No one respects Capes of Achievements..

Yohbilleh

Some people without them don't know how hard they are to get them.

On the first day i got my fletching cape, some people were like

"Wow, big deal!"

"I dont care!!"

"i could do that."

I would like to see them even try to get one..

Discuss

sig.gif

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the fletching cape is common so everyone has seen one now if you got a farming cape then everyone would say grats and well done as it is rareer than most other capes

13zwenn.png

If skillcapes aren't an acheivement anymore why the hell am i still cutting?

they should keep they're thoughts to themselves, i'd love to see them powertrain for over 3 months for a freakin cape :P

(gratz on getting a fletch cape, any99/skillcape is an acheivement ::' )

Zaroterasu.png

The reason dont respect you and your fletching cape is because its alot easier than others to get... Buying enough thigns for 99 fletch is only 30mil (i think) whereas buying 99 smithing (which actually has a great advantage to getting to 99) is alot harder to do and costs a hell of alot more in time, effort and money. Also Herblore, runcrafting, famring and construction are harder skills to level so people with those capes are respected more.. However i dont beleive anybody deserves respect by having a cape.. Where respect is shown respect is given within my circle of friends.. In fact soem of the people i respect most only have a 400total level with no skills above 60.. They have integrity, are trustable and just nice people.

-Ejd

Agree with the above posters, I respect people who have got skill capes that are difficult to achieve, ones that are pretty rare. Your siggy says it all really, you were ~25000 to 99 fletching - that is a lot of people with that cape - you seem them around all the time. It is pretty easy just to buy your way all the way to 99 in that skill (and cooking) without even running it at a huge loss.

However, not to belittle your achievement, well done on getting to 99, don't let anyone get you down about it, you are proud of what you did and how long it took you to get it and that should be all that matters, not what random strangers tell you.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

It's always been that way that certain capes such as cooking & fletching earn less respect since they are relatively easy compaired to other capes. Other capes such as melee are becoming that way as well.

Eventually, few capes will earn respect. Players are constantly advancing thus, achievement capes will gradually lose their elite status.

Either way, I believe that unless Jagex seriously screw with the game, Runecrafting, Slaying and Smithing will always be heavily respected.

Harrington.gif

Construction is lame because all you do is stand in one place, it's basically a more expensive version of Cooking or Fletching.

Skills like Runecrafting, Farming, Slayer and Agility are all skills that are actually challenging to get. Other skills that are bought like Herblore, Smithing, Crafting etc are repsected too, but only because they take both effort to buy the supplies and take a long time to get up.

Also, I have noticed Thieving is starting to lose its respect because of Pyramid Plunder. This disappoints me as alot of people, including myself, got 99 thieving with no Pyramid Plunder, where it was ALOT harder to get.

Fletching and Cooking are capes that most people would only bother getting to trim another cape, and to be honest, if I got 99 Cooking or Fletching I wouldn't waste the money and bankspace to buy the capes.

squidprobanditkiller2gb8.png

92/94 magic

88/90 ranged

82/90 prayer

If you just got a 99 to show off your cape and earn respect you're not much better ya know.

Get a 99 cause you like the skill, not to brag with the cape..

Construction is lame because all you do is stand in one place, it's basically a more expensive version of Cooking or Fletching.

Skills like Runecrafting, Farming, Slayer and Agility are all skills that are actually challenging to get. Other skills that are bought like Herblore, Smithing, Crafting etc are repsected too, but only because they take both effort to buy the supplies and take a long time to get up.

Also, I have noticed Thieving is starting to lose its respect because of Pyramid Plunder. This disappoints me as alot of people, including myself, got 99 thieving with no Pyramid Plunder, where it was ALOT harder to get.

Fletching and Cooking are capes that most people would only bother getting to trim another cape, and to be honest, if I got 99 Cooking or Fletching I wouldn't waste the money and bankspace to buy the capes.

Construction may be harder but it still takes some time to make the 100M+ needed for 99 :?

And about comparing thieving and cooking/fletching, 99 thieving now comes as fast (if not faster) than fletching so maybe it would be a waste of money and bankspace aswell?

People who got 99 cooking before "Cook X" probably feel the same way as you do about thieving, respect other people's opinions maybe?

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

Generally I don't really respect Cooking/Fletching/Firemaking.

My respect for people went down a bit also, thats due to a few experiences friends have had with 99 slayers. (They have huge egos)

Really? I had a chat with someone with 97 slayer and he/she seemed nice, he/she even invited me to his/her 99 slayer party!

sig.gif

Scope, lol, I never said anything against people who got 99 cooking before the cook x option, I simply said Thieving has lost respect due to the ease of the skill now.

I wasn't disrespecting other peoples opinion, I was just pointing it out.

squidprobanditkiller2gb8.png

92/94 magic

88/90 ranged

82/90 prayer

Scope, lol, I never said anything against people who got 99 cooking before the cook x option, I simply said Thieving has lost respect due to the ease of the skill now.

I know, just saying you're in the same situation as them (and me partly, though the largest part was with cook x)

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

I agree with you on Thieving. I am also probably the first "plunder product" to agree with it too. Yes, thieving was too easy to get 99. It was fun too. But not enough people go for 99 thieving for it to be a fletch/cook like cape. There are what, 2,500 99 Thieves? Thats not many compared to the 25,000+ of the other two. Believe it or not, I read on RSOF a few months ago that Thieving was the 9th rarest cape? I not sure about that, so don't quote me on it. It was rarer than prayer though.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

smithing, agility, herlore, mining and slayer will always have respect from me.

Im not so sure about cooking or even str... like.. over 20k people has them, dang you guys are unique

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Cooking and Fletching have no respect at all. Which is why I'm trying to make my 2nd 99, 99 fishing.

I got 99 fletching due to it being a good profit maker. I hit 95 and thought I may as well get a 99.

I also have a quest cape, which gets more respect than cooking/fletching.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I dissagree, in most part because the skill extends beyond just leveling. Yes, its not difficult to level the actual skill, but also you have to factor in the time spent on getting the money for the level.

But I believe any skill cape is an achievment, even cooking or fletching.

Ya, some are easier to get than others, but you still took the time to get a 99, and that in my opinion is still an achievement.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Construction also takes a lot more clicking than fletching and cooking... Not to mention the fact you're all alone in your house whereas people training fletching and cooking tend to do it in groups or near other people.

I bought the planks for 99 construction but I got so bored with it I jacked it in and sold the remaining planks, I certainly respect anyone who can sit through all that building :).

I have an RC cape which gets quite a bit of attention, so I wouldn't say no one respects skill capes, it just depends on the skill.

ki7Gvlk.png

To hell with humanity;

The more I see, the less I believe.

I just got my first cape.. an untrimmed HP cape.

Nothing worthy of "respect" but at least it's pretty uncommon. ;) And I do think the fact that some capes are so common is why they are no longer "respected". Same goes for the fire cape, actually.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Cooking\Fletching are the ones I look down upon. Firemaking actually requires loads of clicking and since theres no "fire make X" option, its respectable in my eyes.

I guess the reason I don't like seeing those capes is because its really pretty easy to get and doesn't require that much money nor very high amounts of clicking. Now a skill like 99 agility\slayer\mining\wc\fishing\rc... mostly all skills except str-cooking-fletching. Those require intense determination and patience.

randomkcopyq.png

Unless you are extremely wealthy no skill is easy to get a 99 in. This accounts for the vast majority of Runescape players. I've been working on fletching for a while now - buying the logs and bs when I have spare cash and then alching them for cash - but it is still a mammoth task. Sitting there to cut and string another 40,000 yew longs is something that I can't face or afford to do as a single task - and this is supposedly the easiest 99 to achieve!

I respect anyone who has the time and patience to dedicate to getting a 99 in any skill, no matter what it is.

That said, someone with 99 RC or smithing are just on a diffferent level to most players. These are real achievements that deserve the ultimate respect.