Bubsa Sings for Charity: What happened next.

Bubsa

I leave the forums for 2 days to go to a retrofest and I come back to see a tribute song about me?!

You guys are freakin' awesome!

Suzi and Matt, a deal: If you promise to record yourselves singing that song, then I promise to record myself dancing to it in a thong, and putting it as the intro video for my website.

Deal or No deal?

Deal ;)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to change the album cover, that way you can appeal to the Runescape player market-because lots of people won't be buying it because you're naked meaning they won't take it seriously. If you had a picture of the KBD rapping or something you might actually make some serious money off some people, not just from your friends.

Think about how many millions of RS players their are and look at your sales, you need to suit the audience.

Funny story:

I was walking home from school with my friends, and one of my friends was really pissed off, so he asked if he could listen to my iPod. (dunno why, guess metal calms him down or something) He put it on shuffle, and starts listening. After like seven minutes, I'm guessing two or three songs, he's like "What teh F*** is this?" I look over, and see "'Runescape Paradise' by Bubsa " on the iPod screen. #-o "What? You don't know who Bubsa is? Just enjoy it, dude."

Who knows what he was/is still thinking, but the subject dropped after that, and he listened to the rest of the track.

• 2 weeks later...

smegyoudiditagainvj0.png

Another brilliant month! You did it you guys, you're totally heroes!

I was expecting just a few more sales, but it's actually got better! Thank you once again.

The charity money for this month is going towards Cancer Research UK. As you may or may not know from reading a post I made a while ago, my girlfriend was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. The greatest moment I've shared with her was getting the all-clear, so I thought it would be a duty to donate money to this charity, so that more people in the world can hear those 2 wonderful words.

Any requests for charities for next month (assuming this thing keeps rolling!) are most welcome. One month might have to be a London Marathon month too. That's right, the marathong's coming back out ;)

Once again, thank you to all of you who have supported this little project. Tell your friends and hopefully my humiliation can raise just a little bit more ^-^

I'm thinking that I'm gonna finally give those songs a test drive and if I like em, buy em. But, I would love you forever if at one month or another you can to The ALS Association. My Grandfather died of that when I was 6, so it's a bit personal, but also it's a horrible disease.

For those of who who don't know, ALS is also called Lou Gehrig's Disease. You can find it about it from the link I posted or a search engine search, but in a nutshell, you body slowly (or rapidly) deteriorates and your mind stays in tact. So, constant pain and slowly, consiously watching your body cease to function... ghastly.

Edit: If anyone is interested; Tuesdays With Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, And Life's Greatest Lesson By Mitch Albom is a great book that gives an insight to a man suffering from ALS (though his progressed much faster than my Grandfather's). I also believe that some kind of movie, television or otherwise, was made of the book. I don't know though.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Thats really good news bubs. Well done.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• 4 weeks later...

tunecorekb7.png

That's nearly $500! Thanks so much guys!!

This month, the money is going to the request of deathlord552:

I'm thinking that I'm gonna finally give those songs a test drive and if I like em, buy em. But, I would love you forever if at one month or another you can to The ALS Association. My Grandfather died of that when I was 6, so it's a bit personal, but also it's a horrible disease.

For those of who who don't know, ALS is also called Lou Gehrig's Disease. You can find it about it from the link I posted or a search engine search, but in a nutshell, you body slowly (or rapidly) deteriorates and your mind stays in tact. So, constant pain and slowly, consiously watching your body cease to function... ghastly.

Edit: If anyone is interested; Tuesdays With Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, And Life's Greatest Lesson By Mitch Albom is a great book that gives an insight to a man suffering from ALS (though his progressed much faster than my Grandfather's). I also believe that some kind of movie, television or otherwise, was made of the book. I don't know though.

It's a great cause and, after some research, the way they conduct their work and their incredibly low administration cost gave me even more belief in the charity. Thanks deathlord, hopefully all the money everyone one of you have all raised will go some way to helping them. ^_^

So when is your photoshoot for Playgirl? I'm sure a thong wearing marathon runner as a centrefold could raise thousands of dollars.

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:

Well done on the amount I'm so proud of you :D

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

• 3 weeks later...

lol i'm still listing to 'em.

For $10 it's worth it by far, their HILARIOUS!

(itunes just shuffled to one of your songs.. conencidence :o)

<3:

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great