Parents name baby Superman

Lenin64

Why don't they just call it "Kick my [wagon]" if the parents aren't black then the kid is going to look so stupid walking round, a white person named 4real...not saying it'd be less stupid if a black person was named it but at least then it'd seem less...sureal.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my neighbors name is sir melvin and hey while we're at it....

my name is Q'Vontes. yes the V is capitalized and the is a '

Are you black? because black people tend to make up some weird names. No offense or anything, but its true.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Are you black? because black people tend to make up some weird names. No offense or anything, but its true.

yes i am and so is my neighbor but Q'Vontes or Sir Melvin isnt wierd compared to "superman" or "4real"....

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'ma name my son roflcopter and my daughter lollerskates and I'm hoping when it happens by then internet acronyms will be forgotten when they go to school....imagine their math/science teachers...."Roflcopter Bollmeyer!" -teacher proceeds to rofl-

I was named after a Star Wars Villian. <3:

Oh, do tell!

I wouldn't mind having a name called superman, it would pwn, at least up till 3rd or 4th grade.

But with a name like "superman", who needs nicknames? "Supes"?

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

im actually lol'ing at a lot of these posts...

what im thinking is, yeah, a lot of 'normal' names are overused, but naming a kid after a superhero is the other extreme.

just find an obscure medieval fantasy series and name your kids after characters, and then in ten or twenty years theyll have awesome names!

actually, what i'd do is try to find cool names in other languages, and use those... ::'

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I think the child will have a bad childhood, as I'm school he'll be the target of many bullies at school for that name. :/ Bit unfair of the parents.

But at 16 he can get his name changed I guess, but 16 years of "Superman" isn't going to go smoothly. :?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Though his parents are idiots and the names they've chosen are pretty pathetic, the kid won't necessarily have a hard time fitting in at school or anything. It depends on how he acts. For instance, if he's quiet or if he's ashamed of his name, then kids will make fun. On the other hand, if he's outgoing and lets kids know that he's proud of his name and that he's still just a normal kid, he'll be fine. Heck, with a name like Superman, he might end up being popular. It all depends on how he acts.

no real harm done.
Never been teased over your name have you?

My name is normal enough - Richard - but I went through school hearing every single possible '[bleep]' joke you could think of pretty much every day and it got to the point where I was going to hit someone is they didn't shut up.

I'm willing to bet this superman kid is going to get pushed out of a tree by someone expecting him to be able to fly at least once in their youth, and that's just the start out of.

No real harm? [cabbage] - tip of the ice berg for that name is physical assult to see if he's the "man of steel".

I'm sure this kid will get somewhat psychologically(sp?) harmed while he's young, others will tease him and make fun of him.

I quite approve of the government not allowing such names. There's a limit between being "creative" and just trying to be cool and the ÃÆÃâÃâüber hax0rz using leet-speak.

At least if it was something different, like Blissenobiarella... :lol:

This signature is intentionally left blank.

yes i am and so is my neighbor but Q'Vontes or Sir Melvin isnt wierd compared to "superman" or "4real"....

Quite so. I just want to know where they came up with Superman, at least 4real had some twisted logic behind it...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

lol, I would hate to be that guy

but what really annoys me is when celebrities give their children weird names as a publicity stunt, it's just really not fair on the kids.

and by the way, it's not just first names that get jokes, trying going through life with the surname: little (well it wasn't too bad until a bad movie about a mouse who gets adopted by a family with a name that's a synonym for "small" came out)

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

My aunt works at a hospital and told me about a couple who couln't decide on a name for thier newborn. They just coulndt decide between Wolverine (X-Men) and Superman. Poor kid.

Side note, Wolverine is way better. Sooo intimidating. :twisted:

siggydonedark.jpg

Hangin loose. Marrentil can die.