UNoffical Tip It Clan Chat! Join Channel: Lightning

Fudgy999

What axe stated is entirely true, and happens in different light all the time. Not to say the moderator(s) don't do their job when needed, they do it quite well, but just sometimes...

Edit: IN response to mirror, I don't see this as complaining, I see it as an issue.

--

Anyways I think this list of topics need to be added to the rules that aren't allowed to be discussed:

Chuck Norris related Jokes

Dragon Topics (Ex: spamming the channel in the dragon)

Religious Topics

Racism Topics

More could be added...

EDIT: And more have been added! Go read below posts by users.

--

I'd love for those to be put on the first post of this...then mods could direct users here and find out why they were kicked/warned for bringing up a topic.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will talk for myself here, and I usually try and let things go by. I am pretty lenient, but when I think it goes bad, I speak up and say to change topic. I even get called being too serious. -.- If it is spam, or will lead to spam, dont even do it. That includes jokes, games, asking levels, Spider Pig, Chuck Norris, etc. You may call that being mean or whatever but we dont like seeing it 24/7 when we are in there. I hope you guys understand.

Also just fyi, you will not get anywhere by complaining on this thread, why not pm or talk directly with the mod if you have a problem. If it doesnt work, bring it up to someone higher on the staff chain.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

perhaps it would be an idea if the mods posted somewhere, who they kicked and why, to avoid all these "some mod, i dont know who, kicked me, for some stupid reason" posts

also to reenforce the authority of the mods, maybe introduce a 3 strike policy? 3 kicks and your banned for a certain period of time (week, year, whatever)

Religious Topics

Racism Topics

Oh yes, those Racism and Religious "Jokes" as some people called them could be quite offensive to people of those Race/Religion, and shouldn't happen...

I will not mention the moderator who did it, but they have a pretty SWEET name.

Yes... I have also noticed this mod is not doing the greatest job they could, mainly during the "discussion" about politics yesterday when I informed the mod that this should stop the mod carmly told me "I do not see anything happening here that is against the rules"

but, Apart from my complaints, I think this is a great chat, and have made many friends!

It would help a lot if we had a list on the first post of all forbidden spam topics, like chuck norris, spiderpig, ponies (mostly my fault for that one, sorry data) and so on....

voidknight.jpg

~hawt Knight of the Void~

image,prof-spc-fleb,white,black.png

Barrows drops: 3. veracs brassard, torags hammers & dharoks greataxe (double drop)

I would like to suggest that torstarcher would be permantely banned from the chat for repeated spamming of inapropiate messages and I would like to mention that Seaotter36 did nothing about it

a wiseman once said if you don't like something change it, if you can't change it then quit complaining, I'm playing runescape.

Ponies...*thinks up ways of spamming chat*.

What's the big deal with CN jokes anyway-is he like a part time commedian or something?

Chuck Norris jokes are funny *to me at least* but when they show up all the time, they get boring and spammy, and it ruins the overall quality of the joke. Heh Chuck Norris is not a part time comedian. He is as I put it "The next McGuiver".

chuck joke are basicly... "chuck norris can [impossible task here]" one or two are fine, but, as mirror said, they get very very annoying....

voidknight.jpg

~hawt Knight of the Void~

image,prof-spc-fleb,white,black.png

Barrows drops: 3. veracs brassard, torags hammers & dharoks greataxe (double drop)

SupaDavis: Religious topics, I meant by flaming another religion, or getting too sensitive in a discussion about religion, you could still say the odd thing about religion. Though flaming for religion isn't accepted I believe?

Silver: A mod, especially ones volunteering, are not obligated to help at all, or so I thought? You can't really say a mod didn't help, since thats very childish, and doesn't really do much...Mods should help though, if they notice it. :-#

Though don't take me for the 'mods are not obligated' bit, they may or may not i really don't know. But it seems logical that they may not be obligated to...

Us mods can often get things wrong in the clan chat, but since I have started doing things that require me to pay attention ingame such as Questing it is very difficult to keep up with the chat, especially when I am left with 30-40 people and me being the only Moderator on.

Just a note:

If you do notice something and I dont notice it, please PM me as I am more likely to see a PM.

Whatpulse!

213358.png

Also just fyi, you will not get anywhere by complaining on this thread, why not pm or talk directly with the mod if you have a problem. If it doesnt work, bring it up to someone higher on the staff chain.

Just in a little response to that, if we post here, we can get all sorts of different view on things, whereas you might be in a locked room with three or four people (depends on who is involved).

@Fudgy: I understand how you feel. I try to do some work at camp and i need to keep 15+ kids in order.

But... Some other things that should be a *little* bit downsized are:

Buy/Sell (a few times over a good period is fine)

Quest Help*

Skill Help*

*- Only reason for these, Quests: Don't spoil it for EVERYONE. If you need quest help, go to the site. Skill: You could get a million different replies. If you KNOW that you will NOT get stormed by replies, then go ahead.

Thats all from my Point of View. Chat is going great, nice job everyone!

~Black

SPLEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Quest Help*

Skill Help*

*- Only reason for these, Quests: Don't spoil it for EVERYONE. If you need quest help, go to the site. Skill: You could get a million different replies. If you KNOW that you will NOT get stormed by replies, then go ahead.

~Black

RuneScape, and Tip.It both help you with Quests, I think spoiling a quest in a chat on purpose is not fine, but instructions on how to do the quest without giving story lines away is quite fine. I mean 60% of people are going to be going on the chat to ask for Quest Help, or some kind of advice.

Skill help? Same with Quest Help, its RuneScape, if you join a FanSite Chat, expect to get help with skills, honestly, I find nothing wrong with people asking questions about skilling, or questing. Don't take that aspect of helpful information out. Or it'll turn into something very odd, and uncomfortable to be in.

Just in a little response to that, if we post here, we can get all sorts of different view on things, whereas you might be in a locked room with three or four people (depends on who is involved).

Why do you need different views when you have a problem with a specific mod? It gains nothing when it is one on one in a topic that is meant for all. That is what I meant by my comment.

@Fudgy: I understand how you feel. I try to do some work at camp and i need to keep 15+ kids in order.

But... Some other things that should be a *little* bit downsized are:

Buy/Sell (a few times over a good period is fine)

Quest Help*

Skill Help*

~Black

People want advice they can ask for it. I regulate how much people are buying/selling. It is like telling a cow not to moo, it aint going to happen, it will.

SupaDavis: Religious topics, I meant by flaming another religion, or getting too sensitive in a discussion about religion, you could still say the odd thing about religion. Though flaming for religion isn't accepted I believe?

I was talking about (mainly) the one time when it went on for an extended amount of time

I was talking about (mainly) the one time when it went on for an extended amount of time

Well that one, if I think of the one your talking about, started out with three people, and as soon as they got to 'god is fake', the spamming came, and 8 or 9 people were flaming each other...Thats what I mean by sensitive.

We need more people with high enough rank to kick people, there is a real problem with people that come on the chat just to spam, and us multiple accounts just to spam

a wiseman once said if you don't like something change it, if you can't change it then quit complaining, I'm playing runescape.

add animal cruelty to the no chat about list please (if there is one)

i kicked 2 users earlier for this, despite a warning

Currently is no list of banned topics, but I hope the admins/mods make a publicly viewable list, or say something if they are going to or not, since they have given no word(If they have, I'm terribly sorry, and re-direct me to that post please).

Animal cruelty? :-k Good Idea!

Whats with the spammers? People making accounts named "Iowntipit" or somethin similar then spam us whenever they get the chance. People have been blaming other fansites for this, but I'm thinking its just some moron who thinks he can start an inter-site cold war just by spamming us.

They do end up usually getting what they want: They annoy us, some people forget to use the ignore list and end up putting up with these people, they make us blame other sites, and they make us start a huge discussion that interrupts whatever fun discussions we were having just for us to decide what to do.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.