Eventually they'll run out.

Iv_Green_vI

most of updates for next 2 years are implemented into game already as hints for example the monkeys near the magic carpets, probably part of a second monkey quest, i think theirs plenty to come, one day they're turn into the simpsons where they've done everything though :oops:

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jagex won't stop for a few years but I doubt rs2 will continue. Jagex has made a shot at geting rid of autoers but they'll be back. I think jagex needs to focus of updates to make the game better for 5 year old kids and focus more on autoers.

More and more land opening up, new items and equipment, possible that ideas will never end, I am sure a 100 years ago people thought ideas for films would run out.

I can't see that killing RuneScape, they could increase the level cap add another 20+ skills.

You think items are two powerful, they could add a 2nd str,att,def,rang,mage lvl to get to 99 or raise the cap have a complete new land monsters that jad seem like a goblin... the areas of RuneScape that we have now would be untouched but the new area's could be 2x as hard.

Sounds stupid but not impossible

Raising the skill caps could mean you still have your skill cape for 99 but as say maxing at 149 you would get a new skill cape that's even better, saying you can run out of ideas for anything means you believe the human mind is limited.

Right now we will never know, but ideas running out is not a problem at all, other reasons the game will close fair enough.

Non of my ideas are meant to sound good so shut up before you slag them off, just trying to make it clear the ideas cant run out, saying you run out of ideas is an excuse and we would not technologically evolve if ideas could run out.

More and more land opening up, new items and equipment, possible that ideas will never end, I am sure a 100 years ago people thought ideas for films would run out.
They have run out of ideas for films, all films now are either remakes and stuff that was made from books.

Tell me what you think about this.

I think it's utter nonsense.

There are thousands and thousands of cool ideas that Jagex doesn't even have the time to consider implementing. They will never run out of ideas and concepts.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

They have run out of ideas for films, all films now are either remakes and stuff that was made from books.

Don't be an [wagon] hole, not all films are remakes yes a lot of them are but not all :wall:

There are more new film then remakes/book,comic films made a year so don't give me that.... I could list more new films then you can list new remakes/book,comic films.

Don't be an [wagon] hole, not all films are remakes yes a lot of them are but not all :wall:

name one

name one

OK, you really are blind or just dumb..

THE BRAVE ONE

MR. WOODCOCK

SUPERBAD

IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH

They'll probably come out with a new 'metal' after Dragon.

Hell, it's not the end of the world. WoW does the same kinda thing with Tier 4,5,6 armours. Just an incentive to do the new, harder and challenging additions to the content.

I agree Bubs, Jagex has a plenty of things they can do with the game. When it comes to gameplay, they set the limits.

they've made a Dragon full helmet, Dragon boots what does this mean? they swore they wouldn't make something like that ever in the game. Does this mean they they're getting desperate. I don't know but it's seems like it to me.

Jagex never said they would stop making dragon items they just told us to stop suggesting them because they have it all thought out. They are not desperate and a person (let alone 300) can't run out of ideas. I really can't see the end of runescape unless people stop paying, but they won't because Jagex always comes up with something new and exciting.

I can see it now, a movie about the end of Runescape:

"300 Java programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against over 1 million angry players in 'The battle of Misthalin'. They fight for honor, glory, and new content, sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is blasphemy! This is Madness! This. Is. JAGEEEX!"

:anxious:

Anyway, on a less spamtastic note, the only thing that I see is reaching its limits in Runescape is the Hitpoints system. Already, it's almost possible to one hit KO a person with 99 HP. If Jagex can find a way to solve this problem, then Runescape could probably last for another decade.

blackmageid8.png

This is blasphemy! This is Madness! This. Is. JAGEEEX!"

siggified =P

and no they wont. easy =)

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Well I'm pretty every 2nd person has thought about this. That Jagex has had millions of idea's but aren't they going to run out, I mean come on you can go only so far on a game. they've made a Dragon full helmet, Dragon boots what does this mean? they swore they wouldn't make something like that ever in the game. Does this mean they they're getting desperate. I don't know but it's seems like it to me.

My conclusion to this is. eventually Jagex WILL run out of idea's and throw rs2 out and stop completely. or innovate the game to a whole new dimension.

Tell me what you think about this.

well, jagex really only said they were never going to do a dragon platebody...boots, they never commented on. They've always left these options open.

Anyway, jagex will not run out of ideas unless the people stop thinking of ideas. There's always new room for things.

they aren't running out of ideas anytime soon, as everyone else has said, but they may call it quits once they raise the hp cap to 1000 and then make a weapon that can one-hit them :shock:

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

RuneScape is a storyline, not a game.

Jagex is probably a good four years into the storyline, and are adding to it with rough idea's about characters, quests, npcs, weapons...etc.

Its highly unlikely they will run out of idea's. There's around 70+ plot lines that have no conclusion, or have ended but have hinted to another part to that plot.

Your avatar is disturbing. I dont want to look at it...

~On topic:

Runescape's combat system is out of date, and is boring to put it bluntly.

Jagex needs to add something like this:

But a weapon that varies in power depending on your att/str/def/hp ratio would be awesome.

For example. Jagex makes a weapon intended for pkers. It would be great at 80att/90str/40def/80hp, but not so good if you have 85att/90str/90def/85hp. This weapon would also be good at 40att/45str/20def/40hp, since it is the same ratio. This would let people use a much wider variety of weapons, instead of the one with just the "best stats".

This would add much needed variety to runescape's combat system. The only downside would be that it disrupts the stock market concerning weapons and armour, and the fact that this would be useless for level 126's.

Link to thread >Link<

they have only run out of ideas for films, because they regurgitate and recycle old ideas into "new" ones, mostly because its cheaper to do it that way.

the thing people have to realize is that there is no boundaries or barriers with the imagination. there is no possibility that jagex, or anyone for that matter, will run out of ideas, unless they choose to stop thinking up new ideas.

Well, i have a few oppinions/thoughts on the matter.

First, like others have said, there is room for expansion in skills and quests. There are quests with plots that still need to be finished and some skills do stop at 80-90ish. A way to update the game is to add more content to each of the skills to make it so every skill is like smithing or construction. 1-2 new items every 1-2 levels.

Second, as one has pointed out in the past on these forums, if you plot the runescape map with the given numbers from your sectant, runescape can be expended massively to make up an entire world. If im not mistaken, i believe someone did this and came up with something like 80-90% of runescape is still uncharted if you keep logic into play (round world, scale sizes, etc). This would bring about new quests, items, areas, npcs, mini games, monsters, skills, and other things that could be added to the game. Of course, it doesnt mean that jagex is going to use logic and expand the world to its 80-90% uncharted potential, but its there for the taking.

Finally, like others have said, if people keep paying jagex, they will keep coming up with ideas. its as simple as that.

I dont see jagex droping runescape for a while. still so much to be done, with a very large ammount of subscribers to just up and quit on them.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

I'm really sure they will NOT run out of ideas. Seriously, even me alone can think of 100s, let alone a whole team of developers.

The possibilitys with quests are endless, with adding new stuff to existing skills amost endless. Thinking of new skills is a bit harder, but not impossible. Maybe you need to think a bit out of the box for new ideas about that.

The only thing that is a problem is the limited hitpoint system. So far a player with max boosted hitpoints (105 or so?) can almost get one-hitted. Bossmonsters can only have 255 HP, which is extremely less compared to there combat level, and makes it much 'easier' (as it still can be very hard) to kill them.

Still the community will eventually demand better gear. Jagex could release new items that are good, but worse that the best gear we now have. Nowone would want that, so you'll end up eventually with better gear. So with that, it might be truly possible to onehit a 126.

So the only problem is the hitpoint system. So I think we will eventually see an upgrade to that.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.