18 June 2007 - The Dragonfire Shield and Game Improvements

Uula

why should this be locked?

on topic: the shield looks awesome, just hope it is a rare drop and not too common... gives me an excuse to raise my prayer for barrows :thumbsup:

and am i the only one excited when it saves your fighting style when you log out?

doublebirdsnestsny7.png

Best nest to date, two in one swing...

1,001st to 99 Firemaking.

3 Barrows drops: Torags legs, Dharoks legs, Veracs plateskirt

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shyouldn't this be locked? :-k

No, because this was the first topic about the update, and also the main update topic.

The crossbow update is making me regret dropping the thousands of bolts I used to have. I just recently made a rune crossbow, and it's looking like it'll be quite a bit better than before. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it comes out, then make a bunch of bolts.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Wow Ranged is good now...

with pking gear its 166 ranged bonus

and with dragon tip i can hit maybe 40+?

an once in a while a spec..

Rune xbow +90

Karils xbow +84

Lets see how long will it be nerfed which i hope not

RANGED ROCKS!

huh?

rune xbow is now +90 range bonus?

gimpbaraf2.png

171053881LSKUser.png

Click My Signature For Training Guide/LSK respectively.

Rhahah! And I who bought a Rune CBow for just 20k months ago and has a very nice collection of different bolts indeed! I am the luckiest Ranger in Runescape!

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

Wow Ranged is good now...

with pking gear its 166 ranged bonus

and with dragon tip i can hit maybe 40+?

an once in a while a spec..

Rune xbow +90

Karils xbow +84

Lets see how long will it be nerfed which i hope not

RANGED ROCKS!

huh?

rune xbow is now +90 range bonus?

Correct.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

Personally, I think this update is the best in a long time. I haven't seen near as many complainers yet, which is great.

"String-X" will be a great help to fletchers (although I've seen those already 99 complain about their carpal tunnel :P ).

The crossbows finally have a reason to be used (time to pull out those mithril bolts I've been saving...).

If I could access Mos Le'Harmless, I'd totally combine my mime mask with a beret. That would be sweet.

And if I had 75 defence, I'd be rushing out there this instant to get one of those shields. They look incredible.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go get my pet rock back... "Here boy, go fetch!" :D

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

FINALLY! When i can use a Rune Crossbow I'll actually WANt to!

I hope the bolts wont skyrocket in price :S

ill just use silver probably, (silver FTW!)

Law running is easier now! Yay!

FINALLY! We can look like those random events! If only i kept my black beret or had a black cav. :uhh:

The new shield should shut some people up for a while!

Time to check the Official forums for any rants!

-Jamie

kirbyoptim.jpg

Sig by me :D

1337 total as of 3/2/08 at 14 : 52 GMT. Recieved 1338 total 32 minutes later

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

Barrow drops: (2) - Verac's Brassard, Ahrim's Hood

If Jagex keeps updating like this, I might actually start enjoying this game a lot more. So far, I am happy with this month. In fact, the remaining update(s) could be junk and I would still be satisfied with the month as a whole.

Well done Jagex. =D>

In other news, I'm not sure how to feel about stringing...I mean, yeah it IS convenient I guess...but the speed of it is unbearably slow.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

If Jagex keeps updating like this, I might actually start enjoying this game a lot more. So far, I am happy with this month. In fact, the remaining update(s) could be junk and I would still be satisfied with the month as a whole.

Well done Jagex. =D>

In other news, I'm not sure how to feel about stringing...I mean, yeah it IS convenient I guess...but the speed of it is unbearably slow.

Tuesday june 19th

We have removed combat from the game, and runescape shall now be called farmscape

sigsn9.jpg

Zoope 666

18-Jun-2007 13:16:53

come to wolrd 138 edge noobs andi'll show you!

Thats the guy in the pic, from his post on the RSOF, currently the highest bid for the shield is 2 santas.

Which is my not compledely thorough bid, I told him I might give him 2 santas for it. He goes and posts it on forums lol :P

So what do you people think, should I buy it for 2 santas ? I mean it seems to be quite rare and better then 3rd age which is extremely costly as well....

Advice please :)

personally i wouldnt even give him 1 santa for it.unlike 3rd age kites theyre dropped by monsters so theyres a lot more chances of them entering the market.santas wont return so i would spend that muchon a shield

lol thats exactly what i was about to say

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

With iron bolts and a rune c bow, black d hide, dark gloves, snakeskin boots, zammy book, archer helm, and glory, I am maxing out at 15s without prayer or pot at 81 range, the new update is pretty amazing if you ask me.

Edit- with steel bolts I've hit up to an 18 with no prayer and a 21 with prayer

with addy and prayer I hit a 26 and 23

and the mith seem to be glitched, every time I shoot with them the special works (the enchanted poisen spec) but without prayer I hit a 20!

Getting another sig

[removed]

Where is the Pirate Hat and Eye-patch!?

Pirate Hat/Patch is kind've old, but here's both of them :o

maskle9.png

Zorro Mask 8-) :lol:

i think its a waste of the cav...

A waste? Why? If you dont like it dont get one, and those that do get one but change their mind can get it unsewed so its tradable again

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Well done Jagex. =D>

Tuesday june 19th

We have removed combat from the game, and runescape shall now be called farmscape

Amen! :ohnoes:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

It is a bit slower, but, for someone with a comp as slow as mine, it's pretty good :P

They just need to make a way for people to go back to stringing each individual bow for those who want the faster experience.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Now these are what I call "updates"!! :thumbsup:

Jagex fixes just some of the small things which I thought really needed updating. :P

It is a bit slower, but, for someone with a comp as slow as mine, it's pretty good :P

Also pretty good for people that don't like clicking too much. As is collecting ectoplasm from the pool.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.