Post all RS Screenshots, Videos, and Sounds here!

misterxman

I couldn't care less what other people think about quests, I find them annoying as hell and haven't done a single quest that was enjoyable.

Most quests go about like this:

Talk to NPC A, he tells you to go talk to NPC B. NPC B tells you to go grab/fix something for him. You do what he asks and report back to him, he tells you to take a message to NPC A. NPC A is happy for getting the message and now tells you to take a message to NPC B.

I don't know why but running back and forth between a few NPCs and doing a few tasks here and there for them is just not fun to me.

That's quite an oversimplification, not to speak of the false generalization. I could say that no game is fun because all you do is press buttons A B and C in different sequences, and that wouldn't be true because there are other factors at play.

Plus, it's simply not true for a great majority of the quests available. There's more meat to it than simply running from point A to point B and fetching items (With the obvious exception of one small favour).

crossed_body.png

Questing is the worst thing ever. I had to do Darkness of Hallowvale today so that I could use the other 3 people for Temple Trekking. I was so annoyed with making my way through the city, even though I did have tip its guide open.

There is a general agreement between level-headed gamers that Runescape has some of the best, if not the best, quests out of any MMO.

This, coming from people that dislike Runescape with a passion.

Quests are quite literally, the only pieces of content that are not pure grind in this game. They are the meat of the game, the environment that wraps everything.

I couldn't care less what other people think about quests, I find them annoying as hell and haven't done a single quest that was enjoyable.

Talk to NPC A, he tells you to go talk to NPC B. NPC B tells you to go grab/fix something for him. You do what he asks and report back to him, he tells you to take a message to NPC A. NPC A is happy for getting the message and now tells you to take a message to NPC B.

I don't know why but running back and forth between a few NPCs and doing a few tasks here and there for them is just not fun to me.

Most skills go like this:

Grind. Grind. Bonus XP Weekend. Grind.

Most boss kills go like this:

Attack. Run. Prayer flash. Run.

queste.png303/324

That's quite an oversimplification, not to speak of the false generalization. I could say that no game is fun because all you do is press buttons A B and C in different sequences, and that wouldn't be true because there are other factors at play.

Plus, it's simply not true for a great majority of the quests available. There's more meat to it than simply running from point A to point B and fetching items (With the obvious exception of one small favour).

I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this. All I was saying was that in MY opinoin, quests are absolutely no fun and the worst part of the game. I don't know why you felt the need to let me know that most people think quests are good and fun. That's their opinion, not mine. Arguing over opinions is pointless. Most of the time, you aren't going to sway another person's personal feelings on something, especially when that something is the subject of what you enjoy doing and find fun.

Edit: @Ultra: That's cool, but it still doesn't change the fact that I despise questing but find skilling and boss hunting to be enjoyable. Personal opinions, you aren't likely to change them.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'm not sure where you're trying to go with this. All I was saying was that in MY opinoin, quests are absolutely no fun and the worst part of the game. I don't know why you felt the need to let me know that most people think quests are good and fun. That's their opinion, not mine. Arguing over opinions is pointless. Most of the time, you aren't going to sway another person's personal feelings on something, especially when that something is the subject of what you enjoy doing and find fun.

Edit: @Ultra: That's cool, but it still doesn't change the fact that I despise questing but find skilling and boss hunting to be enjoyable. Personal opinions, you aren't likely to change them.

When somebody says "X is the worst thing ever", and somebody doesn't agree, people tend to defend their views. Especially when the reasons behind somebody saying "X is the worst thing ever" aren't really backed up.

You want to share your opinion, and that's fine. But expect people who disagree with you to state their points. Who knows, we might both agree or learn something from each other.

crossed_body.png

When somebody says "X is the worst thing ever", and somebody doesn't agree, people tend to defend their views. Especially when the reasons behind somebody saying "X is the worst thing ever" aren't really backed up.

You want to share your opinion, and that's fine. But expect people who disagree with you to state their points. Who knows, we might both agree or learn something from each other.

I don't really see us coming to an agreement. I hate quests because of the fact that I've never had any amount of fun when doing a quest, but you seem like you enjoy quests, so I just don't see a middle ground where we could agree with eachother.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

riotq.png

lol whos mad

hidden for the 10 year olds

All I could make out of that was the "we want weed" thing.

A bunch of 9 year olds in middle school talking about marijuana. Old news.

You missed the most important part then: "Leave Brittney Alone!!!!"

I think that was the intent of the entire congregation.

wessan.png

110818221453.png

Went to da trying to stake my bank and quit. I won around 150m. Gave Hedge 60m for turm, Kota a spectral for ovls, and 20m to squig for being the best friend ever.

You're my favorite Mexican <3

necro -.-

14d3da9.png

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

Staked my bank twice in a row and won both times. Did it a third time for [cabbage]s and lost 800M. I'm done with this game.

It's funny because I didn't care at all when I lost lol. Life goes on.

qs2X.png

"Only by going too far can one find out how far one can go." T.S. Eliot