GodSword vs. Abbysal Whip

Kill_Thomas9

like ive said, theyve been trying to bring down dchain prices forever now... i wouldnt be surprised if dplate came out. but dplates still gonna be pretty useless (and ugly) - look at dfh... costs 3x 3rd age melee helm and is still worse and uglier.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this weapon should be something that changes depending on what you are fighting. An example would be that its power changes with the level of the person/monster that you are fighting. Here is an example:

You fight a lessor demon, level 82. The str bonus and attack bonuses change to that of the lessor. Now, you fight a ket. The str and attack bonuses change to that of a ket (way more powerfull, but so is the ket). Could that posably work? :-k

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

I think this weapon should be something that changes depending on what you are fighting. An example would be that its power changes with the level of the person/monster that you are fighting. Here is an example:

You fight a lessor demon, level 82. The str bonus and attack bonuses change to that of the lessor. Now, you fight a ket. The str and attack bonuses change to that of a ket (way more powerfull, but so is the ket). Could that posably work? :-k

Vewy gud idea, sounds "jagex-like".

C1Geq.png

Wow, interesting. I hope whips plummet in price. >:)

Although, I may have missed something, but how does this compare the weapons?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Why do you hope whips plummet? Are you a noob who can't afford one at 1.6m? -_-' Many people worked their [wagon] off getting 85+ slayer, and you want to sabotage that?

td2sig.jpg

Why do you hope whips plummet? Are you a noob who can't afford one at 1.6m? -_-' Many people worked their [wagon] off getting 85+ slayer, and you want to sabotage that?

I don't appreciate that comment. Of course I can afford one. but, if the prices drop, then I can afford that and something else. Geez, what a way to assume. And besides, if you don't have 85 Slayer, or, don't PK a lot. And or don't have a whip, I'd bet you'd want them to go down. And besides, if you wanted the DFH to go down, should I call you a noob for not being able to afford one? Of course I wouldn't.

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

I don't appreciate that comment. Of course I can afford one. but, if the prices drop, then I can afford that and something else. Geez, what a way to assume. And besides, if you don't have 85 Slayer, or, don't PK a lot. And or don't have a whip, I'd bet you'd want them to go down. And besides, if you wanted the DFH to go down, should I call you a noob for not being able to afford one? Of course I wouldn't.

I don't want whip to go down, and I don't slay or PK. Whip is too cheap to make the game balanced; 1.6M is way too easy to get for the best weapon in the game.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I don't want whip to go down, and I don't slay or PK. Whip is too cheap to make the game balanced; 1.6M is way too easy to get for the best weapon in the game.

True. But, if the Godsword is at least as fast as a D longsword, the whip will, I think plummet. Unless, its really slow, and or doesn't give as good as a bonus. But hey, only time will tell.

I apologize for my comment, Saruman. It was uncalled for... But yes, for being as good a weapon as the whip is, it should be worth more. And I believe that either the GS will be two handed or if it's faster, it will be too expensive to have much of an effect on the whip price.

td2sig.jpg

Dont get your expectations too high or youll be disapointed..

+1 On that, I think alot of people are going to be disapointed.

People are always disappointed with updates 'cause they get so much hype on these forums and always turn out to be fairly good but they expected the whole of runescape to be changed. These kind of people deserve to be disappointed because they expect too much from jagex.

Sig.jpg

I apologize for my comment, Saruman. It was uncalled for... But yes, for being as good a weapon as the whip is, it should be worth more. And I believe that either the GS will be two handed or if it's faster, it will be too expensive to have much of an effect on the whip price.

Its ok.

And, I just realized, I'm indicisive about it. Yes, the whip should be worth more, but overall it will plummet. Because, if it raises in price, then more people will get 85 Slayer and thus camp at Abbys thus getting more whips thus, the market eill get flooded, and the price will drop. But yea, I wish for a highly unrealsonable whip. Awesome stats, but only around 1m GP. Because, even though I can afford it, I want it to be cheaper, so I can also buy other things. :boohoo:

What exactly defines the price? The difficulty to get it? The speed? The power? The sheer pwnage? No one knows...

Price is actually not determened by any of these, but supply and demand.

If demand is high and supply is low, its super expensive.

If demand is low and supply is high, its low in price.

But, If the demand is high, but the supply is high (Whips) They continue to fall until the demand is higer than supply, or until they go so low the supply refuses to get more, and thus making demand higher.

However, if both supply and demand are BOTH low, like erm..

Bronze Boots? Then they arn't worth much, since theres no demand :)

Thats how it works.

Example:

Dark Bow.

On day of release, it was low supply and high demand = High price.

A month later, still a semi-low supply, but not as high demand, so a fairly lower price.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Ideally, that was meant to be rhetorical, but you did an awesome job of explaining that... to other people... not me... cause I knew that, yeah.

*dodged a bullet there, whew*

Off Topic: What exactly does (sp?) mean?

sp?= unsure of spelling.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

The d med didn't drop much after the d full came out. I think the godsword would cost to much for the whip to plumet :-k

I agree. If the Godsword is much better than the whip, the whip would probably only decrease by 200-300k.

It was the same with the Darkbow. The price of the next best weapon (msb) was so low, and the price of the new one so high, that the msb was hardly affected.

Although if the price did drop 200k, that would be equal to a free barrows repair, or 1k cannon balls. But a weapon that varies in power depending on your att/str/def/hp ratio would be awesome.

For example. Jagex makes a weapon intended for pkers. It would be great at 80att/90str/40def/80hp, but not so good if you have 85att/90str/90def/85hp. This weapon would also be good at 40att/45str/20def/40hp, since it is the same ratio. This would let people use a much wider variety of weapons, instead of the one with just the "best stats".

Its ok.

And, I just realized, I'm indicisive about it. Yes, the whip should be worth more, but overall it will plummet. Because, if it raises in price, then more people will get 85 Slayer and thus camp at Abbys thus getting more whips thus, the market eill get flooded, and the price will drop. But yea, I wish for a highly unrealsonable whip. Awesome stats, but only around 1m GP. Because, even though I can afford it, I want it to be cheaper, so I can also buy other things. :boohoo:

I loled because of how many times you used the word thus =p Sorta redundant but at least you got the point across.

transformerfy9.jpg