My Chemical Romance. Good or bad?

M_u_s_ii_X

Sooooooooo...the only people that dislike them are people that like screamo?

What's to like about them? Drony, boring vocals and songs, pretty much nothing to the music besides a simple beat and some chords. I'll admit that I haven't listened to many of their songs, but those that I have listened to...well, I didn't want to listen to anymore.

Honestly i cant blame you on the drummer.

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MCR is one of my favorite bands <3:

Three Cheers was much better then Black Parade, except for a couple sounds on Black Parade were extremely good, like Disenchanted, Teenagers, Welcome to the Black Parade, This is How I Disappear.

They changed so much from I Brought You My Bullets to The Black Parade.

Old: (I Brought You My Bullets + Three Cheers)

chem.jpg

New: (The Black Parade)

mchem.jpg

Weren't they anti breast exposure.

Idk about that but breasts aren't that amazing. Fun to play with for a while but the good stuff is lower ;)

Definitly gotta go with Mims on this one..

I don't care 'bout your breast

You can be an A cup

I know what I like

And baby that's below the waist

They were one of the headlining acts at this years Big Day Out, not a fan of their music, doesn't appeal to me. Saying that though, the singer was a real good dude. Cause in the mosh pit, he stopped playing and made everyone move back from the rail because people were getting squashed. Alot of the other bands just kept playing and didn't care, so respect them for that.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

Poppy, catchy, but horrible.

exactly how i feel about them.

They're horrid.
mssigqc5.jpgI do English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation for free! Just keep it under 5 sentences, and PM me to use my fluency in Japanese to your advantage!

I really like them. I watched them live at T-in-the-Park in July. I thought they were pretty awesome. Have downloaded most of their stuff since that gig, and I think they're getting better and better.

The only recent band that's as good by comparison is maybe Fallout Boy

Harrington.gif

That's saying a hell of alot... :-s

Please say you were being sarcastic...

I must say that MCR and Fallout Boy are probably the worst examples of modern music. . . ack.

p2gq.jpg

That's saying a hell of alot... :-s

Please say you were being sarcastic...

I must say that MCR and Fallout Boy are probably the worst examples of modern music. . . ack.

That, 30 Seconds to Mars, Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Flyleaf, Saosin, and many many others...

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

I like them. Kinda like dark pop....

Ok, that doesn't sound very appealing, but I like them.

That frazes them up, one of my only 2000s pop, and just in case any one is wondering its 4 times, not just 3.

My pure's stats:

str:70

attc:35

def:4

range:72

mage:70

hp:70

No they're a bunch of posers that change their image to suit sales.

They're in it for the money. What's so wrong with that?

Anways I love their music. The Black Parade wasn't that great of an album imo but Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge was amazing.

Any band thats in it for the money, will not produce the music they are able to, they will just try to put out an album, if you in it for them usic, you will put all you have into it making sure each album is as good as it can be

im not saying that they dont put effort into it when they are doing it for the money, they just arnt putting as much as they should be

Making music for JUST the money is wrong (in my eyes)

_________________________________________ _ _ _ _ _

MCR in my eyes is just another bad emo band that makes terrible music. ill give them, they have made a few good songs, but over all, they suck. they are a poser emo band thats in it for everything but the music

now maybe, i just hate them so much because i hate emos so much, i dont know, maybe its because im into good music, but either way, they arnt that good

sotwbar7.png

sig-1.png

1980 Berlinetta with a 350, bored, mild cam, intake carb, headers, exhaust

That, 30 Seconds to Mars, Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Flyleaf, Saosin, and many many others...

>_>.

-_-".

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

they're ok :shrug: i like the guys vocals, and the majority of their songs. But some of their songs are miles better than some of their others. Like "Helena" is in my top 50 songs of all time, but songs like "tenagers" sounds like he's trying to sound like the band The Offspring.

So if that wasn't a very clear post, I'll give you the bottom line -

MCR is a good band, just not the best

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I like their semi new single

i think its called teenagers?

Ya same here.

MCR never really got into me with alot of there older stuff and I'de say I have a pretty high Music Tolerance. ( The Genre is not my favorite though )

But I do have to say the new CD sounds ok...I have to say I actually enjoy some of it.

Allthough I find it hilarious that after their new CD the singer ( Dunno name ) said, "I think emo is fu**ing garbage" in some interview.

Kinda made me laugh lol :lol:

2czeqeh.jpg

now maybe, i just hate them so much because i hate emos so much, i dont know, maybe its because im into good music, but either way, they arnt that good

What you perceive as good music may be considered to be horrible by others (as evidenced by your Cannibal Corpse topic). So I ask you this: what makes your music 'good' music and My Chemical Romance bad?

And hating someone for what they choose to be is repulsive.

Personally, I really like Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, I haven't got The Black Parade, but I'm not really liking the singles. Welcome to the Black Parade is good, Famous Last Words is alright as long as I don't listen to it very often, as is Teenagers, but I really did not like I Don't Love You.

Ok question.

Who here owns/has owned all the albums including the dvd/cd and has watch and listened to them all.

If you watch it they made the band because of Gerrard he was in a secure job and risked it all with a band.

Helps to watch the dvd and they are an awesome band live.

But its not for everyone i will admit.