Everyone forgot about duel arena?

Str4lif3

All we see this months in general discussion is thread about GE. What about duel arena?

Also this month, we will be introducing some fantastic changes to the Duel Arena. We have drawn information from a recent poll, various suggestions from players, forum posts and general feedback to create some improvements. There was overwhelming support for tournaments, so we will offer enough room for 64 players and large prizes. You wanted more options on the Hiscores table, well, soon you will be able to track your Tournament Rank, which will reflect your Duel Arena awesomeness!

What do you think? It's gonan be good for staker? What i can imagine is, you put up for example 10M. 64 people but a nice 10M. The winner get 640M(630M profit) Awsome! Also about the "tournament rank", do you think they will come out with new items as a reward for having a certain number of duel arena points?

Discuss.

oie_080707215636np9.png

I don't think it will be a stake, as in the participants agree on how much each to put in the pot. With 64 people that might be a bit hard to organise. It will probably be an entry fee, possibly with differing amounts. So say, you could pay 100k and enter a tournament for people paying 100k.. with 64 entrants the winner would take home 6.4mil. Or there will be a 1mil stake tournament with the winner taking 64mil.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

I think this seems like a great idea. Many of my friends are often found at the Dual Arena, and they can't wait for the update. Myself though, I have just duelled there once.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

It hasn't been forgotten. It just doesn't have the wide-ranging implications of whatever Jagex decide to do with and for the Grand Exchange.

Duel Arena updates are probably only going to affect a small percentage of the general population, a niche corner as it were, whilst GE has the potential to effect everyone in the game across every server at the same time.

That being said, Tournaments could be fun to watch, and lob some tomatoes down into ;)

Of those who say nothing, few are silent -=Thomas Neil =-

I can't wait for the duel arena update to come out. Knowing Jagex, tournaments won't be the only update (maybe graphics update?) along with the arenas themselves probably getting updates (only two of the four arenas are used as far as I'm aware. Maybe a third will be used for tournament matches?)

I'll certainly be down there on update day, watching the fun tournaments. I'm not a staker myself, so participating doesn't really interest me.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well sence i dont dule or stake i wont have to worry about it, but with the new tourny system, you can make a massive profit it a short period time. 630 mill, thats a lot of cash *starts dreaming*

Edit:400th Post! \'

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Hardly think that anyone really forgot about this update, its just that the fact of the matter is Jagex seems to be planning to save the best update of the month for last.

As they have done with many other numerous things such as new skills, (Hunter and construction on the 31st) , New Dungeons (God Wars was on the 28th) Etc etc.

Many more people are talking about the possiblilites that the GE will have because quite frankly for many more people its new possibilities are much more appealing then the new dueling ring tournament style thing will be.

Ya sure Im thinking it will be like poker tournaments are now, go to world 22 everyone there can enter in a certain amount etc, winner takes it all. However you must remember not everyone is a dueler or a staker all the time. :wink:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Geez you people act like 630m is so much, i mean yeah it is but look at urballzrmine gohanbeast or rabbitfoot to name a few, they have 1b+ stakes just in one fight.

Plus its not like you have to stake high everytime and you dont have to use such a high number of people.

This going to bring pking to the duel arena in a way

but why do i feel like theres going to be some major bug thats going to get abused the day it comes out :|

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

Geez you people act like 630m is so much, i mean yeah it is but look at urballzrmine gohanbeast or rabbitfoot to name a few, they have 1b+ stakes just in one fight.

Plus its not like you have to stake high everytime and you dont have to use such a high number of people.

This going to bring pking to the duel arena in a way

but why do i feel like theres going to be some major bug thats going to get abused the day it comes out :|

And, its not actually going with all 64 fights, its a tournament. It will end up if your the champion fighting in 6 fights or so.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

It says UP TO 64. Yes, it would be hard to get 64 people but you could do it with 2, or 37, or any number you want really.

P.S. Will this have teams?

Well obviously its made to support teams of up to 32 per team, or it might as well be called "the wilderness", no?

It's staking for the common man. Risk little, gain much. Like you guys said, you only have to put down 100K, affordable for anyone, and if you win you can get 6M+. I'll probably be an active tourney player :D

By the way, I'm thinking it'll be 6 fights, not 64. 2^6 = 64 \:D/

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If you put 10m in a 64 man tournament against 63 level 90s, even if you're level 126, you might not win.

I HAVE fought and lost against a level 87 once. Admittedly it was a fluke. I was level 122 and I literally hit 2-1, 3-2, 1-1, 4-1 through full rune, while he hits 0-15, 0-0, 12-13, 16-0 on my guthans/v hybrided defense... Then he proceeds to beat me with 2 hp left since I never hit over 15 with whip.

In a 64 man tournament, you're basically saying "I'm going to stake 10m... if I win, now I'm forced to stake 20m, then 40m, then 80m, then 160m, then 320m. And if I win all those I'll come out with 640m, or 630m ahead." That doesn't sound too wise TBH.

In a 64 man tournament, you're basically saying "I'm going to stake 10m... if I win, now I'm forced to stake 20m, then 40m, then 80m, then 160m, then 320m. And if I win all those I'll come out with 640m, or 630m ahead." That doesn't sound too wise TBH.

On the other hand, people usually wouldn't think of the last stake as a "320M" stake; they only feel like they've invested 10M. This reduces the scary "Omg I'm staking all my cash!" feeling that scares away many from the duel arena. Sure, in effect, the last round is the same as staking 320M, but it doesn't feel that serious.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

highly doubt jagex would let that happen i mean 630m profit for 64 fights...doubt it <.<

yea, its not alot to win for so many fights.

Actually, to win a tournament with 64 players, you would only have to win 6 straight fights.

Sounds easier, but remember the fights get tougher as you go.

lalalasig2.png

highly doubt jagex would let that happen i mean 630m profit for 64 fights...doubt it <.<

yea, its not alot to win for so many fights.

Actually, to win a tournament with 64 players, you would only have to win 6 straight fights.

Sounds easier, but remember the fights get tougher as you go.

like i said, sounds kind of lacking on profits.