup:

Funny thing is I keep sets of rune in my bank and tell myself they are for quests, so I don't take my best stuff in I always end up wearing my best stuff though.

One thing I always make sure I have is at lease 4 monks at the bottom of my inventory an ecto & Staff for fairy rings.

Caped Master I guess that's what I am.

Good idea, but do you take any other things with you just in case, say a rope incase an agility obstacle pops up? Hang, on, what about those rogue kits? Anybody use those?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I usually adjust my equipment to the quest requirements. For instance, if a construction level is required, I'm sure to bring a hammer. If the quest page doesn't mention beasts, I don't usually bother with armor.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

At lease 4 monks at the bottom of my inventory an ecto & Staff for fairy rings

Sometimes Mithril grapple, as for the rogue kits if I had a load maybe but kinda pointless, you find yourself on a part of a quest and you need a spade so you use your kit, next thing you need a chisel so you have to bank anyway :XD:

you cant go wrong with full rune 8-) with a zerker helmet and black dhide in my invent.although its been a while since i did a quest without a guide but if i am online during a quest update i can do then its that setup.

wouldnt risk any other type of armour unless i saw someone with about the same combat level as me with the quest reward

tifsdac6mc.gif

as long the quest is not one that mentions killing a big leveled monster or something like that, i just wear my outfit from the start, it weights ca 10kg, might swap my gnome boots with lightness...

i always take as many teleports i can, for every situation, and a glory is always important, as if i need something i don't have, i'll just teleport to edge ( close to bank and fairy rings)

i always check what levels is needed for the quest, and that way, i can manage to get an hammer , saw or something like that with me...

i used to take a rouge kit with me earlier, but it's not really worth it... seing the time used in rouges den to get it, compared with the time it takes to tele to edgeville and get the item.

btw, some (super) energy potions always come in handy if i want to finish the quest fast. (oh, if i just remembered those at olaf's quest)

well.. what to say, i'm a caped master, and i just love quests ::'

Scherzo.png

you cant go wrong with full rune 8-) with a zerker helmet and black dhide in my invent.although its been a while since i did a quest without a guide but if i am online during a quest update i can do then its that setup.

wouldnt risk any other type of armour unless i saw someone with about the same combat level as me with the quest reward

Okay, good idea. I personally actually use the setup in my sig. This is simply because it is protection for a quick getaway, not for fighting. The proselyte armour is for a prayer bonus to stick on a protection prayer, the mind helm/shield is to negate the negative magic defence bonus of the armour, and the d long is a simple all rounder weapon. Also, the armour is relatively cheap. However, if I know that the monster I am about to fight is in my easy fighting range, with little chance of death with the correct defence, I bring:

D med, g plate, rune legs, rune boots, d long, dds, and my painted kite <3:, along with a fairly full invent of lobbies and a quick teleport (normally one which is near the quest area).

~ W ~

sigzi.png

By your ranking, I'm a quest master (only 13 to go :P ) and on the rare occasion I do a quest without a guide (I know, I know, but it's such a hard habit to break. That, and Tip.It's guide are great), I'll wear Prosleyte with Helm of Nientzot (sp?), Guthix Book (the only one I can afford), anti pot, ecto (just in case) and a few lobbies. I'll sometimes take some tellies close to the quest location if I have them, and my hunter cape and Boots of Lightness.

Sam10187.gif

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that know binary and those that have a social life

By your ranking, I'm a quest master (only 13 to go :P ) and on the rare occasion I do a quest without a guide (I know, I know, but it's such a hard habit to break. That, and Tip.It's guide are great), I'll wear Prosleyte with Helm of Nientzot (sp?), Guthix Book (the only one I can afford), anti pot, ecto (just in case) and a few lobbies. I'll sometimes take some tellies close to the quest location if I have them, and my hunter cape and Boots of Lightness.

Exactly my gear. Only the lobsters I switch for monkfish \' Proselyte is good for everything armour. Cheap, strong, prayer bonus. The guthix book may be swapped for zamarok of saramodin to :P depends on requirements. But usualy zamarok, if there is no high level monster to fight.

I always take a Spade, hammer, chisel, knife with me. And a house teleport as I have all portals and a mounted glory and altar in there. Also, much more important: ALL TOOL STORES (all the items you ever need!)

That is basicly it!

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

i am a Caped Master by your guid :thumbsup:

what i use for quests are full rune with a d scimmy and rune defender legends cape and rune boots, glory ammy(4), a warrior ring barrow gloves, i have 4 monks with me at all times a few varrock tele tabs. the rest if filled up by what i need after i start the quest

edit: ever since i got the cape i bring that with me aswell so as soon as i finish i can wear it again

13zwenn.png

im a cape master and i usually start quests in either d hide or ghost robes. depending on what skills are required you know what items to bring. super energies,super anti and maby a sara brew or 2. house tele tabs for tool stores and teleports.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

I usually take a rouge kit, and some rope, as well as aurmour, food, and pots, oh, and can't forget the teleports.

and I am a cape quester, I finish most quests on the day of release, or close, without a guide.

I'm a Master quester and I usually bring a combination of karils and veracs to quests, always bring magic short with rune arrows, dds, prayer pot, antipot, laws and elemental runes, and a glory / cwar ring so I can get most of the places they might send me, I also usually bring some random quest gear if I don't know exactly what's needed, items like rope, spade, etc...

ohw and I forgot: a few monkfish of course :P

I usually wait until a guide comes out :P

I wear boots of lightness and a hunter cape. If there's a low level thing I bring a whip, medium level black d hide, and high level I just get up to that point in the quest, they go grab pots & armor & food etc for the fight

Without a guide, I'd also bring like 1k, ring of charos, lunar staff, glory, several sets of house teleport runes (I have all the different portals in my house), plus a tinderbox, rope, hatchet, pickax etc

First off I always bring my standard equipment for anywhere that I am (questing and not questing alike) which is 5k, air runes, water runes, earth runes, fire runes and law runes.

For a quest i'll usually wear my torags and go get my obsidian cape out of the house to wear until I can put my QP cape back on.

I'll bring a couple lobsters just incase I run into some unexpected fighting or something, but besides that I wait until I know what I need then go to the bank and get it.

Caped Master btw :)

Masterd99.png

Quest Cape - 10/18/2006

I usually wear the following:

Beserker Helmet

Black Dragonhide Body and Chaps

Firemaking Cape

Amulet of Glory (4)

Climbing Boots

Rune Gloves (Best Rfd glove I can use)

DDS

Rune Defender

In my inventory I usually have any quest-related items I need, a House Teleport Tabs, a few Energy Pots, and some Sharks.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Caped Master according to your grading.

Usually I bring Guthans, Holy Symb+Prayer of Deliverance from Poisons, a few Sharks, a Prayer Potion, 5 Home Tele Tabs, Boots of Lightness, Spotty Cape, Penance/Karam3 gloves. Phoenix Necklace and Ring of Life are also very useful.

Depending on the quest, I bring certain things that the requirements usually "hint."

An example of what other items to bring, if the quest mentions anything about Mines or Dwarves, Pickaxe, Rope and Lightsource, if it is to do with Barbarians or Villagers, I bring extra teleports.

If it hints at using Magic, I bring a few runes and change to Modern Magicks, if it hints a magical being, Karils for the defence.

Always can't go wrong with Saradomin Brews for an emergency.

New quests? I usually wear black d hide armour, dds, boots of lightness and spotted cape. Two sharks at bottom of inventory, duelling ring and one-click tele (Fally or Ardougne) for emergencies. Wc axe, spade, etc. (both came in handy with the last quest).

It also depends on where the quest is based. In the desert, I'll take waterskins. If it hints at being underground, tinderbox and light source.

Owner of quest cape since introduction.

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

Most of what is said sounds good in my ears. Try to figure out if a spade or a hammer is needed and save a walk to the bank. Not wearing expensive gear and so on.

One item is very usefull: Ring of Life.

There can be some tricky things which you are not prepared for in a new quest. They might not be a problem as soon as you have figured out how to handle them, but for the first attempt wear Ring of Life instead of Ring of Wealth or the like. ROW don't have much use during quests anyway.

Take that from a QP owner (achievements completed too).

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png

Most of what is said sounds good in my ears. Try to figure out if a spade or a hammer is needed and save a walk to the bank. Not wearing expensive gear and so on.

One item is very usefull: Ring of Life.

There can be some tricky things which you are not prepared for in a new quest. They might not be a problem as soon as you have figured out how to handle them, but for the first attempt wear Ring of Life instead of Ring of Wealth or the like. ROW don't have much use during quests anyway.

Take that from a QP owner (achievements completed too).

Oh, a new quest just came up as i was writing. Off we go then (puts on Ring of Life).

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png