Cosmics a viable option?

Deiophobus

I was experimenting with Runecrafting times today, and I realized that cosmics could actually be a good way to get from 75-91 RC.

Now, I say 75 and not 59 (double cosmics), because of the extra pouch, which makes a lot of difference.

Ok, the runecrafting times.

At 75+ Rc, the average experience/hour for natures through the abyss is ~18k. Certainly, it's possible to get more, but this is just an average. That's 2000 natures per hour, and if we say you sell them at 290 each, that's 580k gross profit every hour. Going from 75-91 runecrafting, soloing natures, that's a 151,199,877 profit. If you include cost of per ess (assumign yuo buy it at 70 each), it would be a 114,703,355 profit, and about 260 hours of Runecrafting. Those times are based on the experience/hour and price of natures/ess I gave before.

Ok, now for the cosmic analysis.

With my time of cosmics, I got 16k experience per hour. Obviously these times vary, but I'm going to use that as an average. With that time, that would mean 4000 cosmic runes made every hour. I don't know that much about the price, but RuneScript tells me they're 150-200, so let's use 175 as an average.

That's a gross profit of 700k every hour. From 75-91 runecrafting, that would then be 205,292,937 total profit, and 164,234,350 profit after you subracted the price of essence.

But, it would be 312 hours of runecrafting, 52 more hours then natures.

It would seem if you didn't mind spending more time, you could make 50m more money with that. But, once you get 91, keep in mind you can make double natures, so 4000 per hour, which is a 1,160,000 profit every hour. And if you used the extra time you got from making natures instead of cosmics, you could make 60,320,000 in that time, 10m more then you'd have if you made cosmics in the same time.

But if you only plan on going to about 85 runecrafting, and are in it solely for the cash, consider cosmics.

Please note, this is all based on current prices/demand for runes, and the runecrafting times are based on averages of my times.

What do you guys think about that?

snowsigyy7.png

nice and proifetble 8-)

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I'm sure it could work, but as I only make my runes as and when I need them (i.e., a k worth of nats every now and then) it's really not worth it to me.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

That is all good and well, 'cept for the little fact that NOBODY BUYS COSMICS!!!

=D> =D> =D> :lol: :lol: :lol:

Many do, since without PC, enchanting in the Mage Training Arena w/ 87+ magic is the best affordable magic XP you can get. It takes dozens of thousands of cosmics, so many people are always buying more.

77yLQy8.png

Interesting... :D

But I think natures are easier to sell/shift to another player. There are far MORE buyers of natures than of cosmics.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

That is all good and well, 'cept for the little fact that NOBODY BUYS COSMICS!!!

Many do, since without PC, enchanting in the Mage Training Arena w/ 87+ magic is the best affordable magic XP you can get. It takes dozens of thousands of cosmics, so many people are always buying more.

He is just clowning Muggi.

Take the hot air baloons to make laws, fast and much safer than the Abyss, plus more xp than nats. :arrow:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

He is just clowning Muggi.

Yeah, I mean I've never crafted a cosmic rune lol.. much less been on p2p ..

I've been 57 rc since the day it was launched =; I SHALL GO NO FURTHER

I only make cosmics for personal use, it is slower than nats and I prefer speed over cash if the difference is not very big. If i am RCing for profit I always make deaths, it's faster than nats and they sell for about the same price.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

It all honestly just comes down to personal Preferance.

And seeing as how 91 rc and the double nats is the best rcing money making option that there is and the fact that most people want 91 rc becuase then the money is either more then double at that point (cuz u dont need as much ess to make more nats), or its a faster easier way to get that skill to 99 then.

Either way, you could throw in the figures and facts at 75 rc, rcing deaths or rcing laws as well..

Laws and deaths dont sell as well granted, but deaths can sell about as easily as nats do at the right times of day, just not in the same bulk, where laws dont get as much exp as deaths they do sell for a good bit more then natures do. you could almost argue that making laws = as much cash as making cosmics, (depending on current cosmic selling prices).

91 RC is a hell of a lot of rcing either way, and I dont know about others, but if im going through the abyss for it each time, im doing deaths, fastest exp and the sooner i can get it all over with.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

ANd that is why I have nearly 50k cosmics in my bank :-$

99 magic when I finish with my current money goals

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I would use the cosmics for my own mage xp. Cheap xp if you ask me :P

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I'd go with natures. 52 hours extra is 52 more hours you could be spending making nature runes. If you do indeed make 4k nats an hour after 91 rc, selling them at 290 ea and buying ess at 70 ea would make you that 50m in about 49 hours. And, that's just more xp and easier selling for you.

lalalasig2.png

And oh, can anyone tell me if world 16 is faster then anything? It has got to be, you are crafting pretty fast :-k

At world 16 I can craft about 4k ess an hour which is 4000*5=20k xp so, yes it is faster then nats but only slightly and ofcourse the profit is alot less

Prayer 99

Range 99

Omw to become a Tank Ranger

Semperfy.png

Very intresting imight do that to 70 or so =]

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I have known somthing like this for a while, people don't notice that cosmics are a lot better than nats for money, not only can you get to the alter just as fast as using the abyss, sell for 150ea (which is easy) you make the same if not greater profit than natures

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage