~~~How will/has the 138 CB cap affect/ed the game?~~~ =~)

n_odie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:11 pm

When RS2 was in BETA stages the initial max combat was supposed to be "138" but they changed Magic to be like Ranged, if they had kept the Classic-style mage/combat growing, max level would be 138 now.

Summoning (if it's a combat enhancing skill) will be max level 138.

I personally don't think it will be, but I hope it is, can't wait to be level 120+ with no Defence rank :)

Hehe.

When RS2 was in BETA stages the initial max combat was supposed to be "138" but they changed Magic to be like Ranged, if they had kept the Classic-style mage/combat growing, max level would be 138 now.

I personally don't think it will be, but I hope it is, can't wait to be level 120+ with no Defence rank :)

Hehe.

Called that one aye?

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Hehe.

Called that one aye?

Lol, already knew :oops:

Hehe.

Called that one aye?

he calls a lot of false things too, but when they don't happen no one remembers ;)

anyways, i need to train my meelee up so I can get 138 i'm thinking this will be my new goal :uhh:

Since all combat skills are F2P, does anyone think this will be F2P as well? <.<

I think it will be members. If you go to yanille magic guild you can see into the pet shop. If it was F2P then it wouldn't be in yanille :?

That was a leak.

Just because we have only seen one, doesn't mean there won't be others.

Fail.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Hehe.

Called that one aye?

he calls a lot of false things too, but when they don't happen no one notices ;)

anyways, i need to train my meelee up so I can get 138 i'm thinking this will be my new goal :uhh:

99% of the updates I say do eventually happen, examples:

Jagex controlling the market & rare prices

Pest Control being fixed (in a good way, it's good now).

PKin as we know it removed (everyone laughed when I said that)

Godswords

and the Necromancy skill (aka Summoning), if you paid attention to my other posts, you'd know the next skill too :thumbsup:

Hehe.

Called that one aye?

he calls a lot of false things too, but when they don't happen no one notices ;)

Godswords

and the Necromancy skill (aka Summoning), if you paid attention to my other posts, you'd know the next skill too :thumbsup:

]

Be a doll and predict what you think the starting tutorial island combat level will be.

Godswords

Ok Stop being so [bleep]ing vein You are not the best person ever alive... making up random percentages...let me be one of the first people not to kiss your [wagon] you SUCK

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Just because there is a pet store in Yanille doesn't mean that is going to be the only one. There are more then one fishing or hunter store. :-w

91% percent of the people polled said they were liers. The other 9% lied to us.

Godswords

Ok Stop being so [bleep] vein You are not the best person ever alive... making up random percentages...let me be one of the first people not to kiss your [wagon] you SUCK

Hey don't be such an [wagon]. If i had called out something like this correctly i'd be a bit proud of it too.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Be a doll and predict what you think the starting tutorial island combat level will be.

You mean you want me to tell you?

Start level (as you login) Level 3.

If you train ALL skills to their max... 5.83 (IF max hitpoints is 10 on tutorial island, I forget these things).

I'm very excited about this, A new level for me to achieve and a new combat goal, I haven't had a combat goal since I finished Slayer so I can't wait :D

:D You have a new update for your blog! Yey \:D/

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Well, due to the destruction of wildy and pures, combat levels serve no purpose other than showing off. Also, getting a few easy summoning levels (starting levels are always easy to get) will make it easier for you to get on high-level pest control =) Oh, and the honor "triple digit club" (100 combat) would go even lower, assuming it had any honor left, because for example with 50 summoning you'd have 4 extra combat levels.

But in any case, your combat rarely means anything than just an arbitrary show of how powerful you are, rather than give you any advantage in and of itself (the SKILLS that make up your combat level are of course advantageous, but you no longer care about having a "too high" combat level). In other words, as long as you got the skills, you don't really care what your combat level is or how it is calculated, since it won't affect your game.

If it hadn't been the case, the concern I would have had is that it would even further disbalance equal-level combat and empower pures. The reason being is that Summoning will likely be a specialty for a specific class - just like a warrior, ranger, or mage, you'd have a summoner. Therefore, if you DON'T use summoning (but have the level), you'd have a higher level drawback with no benefit. Unlike prayer, summoning will probably cost resources and be expensive to use in combat, so you can't say "just use it if you have it".

I could be wrong if isntead summoning is just an "assist" skill that lets you summon a monster to HELP you fight rather than fight FOR you. If that is so, summoning may indeed be a worthy assistant to combat (like prayer), and the level raise is justified.

My other concern would have been that unlike other skills where returns are diminishing (a level 20 will beat level 10 easier than level 120 beats 110), the bonuses of summoning will likely grow instead, because presumably very high-level summoners will be able to summon truly powerful creatures, and the difference in power between 99 and 75 would be likely much higher than between 75 and 50, especially when in terms of other combat skills both players are in the 100's or higher. It may be different with noobs, but a lvl 110 player will probably not care about a level 50 summon much more than he cares about a level 1 summon, but he definitely will care about a level 99 summon more than level 50 summon. But the bonus is fixed. That means that those who train summoning to VERY high levels will have ALMOST the same combat who train it JUST to high levels, but much more of the benefit in terms of more power for your combat level.

But back to the original point... Who cares about your current combat level right now? It's not affecting your game in any way whatsoever anymore, except for showing off.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

I can only think of three cons:

1. Level 126 won't be that respectable anymore

2. Tip.It will have to rediscover the combat level formula

3. Bounty Hunter will need re-adjustments

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)