No one respects Capes of Achievements..

Yohbilleh

All skillcapes are involved with constant clicking. constant clicking and repetitiveness is just a sign of no life... do you respect people with no life...? :wall: Runescape has changed a lot since ive been off these forums, hey to anyone who remembers me as this'll be my first post in a LONG time. and hey to you all lol.

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All skillcapes are involved with constant clicking. constant clicking and repetitiveness is just a sign of no life... do you respect people with no life...? :wall: Runescape has changed a lot since ive been off these forums, hey to anyone who remembers me as this'll be my first post in a LONG time. and hey to you all lol.

I remember you :mrgreen:

I don't think the topic creator meant irl respect. Of course, repetitiveness isn't going to get you respect irl, but in game, it just might.

I could make 100m is a matter of 10 mins by staking... That takes real long...

From nothing you can stake 100m? I highly doubt that. There's no guarantee that you'll win your stakes. Also, risking a huge amount of money is anything but "easy". For every stake there's going to be a winner and a loser therefore you cannot prove that you can always be on the winning side.

I'm not bashing skill capes because I still like them

Then don't criticize them.

I'm just asking why do you respect some pixels.

So you like skillcapes but you fail to even understand what they are? Skillcapes are symbols, they can represent months of effort and dedication to a skill. Yeah, that's respectable because you can't get it. That's the concept of value. And it's not measured in pixels.

And yes even though I quit, I still do come on here? Is there a problem with that?

Only when you come here to bash other people's achievements and make claims despite your complete lack of achievements yourself. If you learn to understand and accept others, then your presence is valued.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I could make 100m is a matter of 10 mins by staking... That takes real long...

From nothing you can stake 100m? I highly doubt that. There's no guarantee that you'll win your stakes. Also, risking a huge amount of money is anything but "easy". For every stake there's going to be a winner and a loser therefore you cannot prove that you can always be on the winning side.

I'm not bashing skill capes because I still like them

Then don't criticize them.

I'm just asking why do you respect some pixels.

So you like skillcapes but you fail to even understand what they are? Skillcapes are symbols, they can represent months of effort and dedication to a skill. Yeah, that's respectable because you can't get it. That's the concept of value. And it's not measured in pixels.

And yes even though I quit, I still do come on here? Is there a problem with that?

Only when you come here to bash other people's achievements and make claims despite your complete lack of achievements yourself. If you learn to understand and accept others, then your presence is valued.

I never said I win all my stakes or that I stake from nothing. All you need is basicly 1m to get started... Then it isn't long before you can get 100m... I know what skillcapes are but I don't think someone deserves respect just for sitting all day and clicking. And when did I bash anyones achievements?
wpsig1ht5.gif

don't get it either.

99 is a 99, regardless of skill. it's over 13 million in a skill, and no matter what skill, or how you do it, it's gonna take time. Even if you no-life it, it still takes time. It requires a lot of patience and determination, even with fletching and cooking.

I have no right to say any 99 is easier than another 99 because I don't have any. But...

I do believe that 99 cooking and fletching is just a little bit easier then something like slayer or farming.

I respect all 99's though because you never really know how a person got that 99. What if someone with 99 firemaking cut all of their logs to 99? What if someone with 99 cooking fished all of their fish? What if someone didn't use Pyramid Plunder to 99?

a1d50c4e9b.png

269 QP | All Stats 60+ (except Summoning) | Barrows Drops: 8 | Dragon Drops: 1

Thief 99 500k exp from knights in Ardy

2 mill exp from safes in rogues den

10.5 mill exp from masterfarmers

Firemaking 99 11 mil exp from willows to yews all cut myself

2 mill exp from maples from kingdom

Woodcut 99 Logs for fletch and Firemaking till 97 then oaks for construction just outside my house

Agility 99 Gnome course till 40, brimhaven till 55, wildy till 65, werewolves till 80, ook ook ah ah course till 99.

Mining and runecraft are hatefull. Herblore is slow because I never buy herbs nor vials from other players. I will probably do construction by cutting all my own oak logs, wish me luck...

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

I respect all 99's though because you never really know how a person got that 99. What if someone with 99 firemaking cut all of their logs to 99? What if someone with 99 cooking fished all of their fish? What if someone didn't use Pyramid Plunder to 99?

Just because you made it in harder way, it doesn't mean that your 99 cook would be worth more in general than someone else's 99 cook. It might have a bigger personal value to you, but that doesn't make it any harder skill. It's your own choice to do it in a harder way than needed, not anyone else's. Blame yourself for it but don't beg for extra attention.

99 is a 99, regardless of skill. it's over 13 million in a skill, and no matter what skill, or how you do it, it's gonna take time. Even if you no-life it, it still takes time. It requires a lot of patience and determination, even with fletching and cooking.

Yes, 99 is a 99, except certain 99s are "worth" a lot more in terms of taking time, cash and actual work on it. Cooking and fletching require almost no work, they are something between low profit to a small amount of cash lost and they are fast. With your logic we should respect bronze medium helmets as much as we respect party hats: after all they both are worn on your head and bronze med actually has better stat bonuses.

Giving more respect to certain capes or even levels (I personally value 90 slayer for example more than 99 cook) isn't showing disrespect to some less valuabe capes. In my eyes all the 99=99 talks show more disrespect towards those who have maxed a skill that actually is hard.

I've personally hit 99 11 items, once in rsc and 10 times in RS2. I've hit 99 cook and fletch. I know exactly what it takes to actually work on a skill and what it is like to max a skill that is as challenging as cook or fletch. Those both skills are a joke and I give more respect to someone with 90+ slay than 20m+ cook/fletch xp. No matter who has more total xp in a skill, the efford, time and money put into the training is worth more to me.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

ud be suprised at all the attention my slayer cape gets "nice slayer,nice dude mustve taken a while" omg 99 slayer! etc and it can get annoying after a while when ur trying to do something and a bunch of people are asking for emotes lol

522 to 99 slayer

winner40.png

ud be suprised at all the attention my slayer cape gets "nice slayer,nice dude mustve taken a while" omg 99 slayer! etc and it can get annoying after a while when ur trying to do something and a bunch of people are asking for emotes lol

You choose to wear the cape, don't complain about the requests, deep down you love the attention.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Yes...

Dance monkeys dance...

I'd just like to reiterate (sounds like a real word right?) That the mining cape is totally awesomezorz (doesn't sounds like a real word does it?)

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield + DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh + Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core + Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 + Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 + Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 + Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 + Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 + Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 + Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 + Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 + Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 + Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 + Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 + Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 + Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 + Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15+ Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 + Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 + Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 + Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 + Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

If your good at staking its nothing to make money. Ive had a friend go from 1m to over 3 bil in jsut a week. The key with staking is to know when to stop while your ahead (most cannot do this because staking becomes an addiction). Personally, im not much of a staker, only won a few mil stakes, but if your good at it, income is like nothing. To stake also you have to be willing to lose everything, which many cant do (including me).

Itsme7.gif

Some capes just are not very cool. As the author of the post said, he has a cape of fletching...from what i hear the easiest cape to get. I do not respect someone who walks around being a showoff with their cape. The only two capes I respect in any way are slayer and quest capes.

Anyway, since this is about capes, let me say that those ppl who show off their capes in Nonmemb worlds are just showoffs who want attention. When I became a memb, capes did not matter as much, as a lot of ppl I see walking around have capes. Thats why no one cares for the authors cape. A lot of people have them and having a skill cape is not a very big deal anymore.

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

All 99's should be respect. Just some have more than others. As for myself I'm hoping to get some respect from people (IF) I ever achieve 99 firemaking which I doubt I'll ever have any. I wish I could max out on my favorite skills. But just to darn expensive!

Ranger Boot Count: 1 :lol:

Zerkers: 4 Hatchets: 2 Warriors: 2