Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

There are only two weapons that can kill zombies properly, and they areof course, Flamethrowers, and Chainsaws, too bad I don't have a Flamethrower, so i'll have to deal with my dad's chainsaw. :thumbsup:

actually the guide indicates flaws in both of those weapons.

flamethrower--very heavy and fire does not kill instantly so you are stuck with flaming zombies for a long while.

chainsaw--heavy, fuel dependant and has a tendency to spray bio hazards everywhere lol

my choice for weapons would be a ak47 for medium range along with a katana/machete/wakizashi depending on availability.

AK won't do much. It's a proven fact. Shotgun stands a better chance gun-wise. Katana is another option, it'll take some out. But, chainsaw all the way.

Chainsaw is useless. Ak47 is better than a shotgun at anything than at point blank.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not hunting shotguns. Most hunting shotguns, like the one I pointed out as owning earlier, are made for longer hunting ranges than your typical pheasant shotgun. I could probably hit a target at 200 yards with fair wind.

AK47s have tremendous recoil; someone without soldiering experience could never use one effectively. Even I have trouble hitting a target with bursts.

Speaking of all these guns, I wanna go down to a shooting range soon...

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

M16 on semi>M16 on auto.It's still insanely easily repeatable,but you don't get the problem of spam/wasted shots and crazy recoil.

AK47 is portrayed pretty well in CS.Good for the first shot,and little more.The recoil is stupidly huge,but the pure carnage it causes makes that one shot count.

Still,I'd act as your team sniper,Remington 700 just does too much lovables for me to hate.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Zombies are a lot more durable than humans,actually.They don't perceive as well as us.For example,we know we were shot because we heard to explosion,we saw the gun and we felt the bullet and we make the connection.Zombies don't.They don't get the shock we get upon being shot.A shot to the chest that would be fatal for us could be,due to lack of the hurried heart pumping of fear,could be easily shrugged off for them.

Also,pistols are remarkably hard to accuratise.You need to lengthen the barrel,since its length is pathetic,you need to have a different method of aiming than a rifle,and you have to hit with a lethal connection.A hollow tip fired at 6 feet into the chest HAS been non-fatal before.

Paintball guns need small pellet like ammunition and compressed air.I find those harder to come by than bullets.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I would try establishing a way of communicating with them, maybe they're trying to tell us something..... I'd be first to die in the movie :lol:

The worst type of zombie to fight would definitely be the Tank from Left 4 Dead, you need a good team of 4 to take him down and I always wet myself whenever he busts through a wall.

hiccup.png

Perhaps we should all band together and create a zombie task force, tip.it shall save the world from those decaying bastards!

ezegyc.png

That's why you're on the TZDF blackdawn. Even your balls can tear zombies to shreds.

I'd grab some of that bite-proof shark chain-mail from the nearest Marine Biology center.

Then I'd go on a Zombie Crusade, probably looking like an insane Don Quixote while I do.

Would be fun. Except for all the death and destruction, of course.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

well a pistol is ok as a backup weapon for house clearing possibly, but the lack of accuracy creates a problem

Im not that familiar with military weapons, what would be the best semi auto rifle for a mix of range and power?

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

I can't believe no one has mentioned mortars. M120, anyone?

Nobody mentioned them because of how few people on the planet can use them. Particularly effectively.

dont zombies seem to have weaknesses to shotguns and hunting rifles?

Everything does. That's what those guns are made for.

How do we KNOW what zombies are week to?

reasoning skills

for instance, if you had to pick between a hatchet and a can of cheese wiz as a weapon youd take the hatchet reasoning you can do more damage with it. The hatchet isnt labeled as a better weapon but it is.

awteno.jpg

How do we KNOW what zombies are week to?

We're basing this off of popular fiction's representation. IE: the zombie survival guide.

So obviously we don't, but fiction is the only representation of zombies, and thus it is what we're using.

Not hunting shotguns. Most hunting shotguns, like the one I pointed out as owning earlier, are made for longer hunting ranges than your typical pheasant shotgun. I could probably hit a target at 200 yards with fair wind.

Hitting a target is different than hitting the head and destroying the brain.

Anyway, the best all around weapon would be a semi-automatic rifle. The only way to kill them is a headshot, so pure power doesn't matter that much, as long as a bullet can pierce the skull.

A LMG, HMG or whatever would do a lot of damage, possibly immobilizing some, but you would waste hundreds of bullets for only a few kills. A shotgun has stopping power, and could knock a zombie down, but they're not good at anything but close range. A pistol is a good secondary weapon, but the chance of the average user scoring a headshot is slim. A smg is similar to machine guns, in that it just wastes a lot of bullets. An assault rifle is good, but if you have it one anything but semi-automatic it's just a waste of bullets. A flame thrower is pointless, unless you don't care about where you are. It will light them on fire, but it will take time for the fire to completely incinerate them, and in the process it will light wherever you are on fire. And if the burning zombies get too close, they might even light you on fire.

A bolt action is almost as good as a semi-automatic, but it is slow to fire.

A crowbar is a good hand to hand weapon, if not one of the best. It can crush the skull, and it won't wear out easily. And they're light, and common.

A sword isn't as good, because they dull, are hard to come by, and not all of them are strong enough to cut through bone.

a baseball bat would work for a few fights before it would break

Chainsaws can be dangerous to use normally, cutting a stationary piece of wood. Even in controlled situations, accidents happen. Not only are they unwieldy, they make a lot of noise, and they will run out of gas.

So, long story short, I'd take a semi-automatic rifle. I don't know what type would be available, but as long as ammunition isn't uncommon, it still would be good. Then, a pistol of some sort for a secondary weapon, for if I'm in close quarters, or something. Then, have a crowbar for a melee weapon.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I think the quality/type of sword is important for its effectiveness

rapier/foil like weapons--useless, likely to break if you try to ram through a skull

katana--if it is a well made model, I think a katana could hold up over time, though a machete is probably better if you dont have experience in useage

claymore--too heavy to be worthwhile.

my main concern with a crowbar is the reach, especially if its more then one zombie.

awteno.jpg

The perfect (portable) aresenal to me:

A Semi auto, accurate, quick reloadable rifle. From what ive gatherd form this thread, a whinchester fits that.

I don't know any pistol names. Light, small, fast, accurate, quick to reload is all that matters to me.

Dart (blow) gun. Reasonably accurate. Use poisoned darts to paralize, run up, kill, take dart back. No propellent needed.

Baseball bat (aluminum). Light, fast, i could do some damage. Problem to me with a Katana would be that if it gets stuck...Just whack a zombies head off is much more effective :twss:

Med size knife for when a baseball bat is too large.

Pocketknife for when a knife is too big.

Grenades. Lots of grenades :thumbup:

Grenades aren't that great. They are designed to kill by blowing apart vital organs, but rarely would a fragment hit the brain. It would disable the zombies, maybe, but it wouldn't kill the majority.

Poisons don't affect zombies, if we're going with the Zombie survival guide definition, so no blowgun.

A baseball bat would dent and bend after a few fights.

The rest works though.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

A combat rifle like an M16 would only be useful should you be constantly on the move. I believe it would be easier to hole up with a larger group in an easily defensible area, therefore hunting rifles could be much more useful.

I wonder what kind of potential large explosives would have for zombie fighting, meaning anything with enough force that might actually destroy brains

ex. setting c4 charges around your base.

awteno.jpg

Lmao in first post: Sporting goods store :lol: thats classic.

So heres my plan:

Stock up on

-1 kit of GI facepaint

-1 pair of camo pants/shirt

-1 cigar

-1 of those big [wagon] belt fed automatics

-2 belts of ammo for ^

-3 grenades

-1 machete

-100 pounds of TNT

-100 pounds of rotting brains in a sealed container

-1 Female

And HERES what I do.

I would put on my camo clothes, and apply green facepaint with black stripes under the eyes. Then I would strap on the belts of ammo onto my back and chest, and attach my machete, my grenades and my cigar to my belt. Next i would take the female, the TNT and the brains to a hill. Then I would open the container of brains, and throw container down the hill, where they would spill out all over the ground. I would wait a few minutes, and hordes of all the zombies in the area would begin to show up to feast on the brains. Next I would pull the pin on my grenades, and throw them into dense groups of zombies. The remaining zombies would then become enraged, and begin to climb the hill. At this point, I would put my cigar in my mouth and light that puppy. Then I would load up my machine gun, and spray down on the approaching zombies. Now one of two things could occur, think of it as an alternate ending.

1. I run out of ammo, and am forced to pull out my machete and slice some lunch meat ;). After this I would most likely get swarmed, or ingest some zombie blood, and begin to turn. In my constant need to go out with a bang, I would then slam down the switch on the TNT stockpile.

2. I manage to kill all the zombies, and free my area from the outbreak of evil zombies \' . Next I would take my female, and begin repopulating with world.

THE END

Perhaps we should all band together and create a zombie task force, tip.it shall save the world from those decaying bastards!

But who do we choose as the sacrifice if we need a quick escape?

Don't have to outrun the zombies. Just have to outrun the fat kids.

Wow, there'll be like three survivors, won't there. Just kidding. It's okay. Shhh, nobody's calling you fat. Just go make yourself a sandwich.

But who do we choose as the sacrifice if we need a quick escape?

Don't have to outrun the zombies. Just have to outrun the fat kids.

Wow, there'll be like three survivors, won't there. Just kidding. It's okay. Shhh, nobody's calling you fat. Just go make yourself a sandwich.

Haha. That plan would work lent.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain