26 November 2007 - The Grand Exchange

Jeffery

Ooh I just figured out how the GE works for stuff like nats :)

Apparantly, trades go on a first come first serve basis. If you put up nats for say, 280 ea, and there are a lot of others lots for 280 ea, it will do the ones who put theirs up first.

After 3 hours of having 120k nats up, I suddenly got a message while RCing that one of my lots updated. I went to the bank and hit collect, and there was 2m sitting there, and right before my eyes, mills started piling up... once my lot started selling, it took about 3 minutes to sell it all.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparantly, trades go on a first come first serve basis. If you put up nats for say, 280 ea, and there are a lot of others lots for 280 ea, it will do the ones who put theirs up first.

After 3 hours of having 120k nats up, I suddenly got a message while RCing that one of my lots updated. I went to the bank and hit collect, and there was 2m sitting there, and right before my eyes, mills started piling up... once my lot started selling, it took about 3 minutes to sell it all.

That sounds about right, and i see no problem in that system, it seems fair.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I love it! :D

No more standing for hours in Varrock trying to sell Airs.

I don't know what my problem is, I put deaths up for my usual selling price of 500 ea. No one has bought them. I try putting them up at the highest, 508 ea. No one has bought them.

Here's how I see the system should work: If someone wants to buy deaths for 550 ea, and they place their bid at that, and someone is selling for 500 ea, the person who bid on them should get the runes and 50 gp for every rune bought. In this way sellers don't have to hit the gp amount exactly to still sell their wares.

I don't know what my problem is, I put deaths up for my usual selling price of 500 ea. No one has bought them. I try putting them up at the highest, 508 ea. No one has bought them.

Here's how I see the system should work: If someone wants to buy deaths for 550 ea, and they place their bid at that, and someone is selling for 500 ea, the person who bid on them should get the runes and 50 gp for every rune bought. In this way sellers don't have to hit the gp amount exactly to still sell their wares.

500 each for deaths?

And i hate to say, but that is what happens. Say seller sells item A, and puts in a price of 100 each. They will be sold for that price, no lower no higher. Another person wants to buy item A and puts in his price as 150 each. It will search for the lowest possible below 150, and it will give him the gp difference back.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If people don't start selling things outside of this new exchange merchanting will die...fast. That is, after the bugs are fixed lol. I hope I won't have to wait for ever for my maples, coal, random rune items, and flail to sell now... Anybody wanna buy any of that btw? :lol:

EDIT: Also I hope that my tree farming route hasn't been ruined lol. I use the fairy ring and spirit tree in that area quite frequently...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Looks like a well thought out and easily usable update...kudos Jagex, now lets watch for the 100 "ZOMG! threads" to appear on the rants by those who find pleasure in standing in banks auto typing

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

May be already posted, but if there is any NPC standing next to the desk when you click it you'll talk to it instead of the bankers!

123asckp5.png

Lol very funny ::'

LOL! this is crazy! In one day, this thread got more pages than my blog in about 3 months! Lol... Post on my blog! everyone is welcomed ::'

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

Points to point out:

(1) The new prices, set by JaGEx at first, will flux throughout time, will be the new prices of stuff found in the player shops in general stores and specialty stores: [e.g. i saw pure ess sold @ 86 ea, reg ess @ 28 ea (no longer 1-5ea)]

This hurts anyone who would have wanted to pick up scraps @ the gen store. I know I like to pick up a couple airs @ 2 ea. No longer possible, they're 14 ea now.

This is an unfortunate result of the GE. But in the end, this should be most beneficial.

What's even more interesting to note about this is the potential impact on nats considering this change makes the noted ess runs useless.

Might make a difference, might not. Guess we'll find out which method is producing the most amount of nats out there

Ah the ingenuity! :)

I want to buy Item A for 50gp. Now, I'll be able to buy from anyone selling Item A for 50gp or less! I don't have to hit the price exactly. I'm assuming that it takes the lowest price possible. How nice Jagex!

Now lets say I want to sell Item B for 50gp. I'll be able to sell it to anyone who is paying 50gp or more! Once again, this rocks! :)

And to everyone who thought it would suck.. *tsk tsk*

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

Wonder where the spirit tree is now :?

Conveniently, Jagex put it in the NE section of GE.

Another way of getting to GE is via the Edge side. Edge also has lots of teleports:

-- Glory Tele to Edge

-- Canoe to Edge

-- Ancient Home Tele to Edge

-- Ancient Tele to Edge dungeons

-- Fairy Ring to Edge

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell I sold things that are uncommon and hard to sell normally with ease (e.g:black mask), I cannot sell things that are (fairly common) even at the lowest price after 6 hours (e.g:Blood runes). It seems to me a slight problem with the way the GE prioritizes sales, so obviously several people dumped all their blood runes (I'm guessing millions in total) and I have to wait untill ALL of them are sold before mine will be sold. That is going to be troublesome.

P.S: I'm not going to brag about the riches I've made selling my unwanted stuff but I will say I now have a whole 2 extra rows of bank space and thats nice(I would never of sold all the stuff I have without the GE it would just of stayed in my bank forever, there are some tweaks that need to be done but I really like this update).

Personally, I'm liking this system. And once prices are stable... I'll probably like it even more so.

Today was the most I've played in months. Honestly in all my years of playing/following this game, I've never had so much fun. This feature takes away all the standing around and forum topic watching. You state what you want, what your willing to pay, and just go on about your business. Check back later and hope you get what you want or sold what you were selling. And buying things usually goes way quicker then selling, from what I've seen.

I made a mathatical error and lost maybe 91k, but aside from that I had a blast. And even that wasn't enough to take the wind out of my sails. I simply shrugged it off and laughed.

It's not a perfect system by anymeans, but it is extremely close to it.

Basically, if you want to get what you want quickly... you have to pay the max. And it's the exact opposite with selling. If you want to sell fast, you have to sell for the minimum, and even that can take some time. Luckily the minimum for the item in which I was selling was like 3k higher in the alch values. So this GE system could be better then alching for some things for awhile. Until things drop, if they drop.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Are armor sets storable? If so, more f2p bankspace :D
They are. Pretty nice save of space.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85