26 November 2007 - The Grand Exchange

Jeffery

I love this for the simple fact that it makes my life so much easier. I was able to make 2m by just selling random stuff i had in my bank at the lowest offering price. Stuff like 300 dragon bones, 350 blue dhides, random runes, etc.

It's also nice to see what jagex thinks my collection is worth :)

I got my Addy Javelin collection appraised today.

addyjavsel6.jpg

polarbeardaveyz9.png

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story short:

IMO Ge didnt come out as it was hyped, it is good for selling uncommon things but common things such as willow logs are easier to sell by looking on the forums. I mean, who wants to pay 2.4m for 100k willows when they can pay 1.5m for it? This is just my opinion.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I sold 10K tomatoes today @ 12 each, so I can't complain. I had been trying to move those forever. Every time I tried to sell them on RSOF, the messages scrolled off after a few hours.

I fear the iron platebodies are going to be a long wait, however, @ 420 each.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

This will really help in try to buy raw materials,

I bought like 50 uncut sapphires for 30k, alot of crafting exp there also

I might try and buy lots of grapes....to get lots of cooking exp, just an idea, as itshould be easier to do, thats if people are selling

loverrrzp8.jpg

i loved the GE, like many people i sold off rows of stuff, some t trail and some semi-rare drops. Never made so much money with so little effort. Problem is that i sold items at minimum price, and i read on rsof that they will set price ranges based on how people sell their stuff at. I assume lots of items will go down in price. Another is that some of the price range is not even close to the real price players will pay for them. I have several pairs of rune boots that would sell for maybe 90k, on the GE they force you to sell at 200k.

lcchs.png

lcchs.png

I read the 1st 11 pages and no one mentioned it so here goes. try searching for a "thingy". You get a thingy with the examine of mabob. I found it funny at least.

I miss you Justice my angel on earth and now in heaven " quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur " for whom the gods love die young. April 6th 2005 - February 17th 2009

Not quite an exchange update - but i did enjoy the 'knock knock' jokes you can get by knocking on the doors in the new look Varrock bank (doors in NE corner and SW).

Also linking the price you pay at a general store to the exchange prices is likely to have a big impact on the Nature Rune runners. Now in order to unnote your pure ess you will have to pay the exchange price!

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

Well, after nothing selling on the GE yesterday it's all changed today because of the 5% drop in price.

In the last 4 hours I've sold:

15,000 / 15,000 shark

1,900 / 4,400 Super Strength Potions

300 / 1,400 Super Restore Potions

At the rate they are selling I expect them all to be sold by the morning. Once the prices of the GE correct themselves again over the next few days I will be able to sell further potions on there I'm sure.

Granted the prices are about 10% lower than I would have received before the GE was released but I am very happy to accept that cut, as it would have taken me hours upon hours to sell all those on the forums. :D

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Well, after nothing selling on the GE yesterday it's all changed today because of the 5% drop in price.

15,000 / 15,000 shark

At the rate they are selling I expect them all to be sold by the morning. Once the prices of the GE correct themselves again over the next few days I will be able to sell further potions on there I'm sure.

Granted the prices are about 10% lower than I would have received before the GE was released but I am very happy to accept that cut, as it would have taken me hours upon hours to sell all those on the forums. :D

And that drop is to be expected since how many hundreds if not thousands of people are doing the same thing with their pots that never would have sold them before.

15,000 / 15,000 shark

And that drop is to be expected since how many hundreds if not thousands of people are doing the same thing with their pots that never would have sold them before.

I'm not discussing the reason for the price drop, as I said I really don't care about it.

But for the record it has a lot to do with the middle men (merchanters) being taken out of the equation also.

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

The price drop in the pots area is because everyone is trying to "unload" all those slots in their bank account to free up space and "ring the cash register" at the same time which is flooding the market with a high volume and low demand scenario. I would give the GE a few more weeks as it really starts catching on with everyone and they clear out their bank accounts. Then you should see a reverse in prices as demand will increase for those items and the supply is low. Eventually the GE will find a common price for such items.

For anyone who hates Macro/Micro Economics youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re going to live it!!!

I was able to buy over 2,000 Dragon hides in 30 minutes last night. That would have taken me weeks and many hours trying to do the same thing. Yes some items you use to make coin at have dropped in price... but other areas have risen! \'

This is a new area of merchandising Is there a new Warren Buffett to be made??

The price drop in the pots area is because everyone is trying to "unload" all those slots in their bank account to free up space and "ring the cash register" at the same time which is flooding the market with a high volume and low demand scenario. I would give the GE a few more weeks as it really starts catching on with everyone and they clear out their bank accounts. Then you should see a reverse in prices as demand will increase for those items and the supply is low. Eventually the GE will find a common price for such items.

For anyone who hates Macro/Micro Economics youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re going to live it!!!

I was able to buy over 2,000 Dragon hides in 30 minutes last night. That would have taken me weeks and many hours trying to do the same thing. Yes some items you use to make coin at have dropped in price... but other areas have risen! \'

This is a new area of merchandising Is there a new Warren Buffett to be made??

I.E. Don't sell now if you can help it. Wait another month :)

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!