Our Worst Fear May Come True Very Soon!!

ikraz66

if u havent noticed jagex now has a estimated price on every item in runescape. My speculation on this update is that jagex will tally up all the items u would have gotten normally from the kill and give you the gp coresponding to the items u normally would have gotten

yes u read right NO MORE DEATH PILES all u get is a amount of gp appearing in ur inv

another attack at RWT

Umm buddy? Wouldn't getting GP (What gold buyers pay for) rather than items HELP RWT?

how does gp entering the game helpRWT?

does high alch help RWT?no so shut up

this is just another way of jagex trying to control the market price, they'll put there crazy prices on all the items that way ull get less money then u would the normal way.

also jagex is trying to make it so ppl cant get filthy rich, they got rid of luring then they got rid of staking now they know they cant totrally get rid of pking but they putting a limit on it so ppl cant get filthy rich and sell mills

enjoi888.png

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak for yourself, my worst fear is if they ban pancakes. :shame:

OT: It could be what mat said, easier for Jagex to track RWT'ers.

8888kev8888.jpeg

Sigs by: Soa | Gold_Tiger10 | Harrinator1 | Guthix121 | robo | Elmo | Thru | Yaff2

Avatars by: Lit0ua | Unoalexi | Gold Tiger .

Hello friend, Senajitkaushik was epic, Good luck bro.

If you die while holding any items, you will reveal the fourth of our updates this month. A gravestone will temporarily appear on the spot where you perished, which can be read and admired by passers-by. It will even be possible to purchase increasingly impressive gravestones, all the way up to the ominous 'Angel of Death'.

It looks like Jagex really IS about to do the unthinkable. In their efforts to destroy real-world trading, this will be the end of player drop piles! Notice how it said the gravestone will only appear "If you die while holding ANY ITEMS". Most likely the gravestone will appear INSTEAD of the items now. Could this possibly be happening?

You don't know the gravestone will appear instead of the items, so why bother posting a thread like this to insight more crazy hysteria about the changes being made to Pking and Staking? I doubt Jagex will remove items being removed in the wilderness, more likely just another feature to show who has been killed recently. :?

i dont think this will apply to the wilderness otherwise there will be a mass ammount of stones in wild w 2.

it will appear for 1 minute using the new 1 minute rule (where if you die by a monster it takes 1 minute for your items to show to others)

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Reason being, They wouldnt take away the thing that 'Most' people enjoy about this game!

I'd imagine many thousands of stakers and merchants said the same thing just a few short weeks ago.

IMO, they are definitely going to be changing some fundamental mechanics in the wilderness. The updates coming this month just scream that this will happen.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Edit: I changed the title to tone DOWN the drama a tad...

You did!? Fooled me...

Seriously though... why couldn't you just use the BTS thread? There are already people making theories about it there.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I think that the items are going to be put on top of the gravestone area. Then, the pkers could take the items, and others read. Pkers can also take the grave stones, but only them. Dunno. This might be interesting...

Pretty much done with rs now

it will appear for 1 minute using the new 1 minute rule (where if you die by a monster it takes 1 minute for your items to show to others)

I agree. Somebody wandering by would have notice that a pile is about to drop.

Also, perhaps the recently deceased will only have to grab the gravestone to get all their stuff back, rather than scramble for every single item. That seems less likely, though.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

I agree with the OP, but it's not all doom and gloom.

Looks like the idea is 3 fold:

The two mini-games are Pker and Clan Pker based, seeing as they take place in the high wild based on the Dormant Volcano statement.

Now, if you can pk with Bounty Hunter (for Loot as it says) and Rogue Bounty Hunter, and you can have Clan Duels, well, Jagex can then drop the Bomb Shell.

If you die, your "items" that don't get saved instead buy your tombstone. Outside the wild, it's taken care of by the 1 minute rule to get your items back. Probably that means that those items will now just....disappear after the minute.

So yes, I think Jagex is really, really taking it to this level: You WILL NOT gain items by "accident". They can track drop trades and Player to Player trades with ease. That left Staking, Death by Environment, Death by Pking.

This probably explains the purpose of the Behind the Scenes announcement. With all manner of transfers by "accident" closed, players stupid enough to buy cash with RWT are going have to use tracked methods. All will know that any attempts now will not work with anonymity.

Depending on how Bounty hunting works, players may accept the compromise. We'll see.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

If you die while holding any items, you will reveal the fourth of our updates this month. A gravestone will temporarily appear on the spot where you perished, which can be read and admired by passers-by. It will even be possible to purchase increasingly impressive gravestones, all the way up to the ominous 'Angel of Death'.

It looks like Jagex really IS about to do the unthinkable. In their efforts to destroy real-world trading, this will be the end of player drop piles! Notice how it said the gravestone will only appear "If you die while holding ANY ITEMS". Most likely the gravestone will appear INSTEAD of the items now. Maybe pkers will be recieving new rewards instead of loot. Could this possibly be happening?

Edit: I changed the title to tone DOWN the drama a tad...

Hmm... Weird. Maybe you'll have to bring a shovel PKing to dig up the body and get it's loot?

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

This is how it could go down:

The gravestone are for everyone to view.

The drop pile are only viewable for the killer and the killed.

In the wilderness it would mean the pk'er can loot your corps.

In non wild areas it means you have plenty of time to get back to your corps.

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

To me it just seems like a gravestone will show where you died, if anything it will show where drop piles are for everyone else immediately as well as you!!

I don't think it means that you'll either keep all your items or they'll never appear for anyone else, just that it simply shows where you died and everything else remains the same.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

It looks like Jagex really IS about to do the unthinkable. In their efforts to destroy real-world trading, this will be the end of player drop piles! Notice how it said the gravestone will only appear "If you die while holding ANY ITEMS". Most likely the gravestone will appear INSTEAD of the items now. Could this possibly be happening?

You don't know the gravestone will appear instead of the items, so why bother posting a thread like this to insight more crazy hysteria about the changes being made to Pking and Staking? I doubt Jagex will remove items being removed in the wilderness, more likely just another feature to show who has been killed recently. :?

What he said. Some people are going tooooo far.

Epee-Signature-2.png

I think this is to stop PK looting...After you PK someone, the player who got the kill sees the item pile, and a gravestone appears to all other players instead of the pile.
Well this would definitely be a good thing to most pkers. No one likes looters or pjers.

That's what i think is going to happen, i don't think jagex will go as fas as getting rid of death piles, thats what pking is all about -.-... kill someone get there items from the pk...

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]