No one respects Capes of Achievements..

Yohbilleh

personally i respect ALL capes of acheivement, its just i respect some more then others. cooking and fletching are by far the easiest skills to get because you can litterally buy your way to 99 while other skills like farming, herblore, mining, runecrafting etc i respect at a higher rate because its so drasically time consuming and like mining you cant buy your experiance you have to click over 100m times (carpel tunnel) to get to such a high level. i mildy respect strength because some people i meet mainly pures with it brag "haha noob i have 99 str cape and you dont" course there forgotting i have 76 defence compaired to their 1 so i couldnt give a rats arse but the point is you have to work for it and not buy it, from the looks of it jagex didnt realise this and made 99 skills so very competative. i personally want a 99 cape but dont have the time to put in due to my lifestyle. (you'd think in 6 years i'd have a 99 skill but think again)

note, i highly respect QP cape because you have to keep leveling up skills and doing quests to keep it, 99 fire making (example) all you need is 99 firemaking, QP you HAVE to keep doing quests to weild/buy

Popoto.~<3

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is wrong that people without a skill cape should insult a person who worked hard on a skill for example cooking, fletch, and being a idiot because they don't have a cape so they can't say anything. If the insulter has a skill cape go ahead and pwn him when he is not watching. :P

So I should first waist a month of my life before I can have an opinion about this?

I for one can know without spending all that time that getting a cape is a total waste of time (except for the skills that offer new things at lvl 99).

I have no clue at all why a should respect someone for wasting more then a month of his life, only so he can show off and brag. I'm not giving respect to anyone who thinks who can demand it. Over my dead body.

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

Skill capes are for people who want attention, I myself have firemaking, agility, thieving, hunter, construction, mining and smithing capes (and getting woodcutting cape today). But i never wear them because i don't feel like showing emotes every 5 seconds and they're not even that good looking :|. I only use them when they're useful for the prayer bonus.

wish i had fletching cape lol.

All the skills are hard to get, even if you do "buy" your way. But hey, lots of skills can be bought to 99.

I'd rather get one skill to 99, then use the raw material from that skill to get another 99.

Like 99runecrafting to 99mage, *99wc to 99fm and fletch* and 99 combat (combat being atk,str,hp,def)to 99 prayer

*MY Goal w00ts!*

Magic can be bought though

some of the capes are easy to get, but still, they are all achievements. Take cooking. It's not an achievement in the cape itself because of all the people putting their time and effort into it, but it still takes a LONG time to get to 99.

How much time for 99 fm btw? and cook? And ofcourse rc?

22031_s.gif

I think it is wrong that people without a skill cape should insult a person who worked hard on a skill for example cooking, fletch, and being a idiot because they don't have a cape so they can't say anything. If the insulter has a skill cape go ahead and pwn him when he is not watching. :P

Let's apply that logic to the real world: You don't have a car? You're not allowed to comment on which car is better than another. You don't have a cat/dog/hamster? Don't talk about which is better or ways to house train them. You don't play professional sports? Don't comment on which team is better or what a bad team is doing wrong. Not in a romantic relationship? Don't give relationship advice. Don't have kids? Don't dare comment on the behaviour of children, what kind of job the parent is doing, and whether the kid is likely to end up jail or not.

(Actually that last one is serious... hyper-defensive parents will jump down your throat screaming "You don't have ANY kids so you're not allowed an opinion)

Ananke32.png

Hmmm....

*goes to buy 10000 Green Dhides for 99 Crafting*

Well from level 64 10k hides would get me a whole 9 levels... A bit over 200k hides on the other hand would get me to 99.

200k*1.5k=a lotta k's(300m maybe?)

That's not even including the 7500 runs(which WILL become walks) between the tanner and bank which would cost 200k*20=just a few more k's.(around 4 m). You'd also need less than 100k for spools of thread.(Not really sure just how much work you get out of those). After this you'd need to "craft x" "99" 7700 times. This would then be followed by over 65k high alchs(using nats which would cost you an additional 19.5 m) because it's very hard to find body buyers these days. Those 65k alchs would give you a 30.4 m boost.

The total cost of the entire endeavour would be around 323.6 million gp, and the final step would gain you 30.4 m.

So crafting to 99(for me) would leave me at 293.2 million gp in the red, this would also take a very, very, LONG, time...

Fletching, on the other hand, for me would be just about 77k yew longbows which would earn me at least 40 gp per bow (360 gp per log + 200 gp per bowstring = 560 gp raw, selling bows cheap at 600ea to alchers). This would take clicking "make x" hitting "99" (easier to hit a random number twice than 2 and 7) about 2850 times. This would be followed by arduously clicking make all 5500 times.

So fletching to 99(for me) would take around 100 hours(just a guess really) and earn me 3.08 m (at bare minimum).

That is why I don't respect the fletching cape. I've never bought any materials for cooking, so I have no idea what fish and the like buy/sell for.

Anybody with a crafting cape, however, will get a congratulatory zombie dance.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I respect anybody who gets a skill cape, this shows a dedication to the game.

Ok so here is the cost for some 99's. Please note these a estimates and use the fastest method possible and current market price. I could have made an error

Magic 60 Million

Using simple mind spells until 55, then only 198k high alchs

Fletching 45 million

Using a range of unstrung bows, then 20k unstrung willows, than 82k strung yew bows

Construction 95 million

217.5k oak planks

Cooking 30 million

100 Chicken, 1k trout, 120k lobsters (allowing for burning)

Crafting 310 million

800 gloves, 10.3k hard leather bodies, 68k Green Bodies

Firemaking 3.7 million

335 normal logs, 145k willows

Prayer 80 million

51,724 Dragon bones on a gilded alter

Smithing 261 million

130 bronze, 1k iron, 578k gold

Runecrafting 150 million

Crafting 1.5million ess into natures

Now from memory it only take <300 hours at pest control to achieve a 99 in a combat skill

Now heres the ulitmate situation where this would make you profit

• If you went and fished 145k lobsters (99 fishing)

Cooked them (99 Cooking)

Then went and fought 70k green dragons (99 attack, 99 defence, 93 HP)

crafted their hides (99 Crafting)

Mined 1.5m pure ess (93 Minning)

Crafted 1.5 million natures (99 Runecrafting)

High alched the hides (99 Magic)

Use the money from the hides 315 million to get

99 fletching, 99 construction, 99 firemaking and 99 smithing 99 herblore, 99 farming

Than burry the dragon bones in your new gilded alter (99 prayer)

But i still love any skill cape

I might get slated for this but it is my honest opinion...

Fletching cape with low wc and cooking cape with low fishing are both less respectable than no cape in my opinion.

Basically if I look at someone stats and they have 99 fletch and 50 wc I think "well they have nerfed their stats" it appears a) as pure desperation for a cape b)to be pointless getting fletch to 99 if you bought it.

The point of getting 99 to me is to earn a bit from it. If you bought it you earnt a very small percentage of what someone who wc'ed it got. The same is not true however for smithing for instance. 99 smith with 88 mining for instance I would not think of in the same way because a 99 smither can smith more items than an 85 smither. A 99 fletcher cannot fletch any better items than an 85 fletcher, therefore why get 99 if this costs you significant time and you make no benifit from it?

These are the only two capes that I would actually look at the wearer as nobier than someone without a cape, and only in the given instance that they bought the skill. How can I respect 99 cook if it was bought, the xp rate per day in cooking is huge if you buy a million raw sharks.

Any other cape congrats it really is an achievement to get 99. Especially RC, herblore (whether bought or not) and mining. If you have one of those capes it is an uber achievement.

I respect anybody who gets a skill cape, this shows a dedication to the game.

Ok so here is the cost for some 99's. Please note these a estimates and use the fastest method possible and current market price. I could have made an error

Magic 60 Million

Using simple mind spells until 55, then only 198k high alchs

Fletching 45 million

Using a range of unstrung bows, then 20k unstrung willows, than 82k strung yew bows

Construction 95 million

217.5k oak planks

Cooking 30 million

100 Chicken, 1k trout, 120k lobsters (allowing for burning)

Crafting 310 million

800 gloves, 10.3k hard leather bodies, 68k Green Bodies

Firemaking 3.7 million

335 normal logs, 145k willows

Prayer 80 million

51,724 Dragon bones on a gilded alter

Smithing 261 million

130 bronze, 1k iron, 578k gold

Runecrafting 150 million

Crafting 1.5million ess into natures

Now from memory it only take <300 hours at pest control to achieve a 99 in a combat skill

Now heres the ulitmate situation where this would make you profit

• If you went and fished 145k lobsters (99 fishing)

Cooked them (99 Cooking)

Then went and fought 70k green dragons (99 attack, 99 defence, 93 HP)

crafted their hides (99 Crafting)

Mined 1.5m pure ess (93 Minning)

Crafted 1.5 million natures (99 Runecrafting)

High alched the hides (99 Magic)

Use the money from the hides 315 million to get

99 fletching, 99 construction, 99 firemaking and 99 smithing 99 herblore, 99 farming

Than burry the dragon bones in your new gilded alter (99 prayer)

But i still love any skill cape

I like the initiative but there's some issues. Overall, you didn't factor in the return. You get money back from a lot of those skills.

Then some specific issues with skills:

For construction, you forgot the cost of the butler so here's the formula:

Cost = (n * 10 000)/(t * 8)

where n = number of planks

and t = number of planks per trip

For smithing, the current fastest method is making steel platebodies (more expensive than the gold, but also faster)

For cooking, the fastest method is using sharks

For magic, I *think* that the fastest reasonable method is using onyx enchants.

For firemaking, burning yews is a faster method (also very expensive). The next one up is using maples. Willows are VERY slow.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Those 99 skill prices :lol: .

If you're using oak planks to get 99 cons, you're obiviously using demon butler too. Don't forgot that you have to pay him too = + 15m.

With goldsmith gauntlets my 99 smithing costed only 100m, and i could've sold my gold bars for 30-40m. so that's only ~60m

Crafting 310m? Did you forgot that you can sell those green d'hide bodies for almost the same price you bought the hides/leathers for?

You're wrong on the 60m estimate for mage.

When you alch, don't forget you're getting money back...

On average, I only lose 122 gp/alch. So, at 198k alches, that's a 24.1m loss.

600 (yew long) + 290 (nat) = 890 gp

890 - 768 (alch returns) = 122 gp

122(198k) = 24,156,000 gp loss

i dont understand why ppl say 99 strenght is easy skill its the harest meele skill coz u have to use d scimi for it many ppl have it coz there are lots of pures with 99strenght.

if you want respect dont try to earn eat via your cape but still if you want to wear a cool cape go get a firecape 8-)

33165171ty6.png

i dont understand why ppl say 99 strenght is easy skill its the harest meele skill coz u have to use d scimi for it many ppl have it coz there are lots of pures with 99strenght.

if you want respect dont try to earn eat via your cape but still if you want to wear a cool cape go get a firecape 8-)

Factoring all skills, its still extremely easy.

And HP is the hardest combat-related skill.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....