Now playing [Video Games]

Nadril

This post is largely liked on the media board so I figured we deserved one too. The basic idea of this post is to just post what you're playing at the time, what you're doing in that game, whatever.

Please make sure to hide any possible spoilers about the game you are playing! I don't want anyone to get mad that you ruined one for them (even if the game is old).

I'll start it off:

I just got a used PS2 (roomate went half and half with me, cost like $80 for a refurbished one) so I got FF12 and God of war for it. He also had Guitar hero 2.

So I've been mostly playing through Final Fantasy XII and grinding up in Lineage II so far. Guitar hero II is great for when I have like 30mins to kill in between classes.

As far as FF12 goes I'm surprised. I've never really liked the series but the new battle system in FF12 is great IMO. Really puts a lot more into the game and it means I don't have to suffer through a 5min fight every 10-15 steps. :P

Almost level 40 in Lineage II on my PK (going to be a BD) and having a great time.

As far as guitar hero 2 goes I have it pretty much mastered on medium difficulty and am working on hard difficulty. I kind of suck though because I've been playing it for like... 3 days. :P

With that lets see what you guys are currently playing.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deus Ex. First time playing it, and I have really really enjoyed it. Everything I could want in an FPS. Although this last part has kind of been annoying me, if you ever have a companion it is really hard to keep them alive. They also like to run in front of you while you are shooting, which then causes them to become an enemy. Barring that it is really good.

EDIT: typo, I know it's Deus and not Dues :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Well I finished Lego Star Wars 2 earlier, absolutly brilliant game.

Ive also got over one billion studs on it now ::'

Agreed. LEGO Star Wars is amazing.

p2gq.jpg

Black and White 2.

Who doesn't enjoy watching a massive glowing cow stomp all over an enemy city whilst you throw meteors at the fleeing survivors?

Ooo and Age of Empires 3.

As for Guitar hero 2 Nadril, you wait for hanger 18 and misirlou on hard, and then expert, say goodbye to your hands :wink: .

Black and White 2.

Who doesn't enjoy watching a massive glowing cow stomp all over an enemy city whilst you throw meteors at the fleeing survivors?

Ooo and Age of Empires 3.

As for Guitar hero 2 Nadril, you wait for hanger 18 and misirlou on hard, and then expert, say goodbye to your hands :wink: .

Well we already have it beat on hard lol, my roomate is pro at that game. :P

Refer to my sig and take a guess :lol:

I'm usually playing:

Battlefield 2

Oblivion

Freecell

On the off chance i get a new game, that might change slightly but untill then ::'

Im replaying Metroid Prime, then im going to get MP2 so then ill be all set for MP3

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Playing through Half Life 1, I'm still in Black Mesa West somewhere.

Playing through Guild Wars, I'm at Borlis Pass.

Playing through The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap..I'm in the first shrine place (forgot name..lol)

Also just finishing original Halo.

I'm trying to 100% Bully, and trying to perfect Heroic on Halo 2. Once I perfect Heroic, I'll go through Campaign. Then I'll start on Legendary.

That's about all I'm doing right now..lol. I'm one of those that can't sit for 7 hours straight on one game..I need something else once in a while >.<

I'm trying to at least play at a Heroic skill level on Halo 2 so that whenever Halo 3 comes, I'll have SOME experience...Heh, I'm not too good. I played through on Easy..so..trying Heroic is something new to me.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Currently I'm playing Diablo II: LoD again because of the new ladder reset. Still the amazing game I remember.

Aswell, yesterday I finished working my way through Clive Barker's: Undying. It felt unfinished, and had they had a bit more time to clean it up and add the features they wanted (aswell as market it right), there's no doubt in my mind it would be considered a modern classic. Still, it was a very good game, I loved the magic/gun two-handed combat, it not just allows but encourages experimentation which is awesome.

Aswell, I'm playing Unreal Tournament again, the original one. It's no doubt in my mind the best multiplayer shooter, and likely the best overall shooter I've ever played. There simply has never been a game that felt this right. It's controls are just simply unmatched, and same for graphics. Yeah, yeah, there's fancy lightning and physics, but does it really make out games that much better? No. Unreals are clean, clear and ageless. It's just such a well-produced game...

3 games...Heh, I almost never have more than one on the go at a time, but for some reason I feel an urge to play UT and DII. However, I'm going to university literally tommorow and won't be playing much of anything, atleast til I get used to it there.

P.S. Other games I've played through this summer -> American McGee's Alice, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30, and a little bit of GTR2 (more to come).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Games are in italics, other "important stuff" is in bold.

I'll pick up from when I got back from Taiwan, about two and a half weeks ago.

Apparently, most of my friends got re-addicted to SilkRoad Online, due to the Europe update in the International Version. So when I got back, I downloaded it as well. I made a new character, a cleric on the Venice server. I reached level 20 in a week, but by then, I had already got myself addicted to Age of Empires. I haven't played since.

My birthday was a week or two ago...Got Age of Empires: Collector's Edition (Jewel Case).

I downloaded Age of Empires: Gold on my birthday. I completed the Ascent of Egypt Learning Campaign in 3 days, just before I left for Canada. I played a few death matches the night before I left, as I had some spare time.

After I returned, I started the Glory of Greece campaign. I completed it today.

I started the Voices of Babylon campaign today. If completed the first scenario, took me like 5 hours. Noob FTW. Anyways, afterwards, I played a DM...Cheated like crazy, got a bunch of Photon Men and Big Daddies...Destroyed everyone. :D

Anyways, I plan on finishing Voices of Babylon and hopefully the Yamato one (Or whatever) before school starts on September 6th. If not, I'll finish when I can...I'll finish the Rise of Rome campaigns afterwards, then either master DMs and RMs, move on to Age of Empires: The Age of Kings or Civilizations IV.

I should have enough games to last me until 2008, which is the next time I'll have a chance to get some new games, or possibly even a console. Yay.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I've started a game over on FF6 and I just went to zozo the first time in the WOB.

I love playing older video games. After I beat FF6, i'll start a game on chrono trigger and maybe play a few new game+.

Currently playing WoW. Working on a 51 Blood Elf warlock. I'm totally ahead with my questing "schedule" so I will pretty much be able to get to 60 in Azeroth and skip the entire of EPL/Winterspring/Silithus and other crappy zones. Also have enchanting and tailoring as professions which are both new to me, so it's a fun experience.

Have also been playing on the 2.2 public test realm - most recently a Resto druid (ToL form). I quite enjoy it. I'm hard to take down but most of the time, they don't focus fire me.. I really like the HoT aspect as you can run around and heal without having to stand still. Still, playing a druid to 70 JUST to go Resto seems like a pain. Perhaps I'll wait until 2.3 is released and the leveling rate is adjusted.

Also playing Jedi Academy off and on - mostly single player. Multiplayer games are almost always clan channels and I feel so out of place. But overall, the amount of people playing the game has severely diminished. Plus, nine times out of ten in fights I get into with players, they just force grip me and flip-kick me to death. Not sure how to get out of that one besides having a light side power.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

I do not game that much anymore.

Couple of weeks back I started playing Heroes of Might and Magic III. Quite old but good games never become tired. Upto the last level of Good Campaign 2. Each level can take a while and it can get repetitive. I probably would not win the entire game.

Recently got a copy of Far Cry and played it for a few minutes tonight. Looks like a good game.

If I did not have to work I would be able to concentrate on more games. But most of my free time is taken up by other hobbies.

I play Gears and Oblivion on my 360 mostly. Jeez, i need some new 360 games.

I used to play Civ 4 on the PC, but eventually, the fact that the AI massacres you 9/10 times gets your morale...I think I'll stick to runescape or something easier. :uhh:

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I play Gears and Oblivion on my 360 mostly. Jeez, i need some new 360 games.

I used to play Civ 4 on the PC, but eventually, the fact that the AI massacres you 9/10 times gets your morale...I think I'll stick to runescape or something easier. :uhh:

Yeah I absolutely suck at Civ 4, I think I won once playing on the 3rd or 4th difficulty. I always play marathon so I put so much time into it, I hate losing. I still get mad addicted to that game though. Need to get the expansion pack.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg