Melzar's Maze now inaccessible?

Jard_Y_Dooku

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, they took down one of the best training spots for f2p. well we still got lessers and moss giants. :)

Wow Jagex is stupid, and why do you have zezima added?

Because he's a friend of mine.

zezima has logged out

zezima has logged in

zezima has logged out

yep hes a friend all right...

This training spot for freeplayers isn't necessarily a good one; Ice Warriors are probably better by far.

Besides that, if you're not doing the quest, why'd you go there anyway?

he already said it, to get the new tunes.

Sorry about that. I missed that part of it.

Note to self: Skimming through posts while distracted is a bad idea.

1 word: pures...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

They really did changed the quest alot. I saw someone kill elvarg yesterday on members and he said he got Elvarg's head as a drop :o

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I'm proud of you guys. :)

After reading the first page, I expected this to turn into a 'I love Zezima thread', but everyone

has managed to stay mostly on topic so far. Although this makes me kind of a hypocrite ...

Anyway, ON TOPIC! I never really found any advantage in using Melzar's Maze. I didn't know there

were ghosts there, I always killed them in the other places with 1-2 spawns. Maybe this is an oversight

and they didn't really intend to lock us out, but more likely, they don't want people bringing friends

to help with Dragon Slayer. It's supposed to be the hardest F2P quest, and where's the thrill if you

know your friend can get your stuff if the Lesser Demon kills you? (For me personally that Lesser

was harder than the dang dragon.)

I died to that dragon and used 20 swordies the second try :P .

Stupid you can't enter it again, it was fun to do.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I'm proud of you guys. :)

It's supposed to be the hardest F2P quest, and where's the thrill if you

know your friend can get your stuff if the Lesser Demon kills you? (For me personally that Lesser

was harder than the dang dragon.)

Yeah that's true, I helped alot of friends do that quest, going down there with them and all. Also got a little help myself I think (like someone lowering the demon's health just above half XD). And the demon was harder than the dragon, that's for sure.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

well that bites, the floor up was the best place to kill ghosts for burthroped slayer assignments. Oh well, I have 99 already so it doesn't hurt me :o

That's what I was thinking too, that sucks.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Well, you can get ur music filled...witch most members thats all they want in there...it was built for the quests not as a training ground.

--Swagger_G :-w

no not entirley if they wanted it a quest only area why would the sell the key at the legends guild?

(legends requires heros and heros requires d slayer if you didnt know)

Well, you can get ur music filled...witch most members thats all they want in there...it was built for the quests not as a training ground.

--Swagger_G :-w

no not entirley if they wanted it a quest only area why would the sell the key at the legends guild?

(legends requires heros and heros requires d slayer if you didnt know)

That's a really good point, what's the point in having the key in legends guild if by the time you can buy it you can no longer really use it anyway, unless you want to kill rats..? o_O

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I'm confused about one thing, you said you killed a ton of rats, but THEN you get the message that you can't attack them? which is it, you can or can't kill them?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm confused about one thing, you said you killed a ton of rats, but THEN you get the message that you can't attack them? which is it, you can or can't kill them?

There's probably a specific one that drops the key and that's the one he can't kill. That's what I got out of it atleast.

That is weird that they'd do something like that.

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

Why don't we just get really pissed at each other over zezima? I love it when that happens :wall:

On topic: Dang....that really sucks. That was one of my main ways for training pures. As said before p2p is really Jagex's main focus atm....f2p is in the dumps atm :(

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

There's probably a specific one that drops the key and that's the one he can't kill. That's what I got out of it atleast.

That is weird that they'd do something like that.

Yes and yes.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

It makes sense to me. A rat would spawn and a specific spawn point, or a random rat will have the key. It's because the rat has the key on the drop list or doesn't. I imagine you could kill 1000s of those rats, and would never get the key from them except the ones that would now give you the message. Its because of how they code the drop lists probably.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

We can still get the maze key... but it's been made useless. It makes no sense to still offer the key if you can only go as far as the rats and if only to get the music.

And I suppose they could just do this:

if (Player.Quests["Dragon Slayer"].completed == true)

{

AllPlayers.Music["Melzar's Maze"].unlock();

}

So why's the key still available? That's why this makes no sense.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

wow, jagex gets rid of another training spot for f2p.

Although the p2p updates are amazing right now, f2p is definitely getting the shaft.

good f2p is a demo

LOL invite? PM me :)

nosailing.png

Maxed Kitten.png

Wow Jagex is stupid, and why do you have zezima added?

O.o You have quite the eye to see that. I had to scroll up to see what you were talking about.

Jard is actually somewhat of a friend of Zezimas.

Anyways, I know cause I once asked Jard for a cheap place to get Saradomin Brews. Ended up buying them off Zezima.

So no, he isn't just randomly adding names to his list. :\