No one respects Capes of Achievements..

Yohbilleh

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Factoring all skills, its still extremely easy.

And HP is the hardest combat-related skill.

what is easy?

ye hp is hardest but i was talking only about atack,str,defence.

he's saying it's easy compared to most other skills: runecraft, mining, farming, agility, slayer....ect.

clansig7.gif

Factoring all skills, its still extremely easy.

And HP is the hardest combat-related skill.

what is easy?

ye hp is hardest but i was talking only about atack,str,defence.

Strength...did you not read what I quoted?

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Lol Farming is the biggest buyable skill ever.

Magic + Palm + Calquat trees = 200K xp a day for like 30 mins of clicking.

I find it funny how so many people think 99 farming is hard to get. It isn't. It just costs a lot of money.

But you still have to wait for the trees to grow which takes time. Also if a skill is expensive that implies that it is difficult.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

It's a matter of time, really, not skill. I don't really "Respect" anyone with a skill cape, they just played a certain amount of time to get it. It's not like you need precise hand-eye coordination or amazing speed or anything like that.

.::Congratulations!::.

I just advanced a spamming level!

Now I need to find a decent Signature.

It's a matter of time, really, not skill. I don't really "Respect" anyone with a skill cape, they just played a certain amount of time to get it. It's not like you need precise hand-eye coordination or amazing speed or anything like that.

This isn't Halo 3, this is runescape. There are lots of other skills than hand-eye coordination (which isn't even tested in video games, it's just reflexes). In this game patience is the key.

Looks like the mentality of your average scaper has two possible extreme:

-On one side, the ignorant who thinks that it's impossible to achieve 99 in a skill because that's too much repetition to manage

-On the other side, the ignorant who thinks that doing a repetitive task for hours upon end takes no skill whatsoever and can be achieved by anyone.

Obviously, both are completely wrong because skillcapes as well as most goals in runescape have PATIENCE as their key and I can say for sure, that not everyone has the ability to craft over a million runes, or slay hundreds of thousands of beasties. Therefore, it does take quite a bit of skill to get a skillcape in runescape, just like any other MMORPG

How much you respect it is really up to you, but if you think that no skill is required to sit down and repeat the same task over and over again you are dead wrong and your inability to do so simply proves my point even further. I can just tell by the way you act that your skills are very low because it seems you do not understand the magnitude of these accomplishments.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

2 reasons for that:

1: skillers can get

2: they added cook-all and attach-all and cut-all

So a lot of ppl can just get it without doing anything but wait and check out some other stuff.

Only reason herblore doesnt have 20.000 99s yet is because its pricy, but fletching gives profit and cooking aint that pricy

The+Murder21.png

Masters jadder The Murder21 Vids:

Jad + rubber chicken = fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1EpLely_Q

they are jealous or mentally challenged

it takes hard work to get any cape even if you buy the skill you still have to do all the fletching, cooking etc.. ya fletching and cooking capes arent really achivments anymore but runecrafting, construction,farming,herblore,crafting,mining,smithing,farming,fishing those are very hard 99's in my opinion.... just my thought's on that ::' and grats on the 99 fletching

Maybe they don't respect them because it is just an item in a silly game. Wow 99 con, I'm so leet.

No, you're not, but everyone with 99 construction is.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Maybe they don't respect them because it is just an item in a silly game. Wow 99 con, I'm so leet.

Good one there pal. I don't even have it. I guess I forgot to put [/sarcasm]. Con is easy it just takes money... And what I'm saying is what is there to respect? It is just a game. Who honestly cares how long it took you to get 99 rc? "Hey man I respect you for sitting behind your screen and doing the same thing 5462652 hours in a row!"
wpsig1ht5.gif

I'm very new to the game, (Been playing for 30 minutes) but I don't see how other players cant respect Capes Of Achievement, Congratulations on the cape! (Yes, I say congratulations, not grats, congrats or grtz.)

I created this new specially designed scam detection software i've code named "common sense", it's saying its a scam.

Good one there pal. I don't even have it. I guess I forgot to put [/sarcasm]. Con is easy it just takes money...

Heh, well put. "Just takes money", ya couple dozen million gp, not too much of a dent in da good ol' wallet!

And what I'm saying is what is there to respect? It is just a game. Who honestly cares how long it took you to get 99 rc? "Hey man I respect you for sitting behind your screen and doing the same thing 5462652 hours in a row!"

I don't play the game, and if I may so arrogantly say so, I've found in the past that I'm known and hated on this specific forum for my complete lack or respect for items or accomplishments of players in the game. But things like Construction, Lava, Slayer etc. Capes, or actions such as being the first to fight a boss monster, that I respect. I respect patience, guts and skill in the game (for the few areas that need it), and if you can't respect patience and skill, I can't see you respecting much of anything.

Tad arrogant, if I may say so myself.

I'm very new to the game, (Been playing for 30 minutes) but I don't see how other players cant respect Capes Of Achievement, Congratulations on the cape! (Yes, I say congratulations, not grats, congrats or grtz.)

What's wrong with congrats or 'grats :-s ?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

they already said it. the Buyable capes don't get a lot of respect. I get a ton of positive feedback for my fishing cape, and in comparison I was like 790th person in runescape to ever get 99 fishing.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

To me, 99 fletch\cook is a joke now with the x option. I got 90 cook before cook x came it, it was no fun back then, and i got 99 fletch before string all came out, which wasnt as bad as cook. When i went from 90-99 cook, it took me literally all of 3-4 days? The big money skills arent exactly easy either, making 200m+ for skills takes some time. (my staker friend made 600m in 20 mins, so would be no problem for him, on the other hand it took me 2 months or so to make 200m :? )

Itsme7.gif

Good one there pal. I don't even have it. I guess I forgot to put [/sarcasm]. Con is easy it just takes money...

Heh, well put. "Just takes money", ya couple dozen million gp, not too much of a dent in da good ol' wallet!

And what I'm saying is what is there to respect? It is just a game. Who honestly cares how long it took you to get 99 rc? "Hey man I respect you for sitting behind your screen and doing the same thing 5462652 hours in a row!"

I don't play the game, and if I may so arrogantly say so, I've found in the past that I'm known and hated on this specific forum for my complete lack or respect for items or accomplishments of players in the game. But things like Construction, Lava, Slayer etc. Capes, or actions such as being the first to fight a boss monster, that I respect. I respect patience, guts and skill in the game (for the few areas that need it), and if you can't respect patience and skill, I can't see you respecting much of anything.

Tad arrogant, if I may say so myself.

It isn't that hard to make the money for construction... Most people just choose not too. You respecting those things is your opinion. But I don't see why you would. Its a game. I never knew you could earn respect by sitting all day on your comp repeating some action over and over. Sure it takes patience, but that doesn't mean you have to respect them for it. But you can think what you want.
wpsig1ht5.gif

i got the Fletching cape when there was about 5000 others and no String ''all''

option.also why i got fletching was: its my favourite skill.cooking was just too easy i did it in a week -.-

now i dont even wear my fletching,cooking capes anymore their too common.Id rather high alch them for 50k :roll:

It isn't that hard to make the money for construction... Most people just choose not too. You respecting those things is your opinion. But I don't see why you would. Its a game. I never knew you could earn respect by sitting all day on your comp repeating some action over and over. Sure it takes patience, but that doesn't mean you have to respect them for it. But you can think what you want.

That's completely wrong. Most people will take weeks to get the 100m needed for construction. You claim most people just choose not to, that's just a biased assumption that you can't even prove.

Just because this is a game doesn't mean you shouldn't get respect. Getting to 99 con is something that only 300 or so players WORLDWIDE have been able to accomplish. That commends a ton of respect.

Then, saying "it's not hard, all you need to do is sit in front of your computer repeating the same action over and over" is like saying "It's not hard to win the 100m Olympic race, you just have to run fast". The idea is that, yes it sounds simple, but out of the millions of rs players, only a select 300 or so have managed to accomplish this.

Then, if it's so damn easy, where's your construction skillcape? Surely you would have already obtained a cape that you claim is easy yet is among the rarest of them all.

they already said it. the Buyable capes don't get a lot of respect. I get a ton of positive feedback for my fishing cape, and in comparison I was like 790th person in runescape to ever get 99 fishing.

Speak for yourself, whenever I put my cape on I am the center of attention. :roll:

You can't just say "all buyables are not respected" because some of them are very much respected such as herblore, construction, prayer. People who say buyables are not respected refer to the easy ones like our extremely common duo: fletching/cooking.

BlueSig6.jpg

That's completely wrong. Most people will take weeks to get the 100m needed for construction. You claim most people just choose not to, that's just a biased assumption that you can't even prove.

Just because this is a game doesn't mean you shouldn't get respect. Getting to 99 con is something that only 300 or so players WORLDWIDE have been able to accomplish. That commends a ton of respect.

Then, saying "it's not hard, all you need to do is sit in front of your computer repeating the same action over and over" is like saying "It's not hard to win the 100m Olympic race, you just have to run fast". The idea is that, yes it sounds simple, but out of the millions of rs players, only a select 300 or so have managed to accomplish this.

Then, if it's so damn easy, where's your construction skillcape? Surely you would have already obtained a cape that you claim is easy yet is among the rarest of them all.

Speak for yourself, whenever I put my cape on I am the center of attention. :roll:

You can't just say "all buyables are not respected" because some of them are very much respected such as herblore, construction, prayer. People who say buyables are not respected refer to the easy ones like our extremely common duo: fletching/cooking.

It doesn't take long to get 100m if you know how to earn money... Why don't I have a con cape? Because I quit RuneScape... Im sure if I still played I would have more things like that. But if you want to show respect to someone for their avatar and screen staring skills, then go ahead.
wpsig1ht5.gif

It doesn't take long to get 100m if you know how to earn money...

If so, then why is an income of 1 mill per hour praised as one of the best incomes in the game? The only exceptions are staking and merchanting. Both have a lot of prerequisites and both have VERY fluctuating incomes. 100m is not easy to get. If it was, people wouldn't be satisfied with methods that give 500k per hour.

You're not the first person to claim 100m is a small amount of cash, but just like everyone else, when asked to explain how you "easily" obtained such an amount you simply ignore the question.

Why don't I have a con cape? Because I quit RuneScape...

So you've quit runescape but you come back on this forum just for the sake of bashing skillcapes? That's truly pathetic and doesn't change the fact that your skills are nothing to be proud of.

Im sure if I still played I would have more things like that.

Another pathetic excuse, completely meaningless since it hasn't happened.

But if you want to show respect to someone for their avatar and screen staring skills, then go ahead.

I respect people who have patience and determination which are qualities needed for skillcapes. Why are you unwilling to acknowledge patience and determination?

BlueSig6.jpg

smithing, agility, herlore, mining and slayer will always have respect from me.

Im not so sure about cooking or even str... like.. over 20k people has them, dang you guys are unique

What about runecrafting ? :-w

runecrafting wasn't included since there are runners that make levelling RC a lot easier.

You must be kidding!

Like everyone trade you accept from a runner, the experience you gain is like cooking a shark, or even less.

Runners or no runners, Runecrafting is an extremely slow skill to raise and should be respected.

it took me 7 months just to get 99 fishing (an hour a day of monks) and what do i get?

40M and "eA5y SklLL CaPE n00B/"

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

It doesn't take long to get 100m if you know how to earn money...

If so, then why is an income of 1 mill per hour praised as one of the best incomes in the game? The only exceptions are staking and merchanting. Both have a lot of prerequisites and both have VERY fluctuating incomes. 100m is not easy to get. If it was, people wouldn't be satisfied with methods that give 500k per hour.

You're not the first person to claim 100m is a small amount of cash, but just like everyone else, when asked to explain how you "easily" obtained such an amount you simply ignore the question.

Why don't I have a con cape? Because I quit RuneScape...

So you've quit runescape but you come back on this forum just for the sake of bashing skillcapes? That's truly pathetic and doesn't change the fact that your skills are nothing to be proud of.

Im sure if I still played I would have more things like that.

Another pathetic excuse, completely meaningless since it hasn't happened.

But if you want to show respect to someone for their avatar and screen staring skills, then go ahead.

I respect people who have patience and determination which are qualities needed for skillcapes. Why are you unwilling to acknowledge patience and determination?

I could make 100m is a matter of 10 mins by staking... That takes real long... I'm not bashing skill capes because I still like them, I'm just asking why do you respect some pixels. And yes even though I quit, I still do come on here? Is there a problem with that?
wpsig1ht5.gif