Fight Caves Nerfed

muggiwhplar

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you refer me to a link to a thread with your old video series? I think I downloaded and watched them but I'd like to make sure I was watching the right videos.

Don't have links to them anymore, I'd have to re-upload them :?

I'm counting on you. :XD:

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Wouldn't it still be possible using ancient magicks? Would at least make the safespotting somewhat easier.

Though for 1 def pures... :uhh: Might be hardly possible to get for them now.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

hope its a bug... *waits till it get fixed*

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I'm actually glad I got my cape this passed Sunday, then. Dealing with a diagonal attacking TzTok-Jad would've been unpleasant.

I don't honestly think that it'll be harder for the higher levels and those with defense, like muggi said, it'd be the pures that suffer.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Bah, I just bought my freakin pots for the fight caves yesterday and I was gonna do it today :x . I guess I'll do barrows or somethin until muggi uploads the videos without luring; I never learned that method, mainly becaue I started my attempts 3 ago.

Also, in the "in other news" section, they said that stats will restore like normal if you have an interface open like a skill screen. Does anyone know if prayer will still drain if you do the same thing?

This is my original signature. You can't touch this.

just when i was getting ready for it BLEEP you jagex BLEEP you big time

At least now I have an excuse for not trying to get one of those capes. :ohnoes:

Seriously, both of you have 90+ combat skills -and- high prayer -and- high ranged ... have either of you two ever even tried it? Unless you're attempting it without use of any guides on purpose; your reactions are waaaayyyy out of proportion :-s

P2P :: 1836 ST :: 91 MAGE :: 90 RANGE :: 85 PRAY :: 245 QP :: 124 CMB

i think it's a good thing now. i hate seeing pures with a pure cape, just boils my blood. they should not be able to accomplish the hardest series of fights in the game just because they are cowards and stay away from attacks. you have to fight, not shoot arrows from behind a rock.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Trojann pointed this out to me - all the monsters now move diagonally (same applies to DKs). To those of you who "lured" monsters to get your cape, you know what this means :ohnoes:

Time to come up with another method on how to get the cape w/o defence since it's seemingly impossible right now >_>

I guess it was the point of the update, Jagex never really liked no-defence pures :-$ They're not against them but maybe they think they dont deserve the best rewards..

That OR:

They didnt intend to make it harder, they were just updating the monsters to make them smarter, improving the whole game at a time

Exactly.. they didn't do it to hurt pures, did it to improve the game.. it changed the way the Rex walks to, so mages have a new safespot there also.

genielampsiggv7.jpg

Shot at 2007-07-23

All this means is I will never get a Fire Cape, ever.

Big deal, right? :D :) :? :| :( :cry:

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

*RUBBING MY CHEEKS*

I'm glad i got my fire cape year ago and after this announcement.. I'm gonna hold into it!

GL on new tries.. It's gonna be hard!

Runiteknite.png

Runiteknite.png

Total amount of rare drops: 220 ~ Earned over 1.5 Billion from Godwars Dungeon

Ranked 14th in Construction + Best construction level in Finland.

I have a question to all of you who already have a fire cape and who think that this update is good as it'll prevent the 'noobs' from getting one: Would you be willing to redo the fight caves as they are now?

well, look at my stats and you'll see that i'm DEFINATELY not ready for the fight caves, but i think it's a good thing for honest players who don't attempt it with pures because it offers more of a challenge. someone actually said that there was no challenge to runescape, his sig said WoW is better than rs, but if there wasn't before, there most certainly is now.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I have a question to all of you who already have a fire cape and who think that this update is good as it'll prevent the 'noobs' from getting one: Would you be willing to redo the fight caves as they are now?

well, look at my stats and you'll see that i'm DEFINATELY not ready for the fight caves, but i think it's a good thing for honest players who don't attempt it with pures because it offers more of a challenge. someone actually said that there was no challenge to runescape, his sig said WoW is better than rs, but if there wasn't before, there most certainly is now.

HEY! i take offence to that sir, IAM an honest player and i was going to get a fire cape on my pure, YOU sir are ignorant if you lump all pures into one group, I HAVE NEVER traded items over from one account to the other ( i think that is what you were meaning with that honest players crack because i remember that being a huge issue in rsc) i have made all my money on my pure by pking and skilling and i DISLIKE ppl complaining how i train my guy.

i don't play psykick anymore... i play 2ed: "pure fett"

26081 to get 99 herblore

Thank goodness the pures cant get the came again. Hope they all die, they don't diserve it!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Now reading through this. Most of Tip.It General P2P is pathetic.

Hating on pures for no reason. Because you suck at PK'Ing, because a level 75 has the same Strength as a level 110, because they own you in fair Combat, doesn't mean they are bad or unworthy.

They don't deserve it?

Are you [bleep]ing kidding me? It is 10x harder as a Pure to get the Cape before, now unless your near maxed it's probably impossible.

Pures aren't doing anything wrong by not training Defence. Thats like saying someone is doing something wrong by not training Herblore or Thieving/Agility, which a lot of people don't.

I want one of you Pure-Haters to respond to this with a real argument.

Seriously, both of you have 90+ combat skills -and- high prayer -and- high ranged ... have either of you two ever even tried it? Unless you're attempting it without use of any guides on purpose; your reactions are waaaayyyy out of proportion :-s

What are you chatting about, i cant get cos of my connection, if i lag and they spawn different i will end up dieing so dont say our reaction are out of proportion

FOO

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Hating on pures for no reason. Because you suck at PK'Ing, because a level 75 has the same Strength as a level 110, because they own you in fair Combat, doesn't mean they are bad or unworthy.

They don't deserve it?

Are you [bleep] kidding me? It is 10x harder as a Pure to get the Cape before, now unless your near maxed it's probably impossible.

Pures aren't doing anything wrong by not training Defence. Thats like saying someone is doing something wrong by not training Herblore or Thieving/Agility, which a lot of people don't.

pures are created for the general purpose of pking, puting millions of gp into training them to make about 100k gp by pking, when you could just as easily make much more money in less time picking flax or doing skills. another arguement for pures is that pking is fun, if so then do it on your main. there's no reason to make a pure besides crushing those who play fair, well balancing their skills and combat stats. pures are nothing but asn excuse to kill lower leveled and inexperienced players, because they have no chance of winning. if you pk on your main then there is a chance of being killed, thus pures are just cowards, and that's why they are undeserving of even a chance at a fire cape.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

They don't deserve it?

Are you [bleep] kidding me? It is 10x harder as a Pure to get the Cape before, now unless your near maxed it's probably impossible.

pures are created for the general purpose of pking, puting millions of gp into training them to make about 100k gp by pking, when you could just as easily make much more money in less time picking flax or doing skills. another arguement for pures is that pking is fun, if so then do it on your main. there's no reason to make a pure besides crushing those who play fair, well balancing their skills and combat stats. pures are nothing but asn excuse to kill lower leveled and inexperienced players, because they have no chance of winning. if you pk on your main then there is a chance of being killed, thus pures are just cowards, and that's why they are undeserving of even a chance at a fire cape.

Pures have as much right to earn a firecape as anyone else. :roll:

And since when does 'playing fair' consist of a balanced skill set? It is not a rule that you have to train non-combat skills, in a similar scenario you would be bashing skillers because they prefer not to train combat. I agree with Lakitsym Rose, just because it is harder for pures to get it now doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to. Maybe your prejudices are based on some radical experience you have had with someone that is pure, but I myself have met some very nice people who don't think that non combats are that important. :roll:

They don't deserve it?

What the hell is "unfair" about pures? Is there a rule against leaving your defense at level 1? All you are doing here is proving that you know absolutely nothing about the wilderness. Pures die all the time. Pures don't just fight ignorant new players like you, they fight other pures most of the time. Besides, a level 70 with balanced stats wouldn't be able to get pks even if there weren't any pures. :roll: Finally, it is very possible to make money pking. If you're really good, you can expect to walk out with a set of full rune each time you walk in. And a whip if you're lucky :pray: .

Ontopic, I'm now really angry that I got members 3 days ago but wanted to get my range higher before I tried :evil: . Maybe Jagex will listen and make monsters stupid again in the caves? I think muggi should create a topic on the RSOF (in case he hasn't already).

BY THE WAY muggi, your original guide (with its vids) is still in the archive of wisdom http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=462229

pures are created for the general purpose of pking, puting millions of gp into training them to make about 100k gp by pking, when you could just as easily make much more money in less time picking flax or doing skills.

Well that point makes you look like a moron considering you just said you hate us because we decide to lose money instead of making it Picking Flax.

another arguement for pures is that pking is fun, if so then do it on your main.

Being able to hit 29s at 68 Combat is a lot more interesting then being able to hit 35s at 100+. And this is my first RS2 Account.

there's no reason to make a pure besides crushing those who play fair, well balancing their skills and combat stats.
Lmao. You realize you confirmed my point that you just stink at PK'Ing? And most of the lower 80- PK'Ers are in P2P are Pures anyways. Non-Pures don't bring anything of worth in the Wild - Waste of Time.

pures are nothing but asn excuse to kill lower leveled and inexperienced players, because they have no chance of winning.
Pair me up vs a level 68 Non-Pure who knows how to PK, alright? I won't hit on them and he can hit about 20-25 with his DD assuming he'll be 60-65 Strength.

if you pk on your main then there is a chance of being killed, thus pures are just cowards
Now your just [developmentally delayed]ed. Pures have no Defence - They are incredibly easy to kill. Cowards? Your the one afraid of PK'Ing because you aren't good enough to fight a Pure.

and that's why they are undeserving of even a chance at a fire cape.
Don't be mad because you stink and can't get one yourself. And looking you up, me, 68 Combat PURE, you have Attack, Defence, Prayer, Fletching, Firemaking, and Mining.

Every single other stat of mine is higher then yours.

Thats right, a PURE is a better skiller then you.

Meaning some pures DO train skills. Look up I Cl4ssic I. He's a Pure. He own you in PK'Ing, Staking, and Skilling. Hell, I own you in skilling as well.