~~~How will/has the 138 CB cap affect/ed the game?~~~ =~)

n_odie

I can only think of three cons:

1. Level 126 won't be that respectable anymore

2. Tip.It will have to rediscover the combat level formula

3. Bounty Hunter will need re-adjustments

1) I'll just get 138 then. ^_^

2) It contributes the same amount as prayer... so no they won't.

3) Oh well.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An entire;y new type of combat ? A combat square ? Sounds like a host of new issues and problems are about to occur... Will a ranger be strong against it or weak ? Or will summoning be 'neutral,' equal in its affect on all types of combat ? If you can summon different creatures then you can change your combat style according to your opponent. Will a stone troll be weak against water based mage attacks and a snake weak against crush ? It's going to re-write every guide you guys have written.

Polnar.png

Somehow, I don't see summoning as a class. I think there is going to be magic based summoning, ranged based summoning and melee based summoning. There will be issues if for example a magic based player without any ranged ability will be able to summon a ranging monster whilst maging their opponents themselves. It will rip the combat triangle to shreds.

More on topic:

I don't see any negative issues with raising the max CB level which can't be easily fixed.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Since all combat skills are F2P, does anyone think this will be F2P as well? <.<

I think it will be members. If you go to yanille magic guild you can see into the pet shop. If it was F2P then it wouldn't be in yanille :?

I had thought it was going to be members only, but since it affects combat level, I might have to change my mind.

It would unbalance the overall game by allowing level 138 members into F2P world against level 126 players, although I guess the summoning aspects wouldn't be usable so in a sense it wouldn't actually affect combat. It would, at minimum, blurr the understanding about what someone's levels might actually be (e.g., level 100 F2P vs level 100 member).

If it is F2P, it'll be equally as hard as prayer (or more so) to level.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

I can only think of three cons:

1. Level 126 won't be that respectable anymore

2. Tip.It will have to rediscover the combat level formula

3. Bounty Hunter will need re-adjustments

1) I'll just get 138 then. ^_^

2) It contributes the same amount as prayer... so no they won't.

3) Oh well.

jagex will have known whilst developing bounty hunting that theyre was going to be a combat cap increase so i think those changes will be ready to implement.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Somehow, I don't see summoning as a class. I think there is going to be magic based summoning, ranged based summoning and melee based summoning. There will be issues if for example a magic based player without any ranged ability will be able to summon a ranging monster whilst maging their opponents themselves. It will rip the combat triangle to shreds.

This is spot on, I believe. Makes sense to not be able to attack with two different types of attacks at once - the whole triangle idea would be completely demolished, as stated.

I think Jagex is going to make Summoning f2p - I just don't see there being two different max Combat Levels between free and pay.

I think this is an attempt (atleast partially) on their part, to "heal" a lot of wounds by f2p people who are angry at the whole Player Killing changes. Kind of like taking a bottle out of a baby's mouth and throwing a piece of candy at it... if you get my analogy :)

I think it will be like any melee skill, in the sense that f2p has it, but it's surely a lot easier to be trained in members with all of the extra items, locations and stuff like that.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Well, a con for skillers is that they can't train it.

It also changes my combat goal of:

77 Att

99 Str

45 Def

99 Mge

99 Rng

52 Pry

99 HP

- 99 Combat

If I understand the posters correctly, summoning will be placed on the combat calculator in this manner.

- Att/Str Lvls

- HP/Def Lvls

- Rng/Mge Lvls

- Pry/Smn/ Lvls

Correct me if I am wrong. This would mean that my Summoning and Prayer level would be dependant on whether or not I will level up my combat. Meaning with low prayer I could have higher summoning for my combat level, or vice-versa.

I seriously doubt that I will pass the 45 defence mark regardless, but now I am intrigued to get higher attack, summoning, and prayer. I just need to get some goals within a cool combat level. :-#

It won't appeal to me as much as multiple 99s at 99 combat, but I think I could have some fun with it.. Who knows, maybe this will force me to get higher defence and use some of my cash. (doubtful :roll: )

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Correct me if I am wrong. This would mean that my Summoning and Prayer level would be dependant on whether or not I will level up my combat. Meaning with low prayer I could have higher summoning for my combat level, or vice-versa.

I'm not sold yet that this is the way it works. Say for instance you need 3 prayer levels for a Combat up. I'm not so sure that you could do 2 prayer and 1 summoning, or 2 summoning and 1 prayer. I'm not comfortable saying that you wouldn't need the 3 prayer levels.It's for sure that summoning will raise combat LIKE prayer, but I just don't know about it being specifically tied in. It does seem stupid to seperate them though, so I bet they'll be tied in like you think.

Just more assuming, I guess :)

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if these were just assumptions, or if they were in the Development Diary. I was relying on what people said, since I am at school, and can't read it until I get home. :lol:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

A personal con for me would be that it incresses combat. Since I liked being below 90 combat with 1500+ total (yes, I know that it's not that big of an acomplishment, but whatever).

But other than that personal con, the only one I can think that will effect the entire game itself would be that the Firecape could be less respective since you might be able to kill Jad easier with the monsters you could summon. :-k

Unless of course it is unavailable in certain mini-games, boss areas, etc.. Who knows? :roll:

In that case, the fire cape would be even more respected at a lower combat level. :XD:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

worst update/thing to happen in runescape, im a lvl 103 skiller and DID NOT want to level my cb with having 99 summon, thx jagex, so so much...

118 combat

99 construction, hunter, firemaking,woodcutting, cooking

,fletching

Sara Drops:1x hilt 1x SS

Arma Drops:1x Hilt

Rex Drops:7x D axe 3x Beserker ring 2x Warrior ring

Dragon Drops:1x Chain

Level 126 won't be that respectable anymore

Level 126 isn't respectable at all at least, to me it isn't, if you're 123 in Classic then yes, if you're RS2 only, then no, as it's 4 times faster than Classic.

Basically (btw this has been proven): by time it takes u to get 90 Hitpoints and 99 Strength on Classic (with the top weapon) you will have 99 Attack, Defence, Strength and 98 Hitpoints on RS2.

They will have to release a new combat level for those randoms as the Tree Spirit, the Rock Golem, the River Troll and the Evil Chicken, because those will be to easy to kill and if you look at what cmb level you get a new level random you can put the new ones on combat 121.

Unless of course it is unavailable in certain mini-games, boss areas, etc.. Who knows? :roll:

In that case, the fire cape would be even more respected at a lower combat level. :XD:

I thought of that, but then you have to think. People can argue that Jagex shouldn't be allowed to restrict a combat skill in a combat-related area. It's almost the same thing as saying you can't use Range, Mage, or any of the Melee skills.

But then again, it's not exactly the same thing since with Summoning, the whole point is to summon monsters to help you, unlike the other combat skills.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what Jagex decieds

SUMMONING PURE PL0X?!!?!!?

12 Combat with 99 summoning?!?!!?!?

Maybe some defense????

And just when people thought that jagex killed off pures, (even though they did :XD: )

However I think that your combat level would rise a total of 12 levels minimum if you were to become a "summoning pure" making you at least level 15 combat with 99 summoning.

Then again, all this speculation does nothing if you cant summon certain monsters without having certain combat levels or if you cant do the summoning quest, which could perhaps be a prerequiste for starting the summoning skill, just like that quest to start you off in herblore. :wink:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]