The Evolution of Varrock! (Now with NEW Varrock pics!)

eyehawk78

great thread..oh and in the classic pics you gotta love the bronze med eh?

Hehe, some guy wouldn't leave me alone about my Rune helmet, made a bit of money off it though. All I had left in my bank was a bronze med.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why but for some reason the classic picture of Varrock Museum bought back a lot of memories. Seeing those items on the floor just made me think back to my early days where getting things such as that was always such a happy moment :cry:

I like the old style of walls better then the new one.. and the grass looks deadish, kind of like Morytania.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

OMG! This is so nice. Love the update. I have not seen Varrock yet but I will see it as soon as possible. The museum looks like a real work of art and a place they put a lot of time into. I also like what they did with the fountain.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

why do so many of the picture no longer work? I can't get on runescape for a while, and I want to see what the new varrock looks like.

fathertime89.png

Smithing-48 strength-66 Ranged-47 Magic-55

Humor is reason gone mad- Groucho Marx

I am a nobody and nobody is perfect, therefore I am perfect.

Some of these graphical updates look alot worse then they did in the first place. Jagex left out alot of details which could have made Varrok look alot nicer.

I'll pick apart some of these pictures: Some of the more uglier ones.

East bank: Ramp is soo short.. so ugly as well. They should have kept the detailed railings, leading up towards the bank and then following the frontside of it.

West bank doesn't look much better, anyone who says this place looks like Canfis now it sure does. Jagex made the stone walls too dark, they should've increased the contrast or something along those lines. And kept the flowers!

The castle garden, the grass looks like its about to :-X

The "fountain" beside the eastern anvils isn't even a bloody fountain anymore. Isn't varrok supposed to be a wealthy town? Why is there a water source you'd expect to see at a camping site there?

Eh overall it looks pretty good, they should've brightened it SLIGHTLY (we don't need another Falador) kept the older fountains, and kept some of the details that set varrok apart from everywhere else. I miss the old handrailings leading upto the western bank in particular.

I like the old style of walls better then the new one.. and the grass looks deadish, kind of like Morytania.

I agree. Honestly... the only things I like about the graphical "update" is the new fountain in the square (I liked the old one too, but this one is better) and the part of the museum that I can access.

This update was a step backwards. In my opinion.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

the museum is absolutely beautiful and interactive! i love it!

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I agree. Honestly... the only things I like about the graphical "update" is the new fountain in the square (I liked the old one too, but this one is better) and the part of the museum that I can access.

This update was a step backwards. In my opinion.

I have to agree with the exception that the slums look much more ghetto now. Still, the stone shape, size and texture makes them appear rather childish compared to the no-nonsense stone used in Falador. Plus the Gypsis's tent looks like a giant piece of purple cow [cabbage].

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster

just wanted to inform you, the varrock center used to have a huge tree in the middle - jagex changed that to a fountain because the tree would hide peoples words as they tried to sell things

I thought that tree was just there during Christmas one year?

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster