Dark Bow Vs Magic Shortbow

Andrew_s_2

I been debating about this with my friends for a while now and decided to share it with the people of tip.it.

Ok, a little story to start things off. I recently just bought a dark bow because i've been interested in it for a while now. After i bought the bow i instantly went to Cws to have some fun. It was very fun, got some nice compliments on it as well O:). But than one of my friends came with an msb and we shortly debate which is better. This went on for some time until we did some tests.

Results:-The time it takes for Msb to attack twice, the Db attacks once; both bows shoot 2 arrows in the same time.

-DB has more Range attack than the Msb

-When fighting someone with range protect and really good def the msb will rarley hit, while the DB spec always hits no matter what.(thought it may not be a high hit)

SO after a while he admits the DB is pretty impressive.

Some Facts:

Dark Bow Stats-Attack: Stab +0, Slash +0, Crush +0, Magic +0, Range +95

Defence: Stab +0, Slash +0, Crush +0, Magic +0, Range +0

Other: Strength +0, Prayer +0

Weight: 1.0 kg

Requirements to Wear/Wield/Use: 60 Range.

Special Attack:

It shoots any arrows, up to Dragon Arrows, two at a time. The special attack is Descent of Darkness, which inflicts up to 30% more damage, done with arrows below Dragon, when using dragon arrows, it inflicts up to 50% more damage. Both attacks will always hit.

The Dark Bow beats crystal bow 9/10

crystal bow 9/10 is 96+ range att

Dark bow is 97+ range att

Magic Short Bow:

Attack: +0 Stab, +0 Slash, +0 Crush, +0 Magic, +69 Range.

Defense: +0 Stab, +0 Slash, +0 Crush, +0 Magic, +0 Range.

Other: +0 Strength, +0 Pray.

Requirements to Wear/Wield/Use:Level 50 Ranged.

Special attack Snap-Shot: This attack allows you to fire two rapid shots at your opponent, however the speed reduces your accuracy (Power Drain 55%).

I've noticed they use aboutt he same amount of special energy(special bar) for the special attack, and DB Special is more effective than the Msb special.

Ending statements:

In my opinion the DB is more effective.

he time it takes for Msb to attack twice, the Db attacks once; both bows shoot 2 arrows in the same time.

The DB special usues same amount as MSB and is way more useful.

When you only have enough time for one attack, Db will get 1 more attack in than Msb.

Ex. When someone is running past you at castle wars on the second floor of your base, you can only get one attack in. Msb, would get 1 attack in(unless you use special) While Db gets 2 attacks in.(when i say atatcks i mean arrows shot)

What to you think? DB, or Msb? Feel free to post your opinions, and how you feel abut the subject.

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Db better. But, if you die, MSB costs 5k.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I have found that msb is by far better then a dark bow; this is training with iron arrows like a normally would. Also if your looking for something that is better then both of them and not to expensive a rune c bow w/ mith bolts.

Getting another sig

[removed]

I prefer dark Bow. But like teh poster above me, msbs are so cheap. When i need one, i chop down a mage log, and cut and string a msb.

DB costs what 2M. MSB is definitly better for the price, but if you havb eth emoney , go for the DB.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I was wondering which bow was best too, so I decided to do a "super range test". By that I mean I used an Msb, Dark Bow, Rune Crossbow, and Full Crystal bow on Bloodvelds. 10 kills with each bow, Mith ammo for all non crystal bows, zammy book with the Crossbow, no potting, no specs, 89 Range. I timed each kill, averaged for each bow and got(in seconds):

MSB: 37.2

Dark Bow: 45.6

Rune Crossbow/Zammy Book: 34.8

Full Crystal: 33.4

Addy bolts might be able to beat the Crystal Bow, but I had a pretty bad kill(46 seconds) with the Crystal.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

I prefer dark Bow. But like teh poster above me, msbs are so cheap. When i need one, i chop down a mage log, and cut and string a msb.

DB costs what 2M. MSB is definitly better for the price, but if you havb eth emoney , go for the DB.

Pretty much what i was gonna say. And it also depends on the special also, do you like a cool slower recharging spec or the opposite?

228996.png

You are wrong. In the time it takes for a D bow to fire, an MSB can fire 6 times. MSB owns Dark Bow, hands down.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Range weapons are more sophisticated than "which is better."

1) Dbow designed for KO's/a single strong powerful hit, not for general use.

2) MSB is designed for speed.

3) CrysBow is designed for distant targets (think CW).

4) CrossBow is designed for versatility and general use.

Still, Dbow > MSB; MSB is outdated compared to crossbow.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I was wondering which bow was best too, so I decided to do a "super range test". By that I mean I used an Msb, Dark Bow, Rune Crossbow, and Full Crystal bow on Bloodvelds. 10 kills with each bow, Mith ammo for all non crystal bows, zammy book with the Crossbow, no potting, no specs, 89 Range. I timed each kill, averaged for each bow and got(in seconds):

Addy bolts might be able to beat the Crystal Bow, but I had a pretty bad kill(46 seconds) with the Crystal.

You didn't collect nearly enough data for that to be conclusive. Go back and kill 1000-100000 with each bow, and then your data will hold some weight.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

From personal experience, Dark Bow is WAY too slow. Two arrows hit maybe 10-15 MAX (69 range, iron arrows), but, MSB will be MUCH faster in hitting those maxs, so, MSB is better IMO, unless its pking, but, never tried that.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

I'd say crystal bow would be more effective in ranged training over its ammo-required counterparts, as the time it takes to pick up your arrows/bolts, (as well as the stray one or two ammo some money-saving people like to pick up) adds up and is taken away from time that could otherwise be spent dealing damage and obtaining exp.

However, this is somewhat negated with the degradation of the crystal bow (lacking much power when it is in its dying stages) and the time taken to recharge the seed after it is all used up.

imo, for training: MSB=Crystal Bow>Rune cbow>dark bow.

I like speed over power, tbh. :P

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

You didn't collect nearly enough data for that to be conclusive. Go back and kill 1000-100000 with each bow, and then your data will hold some weight.

kill at least 100 of ea for a good result 1k wil take to long

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Dark Bows are great for range pking

Basically when a F2P Pure is fighting someone in wild they use rune scim most of fight and then when the oppenent is low hp they might pull rune 2h for K0

You can do the same thing with MSB's and Dark Bows

Do afew hits with msb and rune arrows until they are low then pull out dark bow and dragon arrows and do spec which will k0 them

I'd say crystal bow would be more effective in ranged training over its ammo-required counterparts, as the time it takes to pick up your arrows/bolts, (as well as the stray one or two ammo some money-saving people like to pick up) adds up and is taken away from time that could otherwise be spent dealing damage and obtaining exp.

However, this is somewhat negated with the degradation of the crystal bow (lacking much power when it is in its dying stages) and the time taken to recharge the seed after it is all used up.

imo, for training: MSB=Crystal Bow>Rune cbow>dark bow.

I like speed over power, tbh. :P

Actually I find crystal bow = rune crossbow > dark bow > magic short bow.

I based that on blue dragons that I have killed about 2000 of.

But it's probably because blue dragons have quite high defence.

igsig.png

It really depends on what your looking for. Power or speed. I would like to see what a fight between 2 people with similar stats would be like, while one used darkbow and one used msb

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

Simple rule for if I ever have enough cash to buy a DB:

Msb for pking and training, DB for everything else...

What's left after pking and training? Shooting noobs in both eyes and laughing?

siggied ^.^

I've always used the msb....Mainly because I'm too poor to afford a db.

OFF TOPIC: Does anyone know how much mithril bolts are?

Treasure trail items: 9

Dragon drops: 0