Guys, I need some help. (FD returned; story pg. 4)

fgfuyfyuiuy0

As pretty much everyone else has said on the last page, just give it back with the reassurence that you didn't use any of his information. Also agree with the past couple of posters that you probably shouldn't put it in the lost and found. 1. He might not even look there and 2. Someone else could take it and not be as nice as you.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tested the information? i mean, it seems very unlikely that a guy could mistaken his laptop for someone elses,or to just plug your flash drive into some computer and forget. could this all be a joke or something? and i agree with the lost and found box, what kind of idiot would do that? someone else could stop by and find it and say "mine now, suckas" and bam, all that personal info... and really, how long have you had the thing? if you had it for 2 days or less, then it's unlikely he even knows, if it's a week... he might be a wee bit worried... :anxious:

have you tested the information? i mean, it seems very unlikely that a guy could mistaken his laptop for someone elses,or to just plug your flash drive into some computer and forget. could this all be a joke or something? and i agree with the lost and found box, what kind of idiot would do that? someone else could stop by and find it and say "mine now, suckas" and bam, all that personal info... and really, how long have you had the thing? if you had it for 2 days or less, then it's unlikely he even knows, if it's a week... he might be a wee bit worried... :anxious:

I found it today, yes I verified all the information, and the Lost and Found at my college is a bunch of people paid to return stuff. It's basically a help desk. Plus, his full name is on it, so they will find it.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D

Nice one, I would have taken it too ::'

Just hand it in if you're worried, but Imo, keep the goddamned thing, somebody finds your flash drive the chanses of getting it back are what, 1:100?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Just hand it in if you're worried, but Imo, keep the ... thing, somebody finds your flash drive the chanses of getting it back are what, 1:100?

I'd be interested in any comments you would make if someone took YOUR $50+ Flash Drive that had your personal information in it...No, really..I'd love to see that or hear a recording.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Just hand it in if you're worried, but Imo, keep the goddamned thing, somebody finds your flash drive the chanses of getting it back are what, 1:100?

At school? I've lost my flash drive at school more times than I can count. Got it back every time, whether from a class/teacher, the library, Lost&Found at office, heck, even still in the computer I left it in a week prior, never had to worry about eventually finding my drive*. Well, except when I let my brother borrow it, he lost it to some unknown abyss in less than a week after I let him use it.

[*Although, I'm talking high school; college could be a different case :-k .]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Thanks guys. I'm thinking of dropping it into the Lost and Found box.

DUDE DONT DROP IT!!!

Put it in the box gently.. it may spoil :lol:

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Some people actually keep records of their personal information just like that...?

Its just begging to be abused... -.-

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

You are lucky it didn't have a trojan on it. A BBC or AV company experiment a few years ago they put infected pen drives in cafes and stuff in london and then logged who put them into their machines.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

just destroy it or throw it away, the data is more likely to get into the wrong hands if you put it in lost & found or w/e and the details on it might not be his. he WILL have a backup, unless he is foolish enough to think flash pens on its own are a reliable enough way to store important data.

What I'm wondering is how can someone be so dumb as to keep ALL their personal data on an unencrypted, un-password protected flash drive...

You wouldn't walk into school or a public place, your pockets filled with hundred dollar bills worth $20,000 would you?

Say you thought it was yours and took it home by mistake, return it to him while asking "have you seen mine by any chance?"

That'll fix it 8-)

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

What I'm wondering is how can someone be so dumb as to keep ALL their personal data on an unencrypted, un-password protected flash drive...

You wouldn't walk into school or a public place, your pockets filled with hundred dollar bills worth $20,000 would you?

Hahah so true, you've gotta be pretty dense to keep all that info on something you can leave lying around.

*cough* HM Revenue and Customs *cough*

logo.jpg

Thank god you found my flash drive. You can just mail it to me so you don't have to talk to me in person. Pm me for details.

But seriously, i would have kept it. Maybe stolen his money on paypal, maybe stolen his identity, who knows. Its not the time to play the "what if game". I am a terrible person, i admit it.

Of course, this stems from me being a pessimistic, self-absorbed bastard who only gives a [cabbage] about himself. Oh and the world is out to get me because people suck so much.

On the bright side, if you did steal his identity, it is early enough where he is able to get his life back on track while at the same time giving him a life lesson he will not forget.

Which is better you ask? The life lesson i say. You really can't put a price on life lessons.

mcchrissigaw8.gif

Everybody lovin' it, but ain't no body touchin' it

What the heck are you worried about? Just give it to the teacher in that class, say you found it misplaced, and he'll return it to the kid during his class. Christ, I know this is your first time being a hardcore theif, but not only do you not plan to do anything bad with the information, but they can't even know that you do know any of the info. For all they know, you accidentally grabbed a flashdrive you thought was yours, but really was someone elses, took it home, realized it wasn't yours before you did anything with it, and just brought it in the next day.

Honestly, what's with the fuss? How long have you had this thing to make you freak out this much over nothing?

Catnip, you have got to be one of the most spiteful and negative people I've ever heard talk.

I know. Isn't it great :P ?

Epee-Signature-2.png

Thank god you found my flash drive. You can just mail it to me so you don't have to talk to me in person. Pm me for details.

But seriously, i would have kept it. Maybe stolen his money on paypal, maybe stolen his identity, who knows. Its not the time to play the "what if game". I am a terrible person, i admit it.

Of course, this stems from me being a pessimistic, self-absorbed bastard who only gives a [cabbage] about himself. Oh and the world is out to get me because people suck so much.

On the bright side, if you did steal his identity, it is early enough where he is able to get his life back on track while at the same time giving him a life lesson he will not forget.

Which is better you ask? The life lesson i say. You really can't put a price on life lessons.

and this. Why the hell are you scared? unless...your one of those..[bleep]es...not sure..

Epee-Signature-2.png

You did the right thing. He deserved to lose it because he didn't take it with him. Now the info on it is yours. I say you should buy something nice. He had no right taking all his personal info to school.

I honestly want to hurt you right now.

fgf....either call him up or meet with him at school. Assure him that you didn't take any of his info. Who knows...mabye you'll have made a life long friend. He'll turn up to be a billionaire one day :P.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Basically, $17,461.34. I had to test his Wellsfargo :?

I think I am just going to find him. I don't really trust anyone else with the flash drive. The problem is, he'll know I had to look on his flash drive to see what he looked like + name.

Foogey.png

I <3 Gears of War 2.

Add me on Xbox Live and mention you are from Tif :D