Eventually they'll run out.

Iv_Green_vI

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RuneScape is a storyline, not a game.

Jagex is probably a good four years into the storyline, and are adding to it with rough idea's about characters, quests, npcs, weapons...etc.

Its highly unlikely they will run out of idea's. There's around 70+ plot lines that have no conclusion, or have ended but have hinted to another part to that plot.

Your avatar is disturbing. I dont want to look at it...

~On topic:

Runescape's combat system is out of date, and is boring to put it bluntly.

Jagex needs to add something like this:

But a weapon that varies in power depending on your att/str/def/hp ratio would be awesome.

For example. Jagex makes a weapon intended for pkers. It would be great at 80att/90str/40def/80hp, but not so good if you have 85att/90str/90def/85hp. This weapon would also be good at 40att/45str/20def/40hp, since it is the same ratio. This would let people use a much wider variety of weapons, instead of the one with just the "best stats".

This would add much needed variety to runescape's combat system. The only downside would be that it disrupts the stock market concerning weapons and armour, and the fact that this would be useless for level 126's.

Link to thread >Link<

It seems to me in your own quote, that if the person has 80 80 50 the wep will be good. but if it's 50 80 80 it won't.. that seems to me that if they make this weapon they're discouraging defence. and I'm pretty sure we all know that Jagex dislikes pures ALOT!

Iv Green vI.png

hawtzo5.png

Parallel to the question of "ideas running out" is the question of RS2 being able to handle it. The question of hitpoint balance against more powerful weapons is one that often crops up.

Ultimately, RS2 will end up on the wane, it's already surpassed anything that would ever be expected of a Java browser game, but that does rather paint it into a corner.

Mind you, you only have to look at other Java projects like LG3D, to show that Java has capabilities far beyond what Jagex are currently using.

Another possibility, the free play / item cash shop model of funding seems to be gaining considerable ground in MMORPGs, maybe Jagex might head down that route for the future of RS.

Where does RS2 end up? Does it continue to evolve, as there have already been some major engine updates, by some ways of counting, RS is already at version 5.

Does it get superseded by "RS3", the same as RS2 replaced RSC?

Does Runescape eventually hit a "finished" state, where it will no longer be updated and just run for as long as there are still paying or F2P players.

You ever tried posting a suggestion on the RSOF? You're lucky if it lasts 10 hours before disappearing.

There's no shortage of ideas thats for sure.

RS downfall will come from programming limitations. The game will eventually become too complex for the java script to handle.

Harrington.gif

People are still paying for their membership, when they stop updating people won't buy membership anymore. When there are no more ideas left they will not make money anymore.

RSC is still played by few survivors, back in 2001-04 people played even tho updates didn't come too often. Of course the current speed attracts many people, but saying that stopping update would drive people away is false. It would drive some off, but I assume at least 10-20% would still stay IF they kept at least some kind of customer support and allowed still registering to the game.

I'm really sure they will NOT run out of ideas. Seriously, even me alone can think of 100s, let alone a whole team of developers.

The possibilitys with quests are endless, with adding new stuff to existing skills amost endless. Thinking of new skills is a bit harder, but not impossible. Maybe you need to think a bit out of the box for new ideas about that.

The only thing that is a problem is the limited hitpoint system. So far a player with max boosted hitpoints (105 or so?) can almost get one-hitted. Bossmonsters can only have 255 HP, which is extremely less compared to there combat level, and makes it much 'easier' (as it still can be very hard) to kill them.

Still the community will eventually demand better gear. Jagex could release new items that are good, but worse that the best gear we now have. Nowone would want that, so you'll end up eventually with better gear. So with that, it might be truly possible to onehit a 126.

So the only problem is the hitpoint system. So I think we will eventually see an upgrade to that.

I agree with the first part, there's too many things that can be updated to actually run out of ideas. A new area, monster or quest isn't a too big deal and different varieties on them are endless.

I don't agree on the hp part, tho. How is it a limit that people can get one hit? The max hit of players could easily in my eyes go over 99, seeing as we got monster with over 300 hp. Also why would hp need any updates? Pkin can be enjoyable even with current hp, Jad has shown that monsters can nearly 1hit people and still be killable and so on. The 99 limit on hp is definately not a problem in my eyes.

Look at the amount of money Jagex is getting in PER MONTH. If they close the booth down can you say - Got Brain?

No1 would just close a company that makes multimillion profit every year and is still growing. However selling Jagex or Runescape wouldn't be impossible. When RS is being closed, it is when it isn't worth investing anymore, as long as it can make money, it won't be closed by anyone.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

"300 Java programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against over 1 million angry players in 'The battle of Misthalin'. They fight for honor, glory, and new content, sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is blasphemy! This is Madness! This. Is. JAGEEEX!"

This is going in my signature.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

if they will run out of ideas it will be veeeeerryyy not soon because..well...there is a sugestion forums..and i think it was created beacuse there was no ideas and oh jagex is not one person , and other jagex workers have ideas too , not just andrew or paul. so a whole bunch of ideas isnt used yet...maybe because its hard to create them...?

style2,Eyeball-spc-Lt.png<-- refresh to see other picture

I don't think they're going to run out of ideas anytime soon. But I'm hoping at least that eventually they'll run out of things to add to skills because they ran out of ideas for new skills and have already updated all of the existing skills with things to do up to level 99; and that that will push them to move the level cap from 99 to something like 125+

Well, I'am sure they have tons of ideas and with new ideas they leave room for improvement and higher quality items (like better defenders, blood crafting and skill oppotunities beyond level 80 or so where most skills end abruptly).

A Jagex mod mentioned on the RSOF once (in response to a thread concerned RuneScape 3) that they have many ideas and areas to work on that will keep them busy with RuneScape (2) for a long time yet.

Obviously they must limit the amount of updates every month and year, so an idea they have tomorrow may not make it into the game for years.

A slow bleed of gradual smart updates is what is needed and is (generally) what they are doing.

Drow4.png

Jagex won't run out of ideas ever. The only thing that could happen to Runescape is when it original creators have to give the game up to other people, then RS will see major changes. But only then will it see changes.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Ok, Jagex may eventually run out of ideas, but Runescape will have ended for another reason long before that happens.

If you doubt this, just look at the sugestions in the RSOF. It'd take centuries for them to try and use even a quater of those ideas.

Lmao. Well, maybe if they ever do run out of idea's they may just release Rs3? Would keep us quiet for a couple more years :P

Sar4 Str1k3.

Proud member of Fatality.

Joe,0,ffffff,000000,0.png

Ok, Jagex may eventually run out of ideas, but Runescape will have ended for another reason long before that happens.

If you doubt this, just look at the sugestions in the RSOF. It'd take centuries for them to try and use even a quater of those ideas.

Lmao. Well, maybe if they ever do run out of idea's they may just release Rs3? Would keep us quiet for a couple more years :P

Apparently they're releasing a game called "MechScape" later this year... (this is a rumour).

From a person who "apparently" worked for jagex and got fired for looking at bank accounts (which I find hard to believe because they don't just give that type of access to new members) however, he knew exactly how many rares I had before I took a public screenshot :-k