the least updated skill

iceharwk

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mining, but it' s actually complete. All it needs is a dragon pickaxe and it' s done, when runecrafting is not even complete. There are still blood and soul runes and altars to be made, BUT, we can' t mine black, so maybe we won' t be able to craft bloods and souls.

i agree minning and smithing are the complete skills in the game but people keep just dont understand that

filewf5.gif

rarely ever check forums.

mining is the least updated one.

regarding dragon ore, would that not be silly? i mean runite, adamantite and mithril are natural metals that occur in the rocks in rs world.

Adamant and mithril are not real rocks, they are stolen from Lord Of The Rings. Also, originally in LOTR, adamant is a gem, not an ore.(it's what one of the three lesser rings is made of)

I agree with your update to the mining guild, high level mining needs adn update.

Stolen from LOTR? Maybe mithril was, but adamant as a mythological substance has been around for much longer than Tolkein's writings.

I think mining's virtually perfect in its current form - I don't know if they really need a dragon pickaxe. Furthermore there are upgrades in the form of new rock locations and whatnot, but otherwise there hasn't been much change, and I don't think there needs to be.

didn't jagex say they weren't going to bring out the D Pick or am i dreaming? :S

They said that about a lot of dragon items, like the full and the 2h. Doesn't mean they won't.

Besides the pick, mining doesn't really need any new updates, but there might be room for a potential minigame, like using machinery on mine tracks to mass mine - except it would be really complicated, like the blast furnace. Kind of like a trawler for mining.

didn't jagex say they weren't going to bring out the D Pick or am i dreaming? :S

They said that about a lot of dragon items, like the full and the 2h. Doesn't mean they won't.

Besides the pick, mining doesn't really need any new updates, but there might be room for a potential minigame, like using machinery on mine tracks to mass mine - except it would be really complicated, like the blast furnace. Kind of like a trawler for mining.

i hope they do bring one out to be honest, then i can walk around with one and my mining cape <3:

outkast+r0se.png

me > samurai lux ;-) :ohnoes:

\:D/

10/10, and yes I would agree with that statement he is way to pompous.

Mining, but it' s actually complete. All it needs is a dragon pickaxe and it' s done, when runecrafting is not even complete. There are still blood and soul runes and altars to be made, BUT, we can' t mine black, so maybe we won' t be able to craft bloods and souls.

i agree minning and smithing are the complete skills in the game but people keep just dont understand that

from the game point yes smithing is complete, but from the theoretical side there is still 'black' and 'dragon' items that can't be made, even though Jagex probably will never release these as makeable items.

outkast+r0se.png

from the game point yes smithing is complete, but from the theoretical side there is still 'black' and 'dragon' items that can't be made, even though Jagex probably will never release these as makeable items.

Even from the theoretical side there is no need, nor feasible way to introduce black and dragon items. Dragon items are meant to be rare and special (with the exception of those bought from shops) - having them smithable would defeat the purpose. Futhermore, if they were smithable, that would make yet more items available at level 99 - they can't (and don't) need to squeeze any more items into that skill.

Even from the theoretical side there is no need, nor feasible way to introduce black and dragon items. Dragon items are meant to be rare and special (with the exception of those bought from shops) - having them smithable would defeat the purpose. Futhermore, if they were smithable, that would make yet more items available at level 99 - they can't (and don't) need to squeeze any more items into that skill.

i suppose you have a fair point, i never really thought they were going to bring out dragon items, as you'd either need to raise the bar for skills to 100+ which many people would whine about... and the rarity would be comprised also as you said.

I dont think they really need to update smithing itself, they might bring out another smithing aid such as blast furnace, but its doubtful.

as for mining the only thing we can expect is a dragon pickaxe.

outkast+r0se.png

• 2 weeks later...

I think that maybe a smithing guild can be added, but it needs 85 mining and 70 smithing to get in. Then the smithing guild can have the rare rocks (Adamantite and Runite) while the mining guild has all the coal. Maybe throw in some more mithril at the mining guild too...

As for updates for mining, there's really not much to be added but new locations. I'm not really for the dragon pickaxe, because all dragon items came from a place of eternal war and a pickaxe isn't much of a weapon of war and more of a tool, while the dragon axe is.

Dragon ore shouldn't be added either because any dragon ore exists on another plain of existence, the place where the Mahjarrat come from.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

• 4 weeks later...
Health Points is least updated \'

Oh I really think HP should be increased, the hits are getting way too strong.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

I don't know what you guys are talking about! Mining got a update in looks (the new emote). Woodcutting is the least updated! :lol:

91% percent of the people polled said they were liers. The other 9% lied to us.

mining is ONE of them. dragon ore/pick might actually be useful (the new dragon arrows) but then that means updates for smithing and flecthing. i would also say prayer. some new unique high level prayers would be useful

IM+mos+DEF.png

Health Points is least updated \'

Oh I really think HP should be increased, the hits are getting way too strong.

Yes, I think every level up should give 1.5 hits. eg. 50 hp=75 hits.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
mining is ONE of them. dragon ore/pick might actually be useful (the new dragon arrows) but then that means updates for smithing and flecthing. i would also say prayer. some new unique high level prayers would be useful

why is everyone forgeting woodcut?

sure it has a dragon wc ax but it dosent have any trees above mages which is a low 75 ( well mediumish) and it has no guild minning has a guild and a fancy emote to go with it

sm,ithing and fleching also have vast ammouints of item you canm make and prayer has a few anda lot of bones and ectofuntus :o

Pit_Guardian.png

Gamertag: EFs Predator.

Games I play: Halo 3, Halo wars.

As for updates for mining, there's really not much to be added but new locations. I'm not really for the dragon pickaxe, because all dragon items came from a place of eternal war and a pickaxe isn't much of a weapon of war and more of a tool, while the dragon axe is.

Dragon Battleaxe makes the dragon axe obselete for fighting in a serious war.

[hide=Minor Quest Spoilers]Pickaxes are required to kill at least one of the tzhaar creatures, likely more to be added in the future. These may also exist in another plane.[/hide]

All-in-all, a dragon pickaxe simply seems neccesary.

Narasumas1.png

Firemaking, Mining, and Woodcutting all don't get update too much. They don't really need updates either. You can mine pretty much everything you need to be able to mine. In firemaking... It doesn't even need updates to get better :wink: And woodcutting already has every kind of axe there is, and a high level tree for good woodcutters to get money off of.

Mining would be good to have something else, but for the most part I think it is thorough enough.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again