RS official forums finally EXPLODED!!!

ikraz66

Yes, it finally happened. All reason and sense are gone. The rants and recent updates forums are full and no one there makes any sense at all. It hasn't been this bad since they updated pest control. I even heard a rumor about a RIOT, just like when they almost banned swift switch.

Isn't it kind of funny how the Assist System update managed to make everyone angry at Jagex in a way that hasn't happened in months! Unlike all other things people have found reasons to hate Jagex for, this one is based on absolutely NOTHING. The update has hurt nobody, will not affect the economy at all. Its only real purpose is to make trust trades safer.

How has the runescape community finally sunk this far?

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noted this myself earlier while writing up a guide to this new update. Of all the idiocy associated with updates, the sheer volume of insanity associated with this almost completely innoucuous feature is hard to fathom.

No matter how often people point out that nobody can do ANYTHING now that they couldn't do before, it doesn't penetrate the childish, immature, unintelligent masses.

Truly a sad commentary on the state of the RSOF.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Why the hell are they complaining? The assist system is great

Was on the sticky explaining this to a few people...

Nobody seems to understand that, and i quote:

"Before, if you had a willing high-level friend, you could do everything that the new Assist System offers. The difference now is that you no longer run the risk of an unbalanced trade!"

Nothing changed except security, meaning no more requirement for trust trades. And this one isn't even only helping the idiots, like the ditch, this one also helps players with a bit of sense, because we can get help with something without having to trust a complete stranger.

Yes i still people ranting about how it undermines all the work we have ever done on our accounts, and is going to make the economy die...i don't get where they're coming from.

Anyway, the point about the rsof exploding isn't anything new really, it does it once a week.

yes, but even with the ditch the ranters had a little bit of an argument. They ditch DOES make abyss crafting about 1-2 seconds longer. And it IS an eyesore.

But I really can't see anything wrong with assist AT ALL. How do you rant about a PERFECT update?

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

They rant out of ignorance, because they never bothered to read the update, because they are offended now that "noobs" can do "high level" skills.

I blame the educational system.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

They rant out of ignorance, because they never bothered to read the update, because they are offended now that "noobs" can do "high level" skills.

I blame the educational system.

My best inference is that they just want to do what everyone else is doing to make themselves look better.

I find it very hard to believe the average IQ of users in RSOF dropped at all.

Since I can remember RSOF has always been the most brain dead dicussion infestest forum I've seen, and it's only gone from worst to worst, a whole lot of nowhere :wink: .

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

Ha. If you think this is an explosion you obviously weren't around the day that Jagex changed PC. Or the whole pure ess thing. This kind of thing happens every time Jagex releases something the idiots don't like.

I fail to see how this update is in any way a bad thing though...

The only thing worth ranting about is our new little agility mascot.

Agreed :-X

But let's not start a riot, kay?

I'm too lazy. :anxious: And if we did start a riot, RSOF ranters would join us. That is a situation I don not want to be in. :uhh:

Costantino.png

The AS only succeeded in promoting begging. "You get exp for someone else using your skills." I'd rather get exp AND the product of the skill by doing the skill by MYSELF. The worst part is that it caused a massive uprising of beggars, and if a high level ventures into any moderately populated area, he or she will be swarmed by noob moochers who spam "assist plz plz plz plz." The ignore list is only so large, and it cannot begin to accommodate all the masses of idiots who follow you and beg.

td2sig.jpg

the only thing i don't like about it is that the assister can't do anything while allowing someone else to use his skills. Maybe raise the xp to 30k per skill or like 100k per day, 30k goes by reallllll quick

My Walkthrough and Game Guide

http://forum.tip.it/topic/11294-advertise-your-thing-here-all-posted-elsewhere-removed/page__view__findpost__p__4761261

My Youtube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/USDMcat

Latest Announcement:

3-11-11: Both Episodes 1 and 2 of my Borderlands Walkthrough have been uploaded in HD!

The Rants section of the RSOF and infact most of the RSOF is infested with complaints at jagex or some way of getting at jagex. This new, relatively large update has just given them a reason to whine at jagex

I personally think its a great update

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Several people are spamming the Assist topic; pasting in the same post 9 and 10 times on some I saw.

A lot of the 3100+ posts are duplicates of each other.

But hey, people want to max out the rant...

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Wait wait wait, you're just now noticing this? Many of us caught wind of it back in '04...

Of course, most every update has some degree of players that will adamantly disagree with it, doesn't much matter which board it's at. RSoF gets thrust into the limelight more times than enough because it's the most commonly accessed.

Besides, let the little kids whine about it. If they get your attention with their crybaby attitude and paranoia about a new update, then their pointless [and often baseless] rants have served their purpose -- to get under your skin.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

As I've said before: "Most of the Community now are nothing but spoiled little brats who whine when they get something they don't understand or "didn't want", they need to grow up, or just leave."

The assist system has nothing really wrong with it, it just makes people not get scammed out of gems and whatnot. Lot's of people complained about people stealing their gems when they were offering "Free Gem Cutting" Now they can do it safely without the chance of being scammed. How is that bad? It isn't. They're just whining because the same idiots whine about every update, they need to leave, they don't help anything. And then they persuade Jagex to reverse things or change things that make the people who had no issue with it angry because they changed it. Oh well, hope Jagex doesn't remove the system or change it horribly because of these fools.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Most of the people who are whining are off-base on what is actually wrong with the Assist System. They whine it devalues levels, but it doesn't really... In a way, it makes them MORE valuable.

What's wrong with it is it promotes senseless begging and chat spamming with "assist me plz!!!" I am sure all of you remember how horrible the Skill Cape noobs were, don't you? You know, the people who'd follow anyone wearing a cape and beg "do emo plz" Well, this is like that, only with a far greater magnitude. At the very least, they should've added an option to disable other people being able to follow you.

td2sig.jpg

I don't understand why actually. I think this is a great update and that people should be happy now when Jagex have made a great new system that let you borrow other people's xp :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak