In light of King's Ransom: RESPAWN POINT discussion

Ts_Stormrage

Right now I have the choice of THREE respawn points.

Lumbridge:

Untill recently (RFD first, and then the guide updates) it had no bank, and hence was one of the least visited places in RS that still can be classified as civilization. After you unlock the Gnome Gliders you have quick access to them from Lumbridge, and thieving a human and buying a bronze axe form Bob will provide you with quick access to the Canoe's, paddling you up to Edgeville or even straight back into the Wild.

Falador:

Has been popular for a while, because it would finally mean a respawn near a bank, enabling you to fetch a teleport to anywhere you need really fast. In contrary to the Lumbridge and Camelot respawn points, this one does not put you at the spot of its respective teleport spot. I find little uses for this spot, other then quick access to Taverly dungeon.

Camelot:

The recent addition. It's not as good as people think, because even thought there is a bank nearby, so is there one in Lumbridge and Falador. It doesnt provide anything usefull in my opinion, except for flax autoers who need to respawn close to their field again :\

Future respawns:

I'm thinking at the end of the Plague series, we'll see a spawn in Ardougne. And possibly at the end of the Myreque series, in which you could possibly take back the werewolf town for humans, Canifis would be a nice place to come back to life...

What i'm really waiting for is a quick route between Seers and Rellekka's market place, or a respawn in Rellekka...

What do you guys think?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

after doing the quest i kepted my respawn point in fally and wont be changeing it anytimesoon but it would be nice ot respawn in ardy

on and there is a quick way to get to Rellekka's market place by useing a lyre

13zwenn.png

I like the Camelot Respawn alot.

1. Fishing Guild Is Close By to fish for food

2. Two close fairy rings close by to go to other areas

3. Seers Bank is the Fletching Capital so you can alch or fletch for cash if you die badly

4. Lunar Isle is close by and so is Slayer Cave and if needed Kelgdrim (Dwaft Place)

I would love if they had one for yanille or isadar (the elf place)

you make some good points but you sound like your are taking it in the perspective of the person dies a lot. (could be a pker).

i got my spawn at cammy but it doesnt matter sinse i only skill and dont die.

goyanks135.png

1707th to 99 hunter

starting 99 fm soon

I think there would be one in Varrock, as most new players spend all/most time there. You'd think you would get one in you house, but maybe not. I would like a respawn in Neitiznot, or at least a tele there ( don't make that lyre excuse). I'd also like one it at least Relleka considering all the boats that go through there. Ardougne would be nice, bring some activity there. Maybe one in Nardah after the Ancients update ( idk if there is gonna be one, just seems likely since they updated Lunar).

I'd like Yanille, one of my fav towns.

Thats my input ::'

On the point of flax autoers using it, 1 in a billion chance.

you need to kill all of the knights to get the spawn point, and it takes a level 90+ account usually to do that, i dont think im even going to see a 90+ macro.

And for most people who rarely die, respawn spots are nothing more than a 'wow when did i set my respawn spot to here' moment.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

On the point of flax autoers using it, 1 in a billion chance.

you need to kill all of the knights to get the spawn point, and it takes a level 90+ account usually to do that, i dont think im even going to see a 90+ macro.

And for most people who rarely die, respawn spots are nothing more than a 'wow when did i set my respawn spot to here' moment.

Are you not aware of green dragon autoers? many can be up to 100+.

Although they wouldn't have much point in using that respawn anyway.. especially since they'd have to do about 5 quests ::'

Just pointing out the dragon autos.

newsigac5.png

I don't die much so I don't have much need for a respawn point, though one in Neitznot wouldn't hurt....... I don't really know where Jagex will put one next. Probably like Rimmington or somewhere random like that. #-o

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It should be noted that Fally's respawn spot usually doesn't have people around.

If you're poisoned and left with no food when a ring of life saves you, you can usually allow yourself to die at the castle, and then pick up your stuff right away. In Camelot and Lumbridge, there are a ton of people around, and it's likely that they'd all jump for your stuff if a similar situation were to occur at those respawn points.

blackmageid8.png

It should be noted that Fally's respawn spot usually doesn't have people around.

If you're poisoned and left with no food when a ring of life saves you, you can usually allow yourself to die at the castle, and then pick up your stuff right away. In Camelot and Lumbridge, there are a ton of people around, and it's likely that they'd all jump for your stuff if a similar situation were to occur at those respawn points.

Yes the teleporters and alchers would jumb for you dead body.

The thing i would like for a respanw points is either burthrope or canfis for easy barrowing.

Imo a respawn point is a respawn point. If you have a choice to respawn in any area, its pretty good. Considering the overly many ways to travel, seers is probably the closest to a bank, which means if you die, you can go to the bank, quickly, and withdraw runes, jewellery, tabs, or go to rings, boats, and w/e else I'm forgetting much faster.

Boats, at lumby, and fally are no where to be seen, in cammy there's one about 40-70squares south east, which is pretty good.

Cammy is probably the best so far.

Although the best possible respawn point would probably be adrougne(sp?) since its the middle of runescape, and banks are closer then cammys.

Egh, people would be motivated not to quit when losing their valued items and dying. In Camelot, they would see many options available to them like fishing lobsters or sharks, picking flax and stringing it, chopping down maples and fletching them, growing seeds and making profit, cook some fish, and other things too. 8-)

I personally have my respawn in Fally because as stated, if I die there is a better chance I could get my stuff because of the lack of people present. Also one helpful hint for those beginning thieves, I would thieve guards the live long day and when I get low enough, I would drop my coins and thieve again and perhaps die. People swarm my body looking for the gp but only see bones. I come back up, pick up the coins and get back to work. Note I was bored and know this is not the most efficient way but I liked it.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

i personally like it cuz if you do die, but you still have alot of cash in your bank, seers is like the w2 fally [] with being in w2 or fally [] you can just buy your stuff back ... \'

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

I want a respawn in Burh de Rott, in case i die in barrows. If the world is uncrowded, i may get my stuff back.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Your points to me are invalid.

A. No one with Law Runes would waste time dying just to get a free teleport.

B. The bank in Seers is closer to the Camelot respawn than the bank in Falador is to the Falador Respawn.

C. If you die, losing stuff, knowing that you may be able to go back and salvage the lost items, you will want the closest bank to your respawn. Thus: Camelot.

As personal experience, I was recently mass-thieving seeds off the Ardougne Master Farmer and was not watching my hp. I had on a black cav, fury amulet, thieving cape and some other mentionables, but more importantly, over 2m in seeds I had already thieved. I wasn't paying attention and died. Quickly, using my new CAMELOT respawn, I ran to the bank in seers, grabbed my Ardougne Teleport Runes, teleported, ran back to my death spot and grabbed every single lost item.

Had I been futher from a bank I could have lost more than 3m. (When I died I just kept the fury, cape and dueling ring. lol.)

So no. I disagree strongly. The Camelot respan has a MUCH better use than both the other respawns...combined. ;)

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I like the new respawn even tho i am to lazy to change it. :P But you do have a point if and Autoer does complete the King's Ransom they will have quick access to the flax feild... :shock:

And the cavemen wondered how to make fire...

Im in the .00001% that finds Firemaking fun. If you find it fun add this to your siggy.

blaster909.gif

Blaster909.gif

priffandis,once that elven city allows access i can see that having a respwn point.although its far away from civilisation im guessing they will be a bank their.

i can see canafis having one aswell.

i havent defeated all the guards yet,got to sir lancelot with 0 attack and 0 defence and realised i was own for the count.gonna retry exploting their weaknesses next time.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Lumbridge is still the best for me, if I am degrading a crystal shield it's handy to spawn there. The bank is also close.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.