RS official forums finally EXPLODED!!!

ikraz66

Most of the people who are whining are off-base on what is actually wrong with the Assist System. They whine it devalues levels, but it doesn't really... In a way, it makes them MORE valuable.

What's wrong with it is it promotes senseless begging and chat spamming with "assist me plz!!!" I am sure all of you remember how horrible the Skill Cape noobs were, don't you? You know, the people who'd follow anyone wearing a cape and beg "do emo plz" Well, this is like that, only with a far greater magnitude. At the very least, they should've added an option to disable other people being able to follow you.

Ironically, this doesn't seem to be a problem on f2p worlds. I've spent the last week as f2p. And after this update, the main difference is people offering their assistance for crafting instead of offering free gem cutting. Of course they get mad when 99% of the people who ask them for assistance have no idea what they're doing.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha. If you think this is an explosion you obviously weren't around the day that Jagex changed PC. Or the whole pure ess thing. This kind of thing happens every time Jagex releases something the idiots don't like.

The difference is that those updates actually had negative consequences for how the game was played. Whether the changes were justified or not is debatable, but it's true that PC was made slower, and pure ess increased the cost of Runecrafting.

This update, in contrast, changes nothing in terms of capabilities. The ranting is entirely by people who are going by superficial impressions of how this 'devalues skills' or whatnot, and have not stopped to think about the feature. Many are ranting about it being able to grant abilities that it doesn't even allow!

It's truly sad to behold.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The assist system isn't exactly what i wanted or even expected it to be. I wanted something where a player could give a player with a lower level lets say in smithing some ores and then the other player could smelt them and return the bars automatically. This would essentially take the trust out of trust trades. Now instead, we get something where u help out somebody else by simply standing there and watching them do a skill. We actually just have to stand there, and maybe chat with our friends. Plus, a lot of noobs dont even get what the assist system does; they request assistance from me and just stand there, and i'm like," Go do something, you idiot!" At least theres a way to turn it off.

teh_gauss.png

Isn't it kind of funny how the Assist System update managed to make everyone angry at Jagex in a way that hasn't happened in months! Unlike all other things people have found reasons to hate Jagex for, this one is based on absolutely NOTHING. The update has hurt nobody, will not affect the economy at all. Its only real purpose is to make trust trades safer.

Months. Wow. RSOF sucks more than even I thought it did.

It always has sucked, and it will continue to.

That's why forum.tip.it saved the day!

C2b6gs7.png

That's what they get when they market mainly towards a younger audience, I don't think they can expect any different.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

The only thing worth ranting about is our new little agility mascot.

Not only that, all the new skill icons look like rubbish (especially the defence shield :shame: )

I dont see how those idiots can complain about an update that does nothing but good for everyone. Now there will be less scams and less people ranting about being scammed on the RSOF. There will still be thousands of morons in the Rants forum, but less "OmG 1 W4S sC4Mm3D/H4Xx0R3d!!!!!!" ones

Noobs... <.<

Pasty.png

People make the RSOF for worse than it actually is. How many people making such claims actually check the forums to be sure it's the case?

I do. And what I see is silly. Silly rants, silly suggestions, etc, but nowhere near total chaos and anarchy.

2480+ total

People make the RSOF for worse than it actually is. How many people making such claims actually check the forums to be sure it's the case?

I spent an hour or two on the RSOF yesterday while researching this new update. It was the first time that I had been there in a while; one of the F mods I know recognized me and said hello.

It is every bit as bad as people say, and worse. Here's a classic quote, typical of the melodrama and hysteria there surrounding this update:

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅIf the purpose of this update was to completely ruin the game and destroy the intricate fabric of the already completely messed up economy of runescape, you have successfully done your job. ... I used to love runescape. I loved the challenge. Now, its just ridiculous. I can't take it anymore.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Ive yet to try the new updates, but i think its a great update. No matter how good of a update jagex does, there will always be people who will complain about it, nothing you can do about it. I also like the new interfaces, except for the agility one...who does agility in armor....

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

As I said, it is mere silliness and stupidity, not chaos and anarchy as the author of this topic claimed.

When the ranting and raving has devolved to mass-spamming and the thread is going so fast that rational people can't discuss issues without their threads getting lost, then it has become chaos and anarchy.

And it has.

signew2.png

I've read through some of the rants on the RSOF. Past the ignorant kiddies and the furious ranters, I've actually found a decent arguement.

Why? You can still get your own things without asking for assistance.

"Do you not understand that the art of skilling and raising skills are now useless to us? Why bother to spend months getting 99 rc, when i could just as easily make double nature runes by finding someone within 5 minutes and ask them to assit me?"

Ever hear of a nature running world?

"Do you not understand that anyone with a level 1 skill can now do anything that someone with my stats can now do? Do you not understand that my getting 97 fishing is now pointless to me? Why not just go to catherby as a level 3 and ask someone to assist me in fishing sharks, even without 76 requirement to fish them. What about cooking that fish? 80 cooking was a great thing, now it's worthless to spend your time going for it when you could just ask someone to assist you"

Again, you could do that before. It's called trading supplies for the finished product. You don't have to loan your 97 fishing out anyways.

Although I might have put it nicer, there's a lengthy part of the arguement.

This is interesting too, this player argues that now anyone can make anything, as long as they have a willing-to-help friend. A level 3 can 'fish' sharks on his first day, now that seems pretty amazing to me.

But there is a counterarguement to that- the exp limit per day. Although it is a bit more than I would have wanted, 30,000 exp per day is a pretty good number to balance things out.

And of course you have to find a person to do this for you. This is comparable to begging- and how many times have you seen people actually give something decent to beggars?

With that, I don't think this will have any significant change on the value of skills or the economy.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

[hide]

As I said, it is mere silliness and stupidity, not chaos and anarchy as the author of this topic claimed.

When the ranting and raving has devolved to mass-spamming and the thread is going so fast that rational people can't discuss issues without their threads getting lost, then it has become chaos and anarchy.

And it has.

[/hide]

Such threads are locked, like on any forum. As long as things are under control, it is not anarchy, nor chaos.

2480+ total

The only thing worth ranting about is our new little agility mascot.

Agreed :-X

But let's not start a riot, kay?

I love my name <3:

Sounds like a awesome update but I won't find a use for it soon I don't think. As for the RSoF, they just suck 100% unless your trying to buy or sell items in which case they are still annoying but better.

213360.png

I don't 'get' what the rants are about.

here's why:

lv 126 offers a lv 3 to...I dunno, mine rune.

The lv 3 gets the ores, but no exp.

The lv 126 gets the exp, but no ores.

The 126 doesn't have to offer assistance. So what's the anger about?

:?

Dart.jpg