No one respects Capes of Achievements..

Yohbilleh

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol

i see a lot of griping about being respected for a 99 skill. getting a cape doesnt earn you respect. it is how you treat others and what you do to improve the rs community is the only thing that earns respect from me. there is too much pressure put on people to get capes, thinking that somehow it will change how people see them??

the lava cape is too easy to get. the pit should be one big circle, no "safe spots", then it would deserve a little respect to see one.

i didnt buy any of my stats, i just played the game, collected/traded things for skills i wanted to level.

the sad part is once you get 99 it is pretty much done for you, unless you want to get 200mil xp. range was like that for me, that was prolly my most favorite thing in the game.

i did got burned out on fletching before i got 99 though, i still have a lot of logs left. i may get back to it someday, for me balance is the key.

lol at 10000 green hides to 99 crafting, ive done 2x that in blue hides and my crafting stinks.

*on a side note*

i think the emote for 99 agility is pretty cool 8-)

arkwelded.png

semi-retired as i am the lastest victim of computer crack!

AKA... World of Warcraft

I don't look at the cape when I want to know how the person is.

So for a person to earn respect from me, he can't just get a

Cape of Achievements.

For a person to earn real respect I must know the person, he might be an a-hole in real life.

I "respect" a Pure F2p 99 Miner more than a P2p 99 Miner.

I think Jagex is ruining the game with all these Make-x, cook-x, string-x

etc. RuneScape is a great game but by making it easier and easier it will

lose the hard-working, patient players and more and more under

13 years old immamture kids will come to RuneScape, the Hiscore list will

be ruined, most Capes of Achievements will not be "respected" at all

some will be looked down to and RuneScape will un-offically change

name to KindergartenScape.

Cooking/Fletching Capes are probably the first in the line to be

the "looked down to" capes, if Jagex doesn't stop to make this game

easier and easier more and more capes will be less "respected".

I just hope Jagex never updates F2p! :pray:

(I really mean it, I love F2p as it is!)

Some people without them don't know how hard they are to get them.

On the first day i got my fletching cape, some people were like

"Wow, big deal!"

"I dont care!!"

"i could do that."

I would like to see them even try to get one..

Discuss

lol, i said all three of those quotes, and i did get it.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

to all ppl that dont respect 99 cooking or 99 flechting anymore:

WHERE IS YOUR LVL99 CAPE?

HI I NEVER RESPECTED THEM, I DENDT BUY THE CAPE DOUGH :cry:

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Back in the early days, if you had a single 99 skill, then everyone knew you.

Wow, the times have changed.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

If a person has only cooking or fletching at 99, i think they're a lazy idiot who wanted an easy cape. Simple. No one repects those capes because the deserve no respect.

That is BS and you know it. Of course some skill capes are always harder than others. But each 99 still requires a lot of time, even fletching and cooking. Spending 2 full weeks for one cape is A LOT of time, that's not lazy. Those capes are not something to brag about (then again, nothing in this game is worth bragging about), but it's still a decent achievement, worthy of respect.

ALmost every player in the game deserves respect, some more than others. If you can't even respect players with only the 99 in cooking or fletching, than how on earth do you think about players who don't have a 99 skill?

phata_elise.png

Disrespect is uncalled for, but why do you expect respect for having one? To me it just says this person has a lot of time to dedicate to a game. The act of leveling isn't really difficult, so I don't see why you should expect people to revel over how much stamina you have.

Some people without them don't know how hard they are to get them.

On the first day i got my fletching cape, some people were like

"Wow, big deal!"

"I dont care!!"

"i could do that."

I would like to see them even try to get one..

Discuss

I wear my construction skillcape and I get none of this. Coincidence? I think not.

If you went for fletching cape in order to gain pride and respect from others you wasted your time. Cooking/fletching capes are not a big deal. That's just the way it is.

If you want to stand out, try going for a cape that isn't owned by over 20k players.

Not all skills are equal, not all achievements are equal, not all capes of achievement are equal. In fact some skills are MUCH easier than others, there can be a tremendous difference (not a small difference like some people claim), such as slayer 99 and cooking 99.

Construction is lame because all you do is stand in one place, it's basically a more expensive version of Cooking or Fletching.

You really are ignorant,

Cooking and Fletching:

-cost very little

-get a lot of cash back from production

-have an "x" function meaning it requires very little attention

-are owned by over 20k players (each)

-have among the most generous hourly exp rates compared to any other skill

Construction:

-is one of THE most expensive skills in the game (over 100m)

-gets NO cash back from produce

-has NO x function and requires 100% focused attention

-is among one of the rarest skillcapes, owned by only about 250 players

-has less generous hourly exp rate compared to fletching/cooking

Since construction is clearly MUCH harder than cooking/fletching in every single way, I must conclude that you have no idea what makes a skill harder than another.

Just the fact that you stand in the same spot and level is completely meaningless. Runecrafting can be leveled that way and it is regarded as one of the hardest 99s!

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I do not disrespect your cape, but simply your act of demanding respect.

Of which there is a hell of a lot of on this thread.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Personally I dont think either are too much of an achievement if its the only players 99, but if the cape is trimmed it does get more respect from me :?

2376/2376 total achieved - May 2009

Retired Dec 2009

If you have 99 herblore and don't have 90+ farming, you are failed herblorist, failed to use the way Jagex intends herblore to be lvled. IMO.

You have to remember that the farming skill was introduced not too long ago while Herblore has been around forever. There are people who may have had 99 Herby before farming came out.

yea, i honestly had 60 herblore before farming came out. sure its not alot, but i actually did do alot of herb hunting.

slayer chaos druids abbernat spectres(crazy good).

Skills are constantly becoming "Easier". For example I got my 99 range a long time ago now and now it's become a lot easier due to the chinchompas. It does annoy me a bit that I spent hours upon hours getting 99 range and putting a lot of effort in to it and now people can get it a lot quicker than I did.

yea its amazing how far ranged has gotten ranked down. ive been 90+ range for some time, when i was like 87 last year i was like 11k or something now im 93 and 15k. yeah. lame.

but for 1 thing they at least have given decent training ammo(bolts and such) other then knives and darts now.

For many people, respect for things comes from a recognition of "awesomeness" of the item. Much like supply and demand and prices, this "awesome" factor comes, in part, from how accessible the item is. Since fletching and cooking capes are relatively accessible, their "awesome" factor is low...

That's why I'm getting untrimmed hits cape. It's inaccessible to many...

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

For many people, respect for things comes from a recognition of "awesomeness" of the item. Much like supply and demand and prices, this "awesome" factor comes, in part, from how accessible the item is. Since fletching and cooking capes are relatively accessible, their "awesome" factor is low...

That's why I'm getting untrimmed hits cape. It's inaccessible to many...

thats not really impressive unless you got it @ a low lvl. like below 97 combat. which is the lowest ive seen for a hp cape(trimmed) yet. just means do controlled @ pc with points on hp.

Um ya, well if you don't have that 99 you should shut up, especially if you don't have any 99s and say "o thats easy blaa blaa blaa", I mean really, some people don't know the (can't believe I'm going to use this word in this situation) effort you put into it.

And even if they have the 99s or just don't like em, you still should acknowledge their accomplishment.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Um ya, well if you don't have that 99 you should shut up, especially if you don't have any 99s and say "o thats easy blaa blaa blaa", I mean really, some people don't know the (can't believe I'm going to use this word in this situation) effort you put into it.

And even if they have the 99s or just don't like em, you still should acknowledge their accomplishment.

Why? If that's true, we should acknowledge everything of that caliber.

That's two weeks of work. Do you think anyone cares enough about other players that they'd respect every two weeks of work each player did? Should we respect everyone with 50 Slayer? Everyone with 40 Runcrafting? 60 Construction? Other random educated skill levels utilized to support my point? No one's care cup is big enough to care about every little two weeks of work people did, even if that two weeks of work grants the player some pretty cape. [if a current player would be so kind to point out how many levels one can get in each skill in two weeks, I'd be greatful for the numbers.]

And yes, I don't have a 99. Thus, by your logic, every point I make is derived from the opinionated fact that I'm a jealous ch00b, regardless of whether or not I play the game or care about the assets of players. But I'd be frikkin' baffled if anyone were so arrogant as to say that 99 Fletching or Cooking is harder to get than 94 Magic, even if it isn't a 99.

Respect should be based on the difficulty and time spent gaining something, not some invisible 99 bar that's irregular with the premise that quality and quantity of hard work and respect should be proportional.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.