No one respects Capes of Achievements..

Yohbilleh

If you have 99 herblore and don't have 90+ farming, you are failed herblorist, failed to use the way Jagex intends herblore to be lvled. IMO.

You have to remember that the farming skill was introduced not too long ago while Herblore has been around forever. There are people who may have had 99 Herby before farming came out.

yea, i honestly had 60 herblore before farming came out. sure its not alot, but i actually did do alot of herb hunting.

slayer chaos druids abbernat spectres(crazy good).

Fair enough. :| Still the amount of 99 herblorers as stated by aglips should stand a small percentage of it.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fletching is a skill that is extremely fast to level, and the fastest ways to level it still make money. Runecrafting is the only other skill that allows for you to break even or make money with the fastest training methods (nat runners/w99 law runners/w16 air runners), but runecrafting is so slow even with the fastest methods that it's a very impressive 99.

But really, with fletching, you want respect for a skill where 100k XP/hour and profit is possible? Where you have swarms of autoers ready to sell you all of your supplies? Not going to happen. At least cooking requires a loss of money, unless you are a really crafty trader.

People aren't respecting pixels? this is an outrage!

Haha this made me laugh.

As most people have already stated in this thread, the easier capes that don't take too much money/profit and are fast xp (Fletching, Cooking, Firemaking) aren't as respected, a lot of people have these stats at 99. I see so many each day, it's ridiculous. But there are more and more of the slightly harder skills (combat skills for example) that are becoming fairly common as well.

Some skills just don't get respect. If you're trying to level up to 99 in some of the easiest skills, don't expect much respect from them, you probably won't get any (or very little).

So to all of those people that do end up whining about not getting the respect for a lvl 99 stat, go out and get a harder one.

But then again, a lvl 99 stat IS after all a lvl 99 stat. So you do naturally get some respect, for patience.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

its not to much the skill for me, its the choice to go to edge and cook 100k lobs when u could be doing something funner like pking. that is why i respect them. i mean it is really hard to stick with it and not quit at lvl 94 where u cant burn anything. i have used up 1m out of my 4m (then i got scammed 2m) to get to my lvl so far (f2p the whole way so far)so idc what others say its a big accomplishment for me!

1 defence pure pvp vid 1:

sig.jpg

jedislayer14.png

Proud to have achieved 97 cooking F2P

yes, i agree with basically everything that has been said so far, about certain 99s to obtain being too easy and quick, BUT, each 99 does take alot of focus and time to get, and then think about it. even if 25k+ people have 99 fletching, thats still only 25000/1million Runescape members that has that skill at 99. Thats about 2.5% of the runescape members that has 99 fletching, so it cant be too common.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

I see obtaining any 99 as a great achievement. However, it is very clear that some other skills are quite a lot harder / take more commitment to train, so I acknowledge those who have put in the time to obtain those "hard" 99s, but I also acknowledge those who have put in the effort into any 99. I mean, I don't even have a 99.

Usually, if you have a:

Combat Cape (Except possibly prayer)

Fletching Cape

Cooking Cape

or Firemaking Cape

then you won't be as respected as other players, but I would ignore them. Rs is supposed to be played for fun, not trying to obtain pixels so other people that you have never met can respect you.

Bubb_Rubb.png

Do you really need the respect from others to justify the time spent in getting the level? Why did people get 99's before skill capes? They got it as a sense of personal achievement. Before you couldn't show off 99 cooking/fletching/slayer without having people look up your stats.

I don't see the big deal with these achievement capes. Don't start saying "Well you don't have any 99 stats", I know I don't, I've been playing for over 3 years. It just shows how much time I spend in this game. My "Show off" item is my fire cape. Just based off of that, I see a hell lot more achievement capes than fire capes. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more fletching capes than fire capes.

I see achievement capes as a show of patience, as it takes time to get to lv 99 and fire capes as a show of skill. But that's another subject.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

all capes need to be respected

period

Lol. Like I just said on the other topic, no cape deserves respect. The person behind the pixels does. Not for what they have done, but for who they are and how they treat people.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

*= Take time / = money

Skill you can buy:

Range*/

Prayer*/

Magic*/

Runecrafting*/

Construction*/

Herblore*/

Crafting*/

Fletching*

Smithing*/

Cooking*

Firemaking*/

Farming*/

SKill you cant buy:

Attack*

Strenght*

Defence*

Hitpoints*

Agility*

Thieving*

Slayer*

Hunter*

Mining*

Fishing*

Woodcutting*

Every skill take time to get to 99. How come some people dont respect people with 99 fletching and cooking? I've seen someone on this thread that said 99 Firemaking aint hard? lol? you tried to burn 140k willow log? Do you? no? Stfu?

oie_080707215636np9.png

Come live a day in my shoes it gets pretty bad wearing my cape around.

It's just that there 25,000+ people with that cape and it's kind of "old".

If you wore around 1 of the "rare" capes theres emote beggers and people who say "WOW :shock: "

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Come live a day in my shoes it gets pretty bad wearing my cape around.

It's just that there 25,000+ people with that cape and it's kind of "old".

If you wore around 1 of the "rare" capes theres emote beggers and people who say "WOW :shock: "

Quit trying to hide it, you like the attention -.-

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Every skill take time to get to 99. How come some people dont respect people with 99 fletching and cooking? I've seen someone on this thread that said 99 Firemaking aint hard? lol? you tried to burn 140k willow log? Do you? no? Stfu?

EVERYTHING IN THE GAME TAKES TIME. That statement backs up your argument in absolutely no way, shape, or form. Nor has any argument on this thread that I've seen (arguments, which sadly are composed of merely the two statements "they're just jealous" and "it's 99, respect it").

Please, someone tell me, how is setting a "Respect Bar" at 99 for every skill logical? That bar is at different levels for each skill, at varying quantities of time spent and qualities of work required for the difficulty of the skill. For it to be logical, to respect 99 Fletching and Cooking Capes, it would also be required of the giver of respect to honor the work all players put into anything that takes two weeks, whatever that may be for each skill. Why respect 99 Fletching, but not 45 Herblore? They take about the same time to achieve, the same amount of difficulty, so why not? Why is 99 Cooking on a pedestal, when certain other skill levels that take the same amount of work are given little to know respect at all?

Anyone care to respond? Had enough with the same ol' one liner jargon for the past four pages, let's hear some in depth defense from the other side.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I love how people say skills like blah blah are easy to buy then they say runecrafting is hard....well how many people stand on world 36 with all their idiot friends or poor noobs who want free nats and just click all day?

*= Take time / = money

Skill you can buy:

Range*/

Prayer*/

Magic*/

Runecrafting*/

Construction*/

Herblore*/

Crafting*/

Fletching*

Smithing*/

Cooking*

Firemaking*/

Farming*/

SKill you cant buy:

Attack*

Strenght*

Defence*

Hitpoints*

Agility*

Thieving*

Slayer*

Hunter*

Mining*

Fishing*

Woodcutting*

You can buy slayer, or at least buy enough exp so you can get a max of 60k slayer exp per hour. (Cannon + cannonballs with tasks like dagganoths, kalphites, fire giants, etc).

I respect all 99 capes. It's just that there are some capes that I respect more, simple as that.

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

You can buy slayer, or at least buy enough exp so you can get a max of 60k slayer exp per hour. (Cannon + cannonballs with tasks like dagganoths, kalphites, fire giants, etc).

I respect all 99 capes. It's just that there are some capes that I respect more, simple as that.

As someone who has 94 slayer, I'll tell you right now that 60k slayer exp per hour is impossible. Dagg tasks are not common at all, and even with a cannon you won't hit 60k per hour on that task.

Normally, slayer is between 10 and 15k exp per hour, but more towards 10k for anyone under 120 combat....

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

I respect whoever has 99 farming. Whoever can stand around doing nothing for weeks is a GOD to me. :shock:

People who have 99 farm payed farmers to watch the tree and got xp while training. They probably barley farmed actually.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

It seems like the subject of skill capes is always going to be a gray area as far as this debate is concerned. There are so many reasons why a person gets a 99 in a skill, and how other people view them is all based on their perspective... of which there are millions. I got 99 woodcutting because since RS classic, it has been my favorite skill. I enjoy it a lot, and it was just a coincidence that I love the way the cape looks. I think anyone who has a 99 should get props for the time they spent doing one thing, because it's very easy to get discouraged and quit a 99 goal, no matter what their motives are.

But even I have to admit to being guilty of looking at fletching and cooking skill capes in a different way than others. Usually when I see someone with one cape they have the other, and I always think to myself "ah, of course." And personally, I don't ever even want to own a cooking or fletching cape, and I don't really enjoy either skill. That said, I would never berate another player or talk down to them for having one of those capes. They did their work, and just because it isn't one of the "coolest" capes doesn't mean they aren't proud of having it. And if they want to show off a little, I think that's ok. It's only natural.

Personally I don't think this topic is even really worth debating anymore. It seems like whenever one of these pops up, it's 10 pages of people being split down the middle and the same things keep being said. More and more people are playing this game every day, so of course more and more 99s are being achieved. We just gotta go with the flow 8-)

that's my two cents

dino_da_gino.png

I love how people say skills like blah blah are easy to buy then they say runecrafting is hard....well how many people stand on world 36 with all their idiot friends or poor noobs who want free nats and just click all day?

Dissing runecrafting now are we? How dare you bash one of the hardest skills in the game?

The situation can only be done realistically with 91+ rc, so getting to 91 will require some other method

Furthermore, organizing that kind of running can be tricky, and a lot harder than other skills. (also requires 100% attention)

Finally, even while that is fast experience compared to other rcing methods, it's only 50k per hour.

This whole idea of you just have to "sit in one place and train all day" is supposedly a reason why the skill is easy? what a load of crap! If you have to "sit in one place" and train for 4 months, the skill is not easy. It's the timeframe that matters, not your location.

Rebdragon has a very good point about disproving this whole "all 99s are equally respectable". You can't just decide that as an arbitrary baseline since some 99s take 2 weeks, others take months and months. You can't compare apples and oranges. The whole idea of "all 99s are respectably" is just an attempt to make cooking/fletching capes seem better by comparing them to all other 99s. From a value point of view this just isn't the case; 2 weeks spent doing minimal clicking is not equivalent to 3 months of constant clicking.

The saying "all skills are equal" should instead be "all skills are equal, but some are more equal than others"

Another commonly used argument is "you don't even have a cooking/fletching skillcape so you can't diss mine, and if you do you're jealous". That's a personal attack more than an argument, and I dislike it when people attack the person instead of trying to beat their arguments. It's a cowardly move and I'm not going to show any sympathy for it.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )