The general theory behind challenge scroll drops

gunshafted

okay, there are far too many topics being started (in tip.it and outside) regarding challenge scroll drops. They have become a completely forgotten minigame because of the "rarity" of the scrolls.

There is only one point i want to make with this thread. It is one i have known well for a long time and yet noone else seems to believe or understand

CHALLENGE SCROLLS ARE NOT RARE!

you ever noticed how people always say "i tried for a scroll at "n" for days and days then hilled 20 "b" and got one just like that!". Seriously, EVERYBODY says this. This isn't ridiculous luck.

There are, what, 10 or so different monsters you can get challenge scrolls from, the theory is this:

All players have a chance of getting a scroll drop from 1 of these 10 monsters, and no chance of one from the other monsters until the champion that they can receive is killed. At this time, the randomizer will start again and the player has a chance of getting a scroll drop from 1 of the 9 remaining monsters and no chance of one from the others.

You may dismiss this theory as utter cowpats if you like, i mean sure, why would jagex not tell us this?

if you genuinely want challenge scrolls, here is what i propose you do:

- kill 100 of one of the champion monsters

- if no scroll has dropped by then, move on to the next monster that drops a scroll

- kill 100 of these new monsters, if no challenge, try a new monster

keep going in this pattern and i can almost guarantee you a challenge scroll (unless you are horribly unlucky)

i have done genuine research on this and i know it is correct, please do not dismiss this

siggity siggity shwa

you copied this. cause i saw it somewhere else 6month-1year ago. no offense good to see orther ppl saying that the arnt rare :D

get it in your mind

CHAMPIONS SCROLL ARE NOT RARE! :wink: :D

there was no offense aganst the author of the guide i just seen this on the rsof 1 year ago :-w

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

you copied this. cause i saw it somewhere else 6month-1year ago. no offense good to see orther ppl saying that the arnt rare :D

get it in your mind

CHAMPIONS SCROLL ARE NOT RARE! :wink: :D

there was no offense aganst the author of the guide i just seen this on the rsof 1 year ago :-w

well praise for saying "no offense" but please don't say i'm a plagiarizer, i figured this out by my own hand. even if it was originally on the rsof, people STILL don't know about it and it's worth someone reposting it.

and its quite hard to get hard numbers on this considering i already have most of them and i'm too impatient to sit and kill thousands of monsters just to prove a point, sorry.

siggity siggity shwa

if its not rare then why would you have to kill thousands of monsters to prove it? hmm?

sorry, you haven't convinced me, I still think its an uber rare drop.

oh my god, you guys just don't want to be helped, i don't know why i bother...

id be killing one hundred of 10 different monsters to get a 100% accurate description, id need to kill thousands if i was doing an investigation, which i'm not. i could probably get the entire set in 1500-2000 kills, but i'm not really the killing type.

siggity siggity shwa

I killed imps for 5 months when the scrolls came out. Also killed other monsters. Finally got the scroll, and it was from the imps.

If your theory was true, imps were the only monsters that I had the chance to get the scroll. In that case I was really, really unlucky with imps because it took me so long.

Excellent theory, it might just work. I'll go put it to the test right now!

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

if its not rare then why would you have to kill thousands of monsters to prove it? hmm?

Did you read what he said at all?

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

okay, there are far too many topics being started (in tip.it and outside) regarding challenge scroll drops. They have become a completely forgotten minigame because of the "rarity" of the scrolls.

There is only one point i want to make with this thread. It is one i have known well for a long time and yet noone else seems to believe or understand

you ever noticed how people always say "i tried for a scroll at "n" for days and days then hilled 20 "b" and got one just like that!". Seriously, EVERYBODY says this. This isn't ridiculous luck.

There are, what, 10 or so different monsters you can get challenge scrolls from, the theory is this:

All players have a chance of getting a scroll drop from 1 of these 10 monsters, and no chance of one from the other monsters until the champion that they can receive is killed. At this time, the randomizer will start again and the player has a chance of getting a scroll drop from 1 of the 9 remaining monsters and no chance of one from the others.

You may dismiss this theory as utter cowpats if you like, i mean sure, why would jagex not tell us this?

- if no scroll has dropped by then, move on to the next monster that drops a scroll

keep going in this pattern and i can almost guarantee you a challenge scroll (unless you are horribly unlucky)

i have done genuine research on this and i know it is correct, please do not dismiss this

and u ex[ect a java script to do all this!?

BAHAHAHAHA

LOL invite? PM me :)

nosailing.png

Maxed Kitten.png

Didn't Jagex once say something about third age being "rarer than a champion scroll from an imp"? Implying that the scrolls are, in fact, uber-rare drops?

"Rarer than a left half from a skeleton"

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

I remember hearing about this theory a long time ago, and I agree that it would make a good deal of sence for the drops to be orginized like this. Afterall, I was able to get goblin and hill giant champion scrolls on the same day (no joke). However, I then killed around 100-150 of each other possible monster with no luck. I started doing this again and got through a few sets of monsters before I got bored of it and gave up. A few months later, I got a champion scroll from a lesser demon while on a slayer task. This inspired me to once again try killing around 100-150 of each possible monster. Yet just lilke before, I was unable to recieve another one.

My conclusion - While its possible that there may be some hidden selected monster for you to kill, there is no real proof. Either way its still really rare.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Didn't Jagex once say something about third age being "rarer than a champion scroll from an imp"? Implying that the scrolls are, in fact, uber-rare drops?

Oh, well I know they said "rarer than a champion scroll from an imp" about something, I just can't quite remember what. Maybe chain from a dustdevil? Doesn't really matter actually.

so much lulz @ you.

You didn't even read the post, did you?

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

BAHAHAHAHA

And what do you know about java?

It's java, not javascript. At least get that part right.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Oh, well I know they said "rarer than a champion scroll from an imp" about something, I just can't quite remember what. Maybe chain from a dustdevil? Doesn't really matter actually.

I'm not positive, but it could've been the rarity of getting a dragon chain from cashing in barbarian assault points (too lazy to look it up, but i remember Jagex saying that also).

Anyways, this doesn't really convince me, because

i have done genuine research on this and i know it

is correct, please do not dismiss this

then

and its quite hard to get hard numbers on this considering i already have most of them and i'm too impatient to sit and kill thousands of monsters just to prove a point, sorry.

I'm not sure if I read this right, but it looks fishy to me.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

i have done genuine research on this and i know it

is correct, please do not dismiss this

then

I'm not sure if I read this right, but it looks fishy to me.

His downfall, but I do like his theory as a possbility though.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

BAHAHAHAHA

Random monsterSelected = new Random(9);

boolean scrollDropped;

boolean []monster = new boolean[9];

monster[monsterSelected.nextInt()] = true;

if(scrollDropped = true)

{

monster[monsterSelected.nextInt()]=true;

}

Something like that, I know i forgot some stuff, but it is definitely possible :mrgreen:

lalalasig2.png