No one respects Capes of Achievements..

Yohbilleh

i think that to many people are obsessed with skill capes.

if u want to get a skill cape to gain fame amongst players you arent playing the game as you should be. i got my cook cape just because i like the looks of skill capes not to gain any fame its for my own fun.

the game is for fun and thats why you should play it.

kevko1337.png

owner of a cooking cape since 4-5-2007

"he is the man who travels in the land of dragons and magic spells" hero in a dream - ensiferum

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I don't respect people AS MUCH if they have a fletching or cooking cape, but they still had enough patience to sit around for hours and fours clicking stuff for that cape, and at some points thye had to have made some money, so ya

Right now im going for a fishing cape, my first one, and it takes a lot of work (catching monks) to keep myself motivated. Once I do fish enough, im going to cook most of them for 99 cooking, but will anyone respect that I fished for 99 cooking? I doubt it, but if I rpudly wear my 99 fishing cape and show my 90k monks, I think someone somewhere will find it amazing how people can last that long.

63herb3-1.jpg

Rofl. My chair has a fridge, a cooler, a toilet, a shower, and a barbecue bulit in.

Hey, I may have quite Runescape, but I just bought an XBOX 360 and play way to much COD4 with the Gamertag Lava Mage

Fletching, cooking, FM... those easily bought skills are not under rated. Truth is any newb with some cash and patience can get one.

Skill capes which really are hard to get aren't under rated, people give it alot of attention and admire them.

Basically, the common and easier ones to achieve really just grow old too easily thus people aren't too surprised when they see one. (not only for fletching and cooking, attack and str for example too)

bottomsupsiggyori.jpg

Runescaper since June 2005

Blog

Keep in mind that people enjoy getting attention from having a skillcape. Or feel good about themselves after having accomplished a massive goal. That is an aspect of the game

Fletching, cooking, FM... those easily bought skills are not under rated. Truth is any newb with some cash and patience can get one.

Skill capes which really are hard to get aren't under rated, people give it alot of attention and admire them.

Basically, the common and easier ones to achieve really just grow old too easily thus people aren't too surprised when they see one. (not only for fletching and cooking, attack and str for example too)

Agreed with that assessment except for what you said about firemaking. Firemaking may be fairly easy but it isn't nearly easy as cooking and fletching, two elements make it harder:

- the fact that you get NO return from your investment

- the fact that it requires a LOT more clicking

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Yeah, there are some capes which I would simply ignore, such as cooking, firemaking or fletching, but the majority of other capes will gain my respect. Even the Quest cape I will seriously respect someone for simply because of the insane requirements on some quests nowadays.

If I see a cape which I haven't seen before (Construction, Slayer, Smithing, Crafting, Herblore, Runecrafting, Hunter) I would worship him, due to the rarity of the cape.

To those who say Construction is easy, I agree. However owning a Construction cape is a completely different matter. It's not a symbol for someone with patience for repetitive clicking, it's a symbol of being a successful moneymaker, who most likely owns a large business, with a house to match.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

People shouldn't judge just by seeing the Skill Cape. They don't know HOW they achieved it. I am going the HARD way to 99 Cooking. Fly-fishing and cooking the fish I get.

Well that's the problem with self-imposed limitations. Nobody knows you did it, so they just judge you for what you can say. You're better off going for a hard skill lvl 99 instead of making and easy skill hard and then trying to convince everyone that your achievement is worth more than the cape reflects.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Who cares about respect from people you dont know in a game, skillcapes are inferior to firecape, godcape, accumulator, spottiercape or anything else with better bonusses.

Getting respect is the point of the skillcapes. Meaning you get them to show off, although i prefer the economic term: "goods of conspicuous consumption"

Oh and by the way their bonuses exceed all except firecape.

BlueSig6.jpg

Who cares about respect from people you dont know in a game...

I'd say pretty much every player in the game, but that's just me.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I think you get mass respect for ANY skillcape in f2p.

But we all know why. =)

I get a lot of respect for my woodcut cape in members, but not as much now, I get some compliments, I get some who say "why waste your time getting woodcut? =\"

I made over 45m on 99 woodcut, as I did cut Mages from 80 til 99. This took just around 4 months. If people knew that, I think I'd get more respect.

I've also noticed the ignorance for fletching and cooking capes, because they're so popular.

But think about it, cooking costs A LOT of money for 99, if you want it fast, which most people do.

Same with fletching really.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

I personally have 99 cooking, fletching and the QP Cape.

I love the QP cape, it looks really nice, and i have been trying to get a fire cape as well.

The only real reason i wear the 99 cape is for the bonuses. They are not that great, but i dont have a fire cape and they give a nice prayer bonus. Right now its the best for me.

People can disrespect it all they want.

PunkSig.jpg

punk_wise.png

punk_wise.png

It's always been that way that certain capes such as cooking & fletching earn less respect since they are relatively easy compaired to other capes. Other capes such as melee are becoming that way as well.

Eventually, few capes will earn respect. Players are constantly advancing thus, achievement capes will gradually lose their elite status.

Either way, I believe that unless Jagex seriously screw with the game, Runecrafting, Slaying and Smithing will always be heavily respected.

Don't forget mining! It's hard to get 99 in that one without getting Carpel Tunnel.

I've also noticed the ignorance for fletching and cooking capes, because they're so popular.

But think about it, cooking costs A LOT of money for 99, if you want it fast, which most people do.

Same with fletching really.

That's just not true. Buying unstrung bows, stringing, and selling will make you money. Buying logs, making unstrungs, and stringing will make you more money. Both are very fast ways to level fletching.

I think it is wrong that people without a skill cape should insult a person who worked hard on a skill for example cooking, fletch, and being a idiot because they don't have a cape so they can't say anything. If the insulter has a skill cape go ahead and pwn him when he is not watching. :P

i just got the quest cape and people have started respecting me and saying thats awesome and emote pl0x

they work well on non members worlds

miph4.png

[spoiler=Old info]Quest Point Cape Acheived:14 October 07 4:30pm GMT+10 .

15108th to 99 Firemaking: 2 October 08 8:15pm GMT+10

Barrows Drops: Verac Flail, Verac Plateskirt x3, Guthan helm, Ahrim Robetop,

Karil top, Torag plate, Dharok plate, Dharok axe. 1900+ total lvl

Dragon Drops: 6: Dragon Legs (iron dragon), Dragon Spear(shadow warrior), Dragon Pickaxe(4)

DK Drops: Warrior Ring(2)

Bandos Drops: Tassets

when im feeling kinda down i go to a f2p world with my quest cape and after about 10 minutes im feeling great from the compliments lol :D

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

apparantly im a noob for not having quest cape despite the fact i have 4 99 capes says a level 85

Free.png

@Dragonseance #1 to 200m all.

www.twitter.com/dragonseance

You don't get "respect" by simply wasting many hours on a skill. You get it by your actions.

And what could even be a possible solution to your problem?

Rule 16: Players must say congratulations to every player wearing a cape of achievement.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png